Michael Jackson Manslaughter Prelim - 30 Witnesses

12/28/2010 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned more than 2 dozen witnesses will testify at  Dr. Conrad Murray's preliminary hearing in the Michael Jackson manslaughter case.

1228_mj_conrad_EX_TMZ

Sources say the prelim will last roughly 2 weeks and approximately 30 witnesses will be called.

We're told there won't be a "Perry Mason" moment -- instead, prosecutors will lay out their case, piece by piece, to show Dr. Murray acted recklessly by medicating Michael with Propofol and other drugs at his home the day he died.

Sources say the witnesses include various medical experts, as well as 3 LAPD detectives who investigated the case.

And, we're told, prosecutors will present more evidence than in a typical manslaughter case, because the legal theory here is novel -- that a doctor committed a homicide in the treatment of a patient.

1108_remembering_michael_jackson_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Annie

Sadly I believe MJ had a serious drug problem. I don't feel one man should be held responsible for his death.

nan

good. i dont know how many people fed into the scenario , but this doctor left his patient and was negligent and then tried to cover it up, he should be held accountable in a court of law..
and forget the decades of smearing mj in the tabloid press. just present the facts.

Common Sense

Has the Prosecution not learned anything from the OJ trial. Too much of nothing is still nothing.
A waste of money and an attempt to bankrupt the Defendant, petty BS with not enough evidence. Someone will eventually sue for Millions and this will handcuff the DA's office. Celebrity cases should not be grandstanding opportunities, it will come back to bite them someday

chuckie

Burn in hell Murray

Scott

I agree nan I am looking forward to some disclosure. I hope the trial goes the distance and Murray does not cop a plea bargain.

Wait a sec Dr. Death is broke I wonder who is paying his legal fess? Perhaps AEG who ahemmmmmm never had a contract with Murray to treat MJ? It's gonna be quite the show and you know MJ's old man is gonna chime in.

Would be nice of TMZ to give a portion of the profits they make off MJ to charity......oh wait a sec that would mean they had a concious....my bad.

Doreen

Sadly I believe Justice will never be served. ;(. This was a murder conspiracy with more than just Murray..he was the scapegoat.

aquanet

Whats to lay out? That drug shouldn't be giving outside an operating room and its not to be used as a personal sleep aid. Period. He's a doctor, and he knows that. He's totally at fault for negligence, and should have his license taken away and he should be arrested and jailed for murder as well as plain old stupidity and greed.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

I thought all of this was over and they found doc murry not guilty of murder of wacko jacko..
what did I miss??

Sandy

Even if Michael had a drug problem, Dr. Murray should know better than to administer that type of drug without the proper medical backup care. First of all, it is not something he should administer out of a hospital.
Why would you attempt to medicate him under such cir***stances??? Why???

annie

I cannot wait for them to start spilling Wacko's secrets. That freak bleached himself and then bought white children. He was a sicko and got his rocks off with little boys.

Siggisis

Posted at 10:10 AM on Dec 28, 2010 by nan

Amen.

I think Dr. Murray was drunk that night. He came to Michael´s home directly from the strip joint of his choice.

sofi

I hope murray won't get the chance to walk as a free man again after killing Michael.

LC4Michael

Really wish I could be at the Prelim. I think the Prosecution has more up their sleeve than we are aware of. 30 witnesses is a lot - hope they do MJ justice.

Manslaughter is not the right verdict but if it takes this quack off the streets and prevents him from doing this to someone else; I'm all for it!

angles

YES I HOPE THE MURRAY GETS LIFE IN PRISON HE WAS DEAD WRONG IN HOW HE TREATED MICHAEL THAT DAY BUT I ALSO KNOW THAT MICHAEL KNEW HE WAS GOING TO BE KILLED HE SAID IT ENOUGH IN HIS LIFE VIDEOS AND I HOPE THE POLICE DO JUSTICE FOR M.J. THIS MAN NEEDS TO HAVE MEDICAL STRIPPED AND GO TO JAIL

Chic