Officials:

Wesley Snipes

is Finally in Prison

12/9/2010 2:13 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Wesley Snipes is finally in federal custody to begin his 3 year prison sentence for tax evasion ... this according to prison officials.

Wesley Snipes Jail
Traci Billingsley, Chief Public Information Officer for the Bureau of Prisons, tells TMZ, "Wesley Snipes has self surrendered to the minimum security Federal Prison Camp at the Federal Correctional Institution McKean, in Bradford, Pennsylvania."

Another spokesperson for the B.O.P., Ed Ross, confirms, "Wesley Snipes has arrived and is at the prison facility in PA."

Story developing ...

1209_wesley_free_footer

Tonya Bryant

I dont see how these celebrities dont expect after they make all
of that money they do not have to pay taxes ,like average citizens the world over have to do.I have no sympathy for wesley
snipes and no other celebrity who dont want to pay their fair share of taxes.

Sawyer

I had to give up $27,000 in federal taxes to the government last year which was nearly a quarter of what I made. It hurts, it hurts a lot. But like most things, you have to pay to play and Wesley was handed a big time-out -> which of course our taxes are paying for.

peter

Snipes gets 3 yrs (maybe deserved)

Rangel gets a slap on the wrist

something wrong with this picture

Joey

Yeah because you know, owing a few mil to to the government is soo hard core that it warrants jail time.. but let the drug runners, rapists and child molesters walk the streets awaiting the next victims with nothing more than a slap on the wrist...our judicial system is so messed up.

I say make him pay the taxes he owes, slap him with a fine and let it go.

haha

hes gonna take it in the butt.. like vick..

Cecej

As pathetic as it is, I hope Halle Berry is celebrating...

Mully

Snipes should not be in jail.

Dana

This is about 3 mins. from my house.....maybe I'll see him mowing outside in the summer....we have a small town of about 1500 people so this is big news.

Muffy

I'm watching today's show...who's this Harvey wannabe???? How annoying! It's one thing to fill in for Harvey, it's another to try and emulate his EVERY move and mannerism! I could vomit.

Eddie

A guy in Florida allegedly cheated Medicare out of Millions of dollars through his business. He got voted in as Governor!
Also, didn't Tim Geitner have a similar problem? Rangel?
No problem!
Snipes has paid over 30 Million in taxes over his lifetime. He fails to file and gets 3 years. What he did was illegal but wow, 3 years is a little harsh in my opinion. I hope he fires his old accountant and hires someone he can trust to keep him legal and never go theough this again. Good Luck WS

Heather

My boyfriend's dad is a prison guard there.. goes in at midnight tonight.. I'll be interested to hear if there is any drama on Wesley's first night in.

appaulledw

Thats what he get for making money! he should know better, the gov has freeloaders to feed. and he is holding out.

robert

wow hes in there with my brother.

David

What the hells wrong with you people? Granted he screwed up, as all of us has. He fought it and lost.
BUT THEN he showed up at the prison. He didn't try to flee, as a lot of other chicken **** actors would have. He's manned up and gonna do what he has to do and then move on. Leave him alone.

PS - He'll be an even better man when he gets out.

ken

i think they made an example of him. A regular person would not be in jail