Mel Gibson Doesn't Make Anti-Semitic Cut of 2010!

12/16/2010 3:22 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson has just been snubbed by the premier Jewish organization in America -- he's nowhere to be found on the 10 most anti-Semitic list.

Mel Gibson Anti Semite

The Simon Wiesenthal Center just released its "2010 Top Ten Anti-Semitic Slurs" list:

Topping this year's list --  former White House journalist Helen Thomas who famously said, "Jews should get the hell out of Palestine. They should go home to Germany, Poland, America and everywhere else."

The also-rans include: Oliver Stone, a former CNN host and a political leader.

Remember, Oksana Grigorieva claims Mel told her -- referring to one Harvey Levin -- "I want Jew blood on my hands."  Harvey didn't believe Mel really said that, and apparently neither did the Simon Wiesenthal Center.

0907_gibson_footer

Curious

Cthrew -

I respectfully disagree with you as to Mr. Harvey's possible motives here. Ryder's story is all over the popular media. I think Mr. Harvey might be trying to inject a little realistic balance by pointing out that the Wisenthal Center has ignored Mr. Mel completely when compiling their list of slurs.

Mr. Harvey may not like Mr. Mel much, but he does seem to have a sense of fair play.

gemini81

new thread

Posted at 12:13 PM on Dec 16, 2010 by Confused
------------------------------
The meerkat alerts the rest of the crazies to fill this new thread with ignorant rants and redundancy...

lili

I LOVE Gods Jewish people.... so forgiving, non-whining, hard working, very few are incarcerated, and most all Jewish people VALUE family and tradition and are totally accepting of other races. As King David said a few thousand years ago, Jews are the apple of Gods eye .The Jewish people have been envied and hated for this through out history, BUT the Jewish people WILL LIVE ON, it is already foretold that they will be VICTORIOUS!!!!Jesus the JEW is Lord of ALL +

Posted at 11:43 AM on Dec 16, 2010 by truth and mercy
***********

My gosh, people need to put their heads on straight. Jews are just like anyone else, for goodness sake.

THey are loved when they are good, and loathed when they are bad. Those are the facts, and stop distorting them. Just like some blacks cannot see when they should be held accountable, like the Wesley SNipes case, Jews often cannot see when they should be held accountable, like the MADOFF CASE, and infinite others banksters gangster cases. To blame that people are jealous of them is HILARIOUS, HYSTERICALLY PREPOSTEROUS, AND PATHETIC and shows tremendous lack of insight. Heck, most of Wall Street houses are Jewish, so get your facts straight and start to understand the corruption of Lehmanns, Goldman Sachs, Michael Milken and otherS. NOONE IS JEALOUS, gentiles don't appreciate theft, though, no matter who commits it.

A disproportionate number of Jewish people are currently involved in financial misdeeds of colossal proportions, and goys do not like this. NOONE is jealous of the jewish people whatsoever, in fact, the Jewish people are the ones who envy gentiles, shown by the desire to assimilate into goy culture.

Madoffs wife Ruth blamed the takedown of Madoff on " the gentiles." So get your story straight. WHen good is done, people of any race, religion, creed are loved. When bad is done,it is not appreciated. Period. It's a case by case situation, but when people are not welcomed, it's for a reason, NOT DUE TO ENVY.

Curious

Fidel's Niece -
Hiya :)

Want to share something with you since you inspired the idea.
Got a friend of mine, who also has been following this saga, an old fashion soup bowl and, yup, painted "Blow Me' on it. =D

Fidel's niece

Let's see how many Jews
are on Wall Street or running
the banks, or
investment funds?

And the world is in a
financial mess due to their greed.

Geez, why is it the people don't like them???

anitab

Well to clarify, the Jews ordered his death but it was the governing Romans who carried it out.The Jewish leaders were sacred of his growing popularity and viewed his ideas as blasphemy. The Romans, being rather barbaric, used the Crucifixion method when executing any non-Roman citizen.

HOWEVER, Jesus died for all of humanity's sins, so we are all responsible for his death, no particular group.

Cthrew

Posted at 12:13 PM on Dec 16, 2010 by Curious

Hi Curious, Well, that's just my take on it. I respect your perspective, too.

Fidel's niece

Hiya, Curious,

LOL! I KNEW i should have gone
into the novelty business,
could have made a fortune this
Christmas with "Glum C*nt" coffee mugs!

***Team Mel***

Carl

Some of those people clearly belong on the list. But others I wonder about. Is what Helen Thomas said really the most anti-Semitic thing said all year? She definitely shouldn't have said what she said, but ranking her #1 will likely mean some of the more hateful comments on the list (and others that didn't make it) get less press.

TMZgossip

** GLUM CU.NT **
** SUGAR TITS **
** OVEN DODGERS **

yep, he's glib

Pat

#14 Harvey is Jewish and knows how to make buck, he's know's it will stir the pot and get people to his site. He just makes the whole situation worse for everyone, if people aren't anti semites he'll turn them into one with stunts like these.

Squeaky Shoes

Ok let's face it guys,

People are only *ANYTHING* when it's most convenient for them.

I put on a whole other persona at work than i am in real life because it's "convenient" to me to keep my job... if i walked around my office when the loud mouth i have around my friends i'd be fired in no time.

The media and celebrities are no better

Curious

Fidel's Niece -
LOL, I can send ya royalty?

Cthrew -
I see your point of view as well. Took me a minute, but it finally sank in, lol.
Nothing wrong with different points of view. We could both be right or wrong to varying degrees.
I'd bet ya a cookie, but I ate it. =D

V

Is there any other moniker that is used as a Religion AND as a Race? I am not really clear what benchmark is used to determine who is ANTI-SEMITE and if the ANTI-SEMITE term is unique to AMERICA. The Simon Wisenthal Center is a busy organization.

I understand the word ANTI-SEMITE is used to ONLY refer to ONE of the Semitic languages, HEBREW, and therefore the JEWISH RELIGION. How did that happen? There are other Semitic languages aren't there?

I wonder if most AMERICAN'S sensitivities and tolerances about religion allowed this sort thing to blossom. TELLTHETRUTH made an interesting point - Where is the rancor and widespread publication of folks who are ANTI-CATHOLICS? I would add what about the ANTI-BAPTISTS? ANTI-PRESBYTERIANS? ANTI-LUTHERANS? Anti-GreekOrthodox? Anti-Pentecostal? Some of what HOLLYWOOD churns out is far more hateful toward other religions than the Jewish faith! It feels almost hypocritical to me.

This organization, the Simon Wisenthal Center, includes museums, a film company, and college outreach efforts. In an nutshell they are in the business to expose anyone who is ANTI-JEW,and they define JEW as a RACE don't they? Their mission is to be PROMOTE ISRAEL over OTHER SEMITIC speaking peoples isn't it? To DEFINE the HOLOCAUST as only a JEWISH hatecrime, when in fact many nonJews were also killed.

I found it interesting apparently one of their missions is to end the US dependency on OIL. If you look under the Campus Ourreach section you will find it. I think their exact wording is "fighting for America's energy independence". I found that a bit of a reach for this organization. I thought this organization existed to help teach people not to HATE.

I found these two links an interesting read.

Take a look at www.jstreet.org/about/about-us

So.... would the folks at Simon Wisenthal Center consider J-Street folks ANTI-SEMITE because they question the validity or the wisdom of the westbank settlements?

So many hairs to split and ironically the whole process seems to DIVIDE and cause friction.

As a Christian I was raised to be respectful of all people. To look beyond their RACE, their socio-economic position, and what religion they practice and to SEE HOW THEY TREAT OTHERS.

THe GOLDEN RULE was the BENCHMARK -

DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE OTHERS DO UNTO YOU.

As AMERICANS, we are all about FREEDOMS, aren't we? We like to celebrate our differences, don't we? The regions of our Country from COLONIAL times to NOW reflect a wonderful hodge-podge of people who come here to explore and experience FREEDOM. They leave their old homelands and make new homes in America. We have been known at the MELTING POT for generations but that didn't mean sacrificing faith for the opportunity to live here, did it? Quite the contrary. It did however mean the folks who chose to make the US HOME were and are supposed to be FUNDAMENTALLY rooted as AMERICANs concerned with the UNITED STATES interests and NOT fundamentally linked to a foreign nation, didn't it?

I can't help but wonder if some of these ANTI-SEMITE media accounts are more about CONTROL or an GRAB for PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT than about true concern for LIBERTY and the PURSUIT of HAPPINESS.

Just MO, of course.

LISA

Mel is not a racist. I'm glad to see Harvey acknowledge this.