Teena Marie Autopsy Complete

12/29/2010 5:47 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The L.A. County Coroner's Office has completed the autopsy on singer Teena Marie ... TMZ has learned.

1229_teen_marie_EX_Getty_01
We're told officials found no signs of trauma. Further testing and toxicology reports are still incomplete.

As TMZ previously reported, the singer died Sunday during a nap. No illegal drugs were found at her home.

1227_remembering_teena_marie_footer

LinPen

To the reader that asked about the autopsy protocols, usually a 'preliminary autopsy', I believe, is performed immediately. This particular autopsy is done rather quickly. Then the 'final autopsy' is performed afterwords, which then usually takes many weeks with a final conclusive report. Much testing is done. I was sorry to hear of her death at a young age. We all have to be very careful when taking medications and then stopping them cold. As for the mean comments written on this thread about her, it is a 'free country' still and you are certainly allowed to speak your mind. However, as far as having any class at all - - you certainly will never have that. R.I.P. Lady T.

Paula Simons

I would like to express my deepest sympathy to her family. Ms Teena was one of the most Fizz soul singers in my book and one of the best singers of all times. I remeber back in the day when she first came out and that voice was like velvet, powerful, strong and clear. I sang Fire & Desire until I knew all the words and everything that went along with that song. She will be missed by me, I was fortunate to see Ms Teena at a live concert in Bermuda some years ago, that was the highlight of the concert she was Fizz!!!!!!!! I want to get all of her albums, where would I inquire about doint that. Always Paulz.

allforlove

I don't understand how some people can be so cruel! We have lost another life who might not mean anything to you but, she has a family who love her. I am not a fan or even know who she is but you people need to show some respect at the least! Sheeesh!!!! My deepest condolences to the family. May time heal your sorrow and memories last in your hearts forever!

robboto

U PEOPLE MAKING ALL THESE NEGATIVE COMMENTS ABOUT A PERSON U OBVIOUSLY DONT KNOW (THRU HER MUSIC OR PERSONNALY) WHY DO U FEEL THE NEED TO COMMENT? IS IT BECAUSE YOUR LIFE IS SOOOO EMPTY AND MISERABLE U HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING HURTFUL ABOUT SOMEONE ALOT OF PEOPLE (KNOW THUR HER MUSIC)LOVE AND WILL MISS FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES? OR ARE U JUST SOME MISERABLE SACKS OF ..ITS!!!

robboto

she was here before and she ain't coming back (i can dig it) thank u lady Tee for giving us your soul which was your music which was yourself which was/is your spirit... i pray that your spirit will be always with your child (yo mini me) Ms Alia Rose and that she will prosper in sprit and song as her beloved mother... Tee i will miss u/yo music... God bless you and Alia until we meet... your humble sista n song n rhyme...

lovie21

It doesn't matter how this women past away the fact is that she is dead people. It was her time to go home with the lord and she will be missed. My heart goes out to her child the most. R.I.p. Teena Marie!!!

PObeso

Teen Marie what a great singer, you will be missed, for those of us that got to see her in concert know this beatiful women can sing. Was looking forward to her concert in Feb' 2011, since you left this earth may you rest in peace."LA DONA"

M@rk

Pamela Velasquez, you're so right

Cynthia Hicks-Leeper

People disgust me. A person dies and morons write idiotic statements. Lady T was a talented musician but more than that she was a human being, someones mother, relative , friend, a-holes. If her neck ate her head, than your penis should eat your body oh but that would imply you have one. So get a tweezer and look for it and stop posting stupid comments

Troy Lucas

I love Teena Marie's music and voice. A movie should be made about Teena Marie and Rick James's relationship and musical collaborations. Actress Jenna Von Oy should play Teena and actor Gary Dourdan should play Rick.

Gina

RIP Lady T. God bless her family..

DancingSpiderman

Rest In Peace, Lady T. I love you.

She died in her sleep. Sounds like Obstructive Sleep Apnea to me. She stopped breathing during REM sleep because her airway was closed off. She literally died in her sleep. I wonder whether Teena Marie had ever taken a Sleep Study from an Otolaryngologist to determine Sleep Apnea? I wonder whether the coroners thought of the possibility? Sounds to me like the focus of the autopsy was the existence of illicit drugs , of which none were detected.

Makes one say "hmmmmm..."

Laniece

RIP Lady Tee. I was a fan from listening to the old songs my mom use to play at home. And to all you people who are making these stupid comments (@DLiver420), lets see how funny it is when one of your loved ones dies, see if you still have that same dark stupid humor. IDIOTS. *******s

LoisLane

I was ten year's old when "Square Biz" was released. I fell instantly in love with her, some folks got stuck on her color, I always believed she was sent back as a white woman to show us that color is relative. As a promoter Teena Marie,I attend many concerts, I was invited to attend an album release party for her a few years ago. When she took the stage I felt like I was 10 years old again out of all the performers I've seen, that WAS the BEST show I ever went to....We may never know why she choose to transend when she did you can't control when you die all I know is I continue to be blessed by her music every day.

no1uKnow

Teena is a music icon who will be remembered way after many of these so called "singers" of today. Lady Tee, much Love and Respect to you. You will be missed.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments