Julia Stiles:

I Didn't Break Up

Michael C. Hall's Marriage

12/16/2010 7:44 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Julia Stiles is bristling at the rumors she's the reason Michael C. Hall and fellow "Dexter" star Jennifer Carpenter are divorcing.

Julia Stiles

Julia gave this statement to TMZ:  "I have absolutely nothing to do with the split between Michael and Jennifer."

Julia goes on:  "We are good friends and enjoyed working together.  This is a personal matter between them, and we should respect their privacy."

And, Julia says, "Although I too prefer to keep my private life private, I felt compelled to dispel the rumors I was somehow the cause for this matter."

NoBreederRat

Sorry, Julia. People are often even more rude when they can cower behind a PC.

I honestly think the best response is no response. "No comment" became the standard for a reason. Once you speak up everyone rushes in to over-analyze your statement and instead of killing the story you're basically putting out fire with gasoline.

Whatever the case may be here, marriages are falling apart left and right. Whether people stay together anymore has little to do with a 3rd party.

January

I don't believe this for a second. I also don't believe Jennifer complained to people about working with her husband. ANyone who watches the show knows Michael and Jennifer don't have a ton of scenes together.Even Michael C. Hall commented on that when they got married. Their scenes are minimal!

I thought the marriage was ending because she wants children and he doesn't? I HOPE THEY GET BACK TOGETHER!

Chia

Yuck!

Stewart

Get this chick some crest white strips. She should get those fang teeth shaved down also.

All

NAH... Julia is beautiful! And i think she is really good as an actress. Too bad she got caught up in this rumors being that she has always kept her private life very guarded. But i understand the statement. Being told that you are the other women when you are not that kind of person is awfull, and insulting, i think. I'm glad she cleared that up. I would be disappointed if it were true.

Elliot

Julia is hot! I've always wanted to bang her, especially after seeing her in the Borne movie. She has meat on her body, no fake lips, no fake bobs, no drug or alcohol problem. She's almost a rarity. I'll take her.

TMZgossip

Uhh, Julia, honey until you said something I hadn't even heard that supposed 'rumor'...while perhaps the biggest and adult story to hit you in your career, if you hadn't said anything no one would have thought anything of you either. Moron.

Posted at 3:32 PM on Dec 16, 2010 by annie2
...

just because you haven't heard a rumor doesn't mean it isn't out there. Stuff has been floating around since Halloween and it vent viral on the 14th of Dec.

get your head out of the sand and realize that TMZ isn't the only source for celebrity gossip

boro silicate

its nt that julia was keeping her private life private, its just that nobody was looking for her after hitting the scene and jumping into making inter racial movies, she disappeared like a popcorn f a r t. this last season of dexter was the worst ever because julia stiles cant act her way into a scool play. that flat face reminds me of a frying pan. julia, please go back to keeping your private life private so we dont have to see or hear from your no talent azz again.

annie2

TMZgossip: Pull YOUR head out...I was already corrected on that and apologized. Here I go again, for your benefit,okay?

I, annie2, wholeheartedly apologize for having offended Julia Stiles, Michael C. Hall (because I know they are reading this) and all my fellow TMZ posters with my ignorance yesterday. I should have been paying closer attention to checking out every story posted before rendering my snarky opinion last evening. Mea culpa, mea culpa...Our Father, who art in Heaven...(I'm starting my 20 Our Fathers and 20 Hail Mary's...)

Have a good day everyone.

Joy Vaughn

@ 13
So how does it being 10:00 effect your teeth color ?!?@

clb

Julia Stiles was terrific on Dexter, and well deserves her Golden Globe nomination. After all the mean comments on here, I looked her up on Wikipedia. She's only 29 and is hugely accomplished, devoted to many worthy charitable causes, and has a intelligent, creative blog. Her personal life is none of our business anyway. Merry Christmas Julia!

Pet

Well, hopefully, she did not break up Michael's marriage, though it is coincidential that they broke up after Julia appeared in her show. I hope to review some of her movies at my site soon, http://www.myromancemoviereview.com

Survivor

I think Meryl Streep's Oscars should be stripped away because her teeth aren't perfect. What a bunch of *******s. I am a real, live person. Not made up, not a celebrity. I was hurt by these tooth comments because I have yellow teeth. I was given Tetracycline as a small child before they were aware of the long-term affects. It actually stained my then-forming permanent teeth on the INSIDE. Nothing short of veneers will make any difference at all. I have struggled with it all my life and have had children, who didn't know it would hurt me, say very loudly "why are your teeth yellow". Try to be decent and learn to have some empathy for others.

Survivor

laura

I bet all of you losers putting down Julia's Stiles looks don't look half as good as she does. What cowards you are to put down somebody while hiding behind a computer, real brave! Your idiots, but then again so is Harvey Levin. By the way Harvey...I'd love to skin a rabbit alive and wear its fur as a jump suit, how about your?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments