'Dexter' Star

Files for Divorce from

Michael C. Hall

12/16/2010 8:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... Jennifer Carpenter just filed her petition for divorce this afternoon from her "Dexter" co-star Michael C. Hall ... but it turns out they've been separated for a long time.

1216_hall_carpenter_divorce_launch_EX

According to the document, the date of separation is listed as August 9, 2010

Carpenter cites "irreconcilable differences" in the petition filed in L.A. County Superior Court.

Carpenter is also asking for spousal support and for attorney's fees.

The couple, who married in 2008, have no children.

Julia Stiles -- who guest starred on "Dexter" this season and is rumored to have gotten "close" to Hall  -- just issued a statement saying they're just "good friends" and she's not the cause of the breakup.

Jennifer Carpenter

Chrissy

umm, just because you are on the same show doesn't mean you make the same money. In fact, she makes far below his salary. You'd actually be surprised how far below. You people always love to pass judgment when the reality is you have NO clue what is really going on between them, all you have is a shred of gossip that in no way passes for reality.

Amazed

At least she waited until he recovered from the cancer treatments and the season ended. I predict Debra Morgan will suc***b to the next serial killer on the next season of Dexter.

Amazed

I guess I need to rephrase, due to censors. I didn't say a bad word, but they censored me, anyway. I predict Debra Morgan will "die" at the hands of the next serial killer on the next season of Dexter.

Jaime

Their separation was aug 9th?? Weren't they seen at the awards on Aug 29th?

Hisjules

test

Antoinette

Whoever found those pictures and put them on this story needs a raise. ROFLMAO

msangelina

Well, I really enjoy their show and thought they were sweet together as a couple. I was kinda surprised and bummed about the divorce. I hope he didn't cheat on her.

p.s. I wasn't surprised about Scarlett and Ryan, though. Those two never even looked happy.

R

Holy crap. She wouldn't ask for him to pay her attorney fees unless she thought the divorce was all his fault, right? That only enforces the theory that he cheated ...

Fidel Sarcastro

Asking for support and for him to pay her legal bills makes me feel like she might have caught him cheating and this is a way to make him pay for it. I mean its not as if she doesn't make a good enough living to support herself or pay her lawyers. It looks like payback to me but I wonder if it is that bad then what will that mean for the show, will they write her off the show if her and Michael cant get along? You see this is why you shouldn't get involved with co-workers.

Allison

First of all I think it sad. He's just recovering for a horrible illness. Second I also think it is HORRIBLE that we can read all about their PRIVATE business as far as what is in the petition for divorce. That being said how can she ask for spousal payment when she has no children and has a job at the same place as her husband ?

Bubba Ganoosh

What's with this spousal support crap. She's working. She can take care of herself. Women make up over 50% of the workforce in America. Alimony has no place in today's society.

sam

Julia got involved while she was trying to REPAIR their marriage!

Jessica

Wow.. Spousal support? How greedy can you be! Some people really have no shame do they? You can't tell me she's hurting for money. My respect for her has gone to 0.. Move on to greener pastures Michael!

dd

@16 I don't care what her wages are no kids, a short marriage, doesn't equal take care of me forever..SHE'S WORKING!

diogenes

It hurts no matter who wants the divorce.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments