« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Vikings' Snow Shoveling Fans Get Filling Offer

12/15/2010 6:18 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Minnesota Vikings fans are busting their humps right now ... shoveling snow out of a stadium to get it ready for Monday Night Football -- and a local eatery wants to give 'em free grub for digging deep.

1215_vikings_stadium_istock_minnesota_gophers_facebook

Gus Tinucci, owner of Tinucci's, tells TMZ he wants to support fans who are clearing out TCF Bank Stadium so the Vikings can battle the Chicago Bears.  You might remember ... the Metrodome's not really an option.

Gus says he's waiting for the Vikings to give him the thumbs up so he can dish out the "Randy Moss Special" -- it's the same menu Randy blew up about before he got traded.

-- BBQ Pork Ribs
-- Round of Beef
-- Chicken
-- Pasta Alfredo
-- Cole Slaw
-- Rolls w/ Butter

As Gus put it, "They can't shovel snow all day and not feed them."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Carl

The Vikings themselves should be paying for this or otherwise paying the fans that help out. Given how much money the team is worth they don't need to rely on charity to clean up the stadium.

en Todo Momento!!

did you know that ribs get reeeeaaall tender when you take a hammer to them reeeeaaaalll goood??!!! yaaaayy!!! just draw a smiley face on em and whack away!!

Jim in Cali

Monday's night low temperatures for Minnesota is 6 degrees. Can't wait till Monday night

Jared

I wouldn't feed that **** to my dog.... I will be at the game tho!

LONG LIVE #84

NDNchief

Since this is an NFL post. . . GO GREEN BAY PACKERS ! ! ! I will say BOO on J.Sterger for hexing Brett and his start streak. Stay strong Brett.

maggie99

Sounds like a good menu and I have had the Tinucci's food before - maybe I will go down and shovel for awhile with all the other Vikings fans. It will be a balmy 20 degrees tomorrow. Go Vikings! I am so glad they got rid of Randy Moss too bad he is so talented but he brings discord and chaos wherever he goes. And he has caught like 3 passes since being waived and picked up by the Titans?

wasted days and wasted nights

I can't believe the team is using volunteers to dig out that snow. Plenty of folk would happily do it for a reasonable hourly wage. And what about the players? They should be so special that they can't pick up a shovel and do their bit for the cause. The organization must be serving some sort of purple drink to get the people to do this. Maybe it is grape drink, who knows.

Frank Sivens

Like a couple other people have pointed out, this is quite ridiculous and insane.

"Oh please gazillionaire NFL team owner! Let me shovel the snow out of the stadium. Please!"

"Oooh Oooh! Can I help too?! I'll give the people free food! Please, anything I can do to be of service oh benevolent team owner! Just don't take our football away!"

nomomn

They are getting paid... It's Tinucci's that is offering to feed them...

D Wayne

Go Bears! Yes, even after last week and most others........ I'm still a fan!

RoxanneRoxanneRoxanne

I live in Minnesota... and there is a bunch of crackheads (and some actual fans) out there shoveling to get paid their $13 an hour
They went thru temp agencies to get these people...
and most of em came from a temp service that seriously has crackheads there that work their once a month daily labor to get money for their crack rocks

nomomn

Regardless if they are working to make a buck - or to supply their habbit - they are working so more power to them. That's the way I see it... Good to see people working for their money!

jeff

Do people still live in Minnesota? I thought it belonged to the French.

Kris

You can always tell a good rib joint. They use home-made mashed potatoes! Not French fries! Come on Minnesota that's bush. That's bush league.

type a

I doubt the NFL or the Viking's paid for the help. The people who run the Metrodome paid for whatever expenses.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments