Chris Brown -- I Apologize, I'm Not Homophobic

12/30/2010 3:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown tells TMZ he's sorry for going off on Raz B yesterday on Twitter, and making crass sexual references that many say were homophobic.

Chris Brown Homophobic

Brown tells TMZ, "Yesterday was an unfortunate lack in judgment sparked by public Twitter attacks from Raz B, who was bent on getting attention.  Words cannot begin to express how sorry and frustrated I am over what transpired publicly on Twitter."

Brown goes on, "I have learned over the past few years to not condone or represent acts of violence against anyone.  Molestation and victims of such acts are not to be taken lightly; and for my comments I apologize -- from the bottom of my heart."

123010_raz_b_2_video

One source connected with Brown wanted to make one thing clear -- the notion that Raz B really was molested is highly questionable, given his video denial of the incident (above) -- not that it excuses Brown's comments.

Brown ends his apology with this:  "I love all of my fans, gay and straight. I have friends from all walks of life and I am committed, with God's help, to continue becoming a better person."

erica

When are you ever going to let my husband CHRIS have a break? leave him alone. He didnt start any of this. who is RazB anyway? i dont even remember him being in B2K until the whole twitter battle yesterday. Clearly chris is trying to work on the new CHRIS but how is he going to do that if YOU (TMZ and all the haters) keep dogging him? He's a human just like you and me. I'd blow up to if you call me a woman beater and im sitting here trying to change and let go of my past HES SORRY how many times does he have to say it?!?!?! damn!!!!!

Kimberly W

I do not have to say that I accept his apology because everyone needs to just leave chris alone. He is human and we all make mistakes, not one of us is perfect. Everyone is going to experience things differently in life to grow to be better, and if not then thats on them. But I don't blame Chris for anything, not saying he was right but that he is only human.

Chi Chi

@Swinson shut the **** up you ****ing hater!!!!

KeKe

Wow. He's only human like any other person in the world. Nobody is perfect. I think ppl are just taking this overboard. Yea, it was a young minded act on both party's but ppl act like this kinda thing don't happen in everyday life. The sad part about it is that they can't be normal because of how ppl so quick to judge. On that same note, if you air it out for the world to know then you are asking to be judge. Its plenty of other important things ppl need to be focused on then this BS. Give it a rest...

Jason

He beats a woman...gets away with it. If it were any normal john doe, they would have been thrown in prison. He rants anti-gay slurs...gets away with it. You people clearly have no clue. Anyone who supports him in any fashion, is just as bad as him.

Tima

ok people. Chris Brown made a mistake.and like anyone who makes mistakes they dont deserve to have it thrown back in their face. so RazB need shouldnt being throwing the past in chris face.RazB has his own problems he need to worry about.

Shakia Williams

Also thank you TMZ for showing everyone this RazB (DeMario)youtube video of him denying everything! That man is such a liar!!! I wish Marques Houston would sue him but it's obvious how broke and disturbed this man is! Much respect and props for Marques Houston for taking the high road, in the midst of this nightmare of an ordeal!!! So many people have turned against him just like so many were quick to believe the lies that were told about Michael Jackson!!! Well atleast we have some shred of proof to defend Marques Houston in this case. I have been a Immature/IMx/Sister Sister/Marques Houston fan since "On Our Worst Behavior" and I am not ever going anywhere!!!

azlee

good grief, in his style of music it speaks of not being a saint. He is talking the way a bunch of young people talk. I don't like it but that is the way it is. I think some people need to grow some thicker skin and quit whimpering every time a star makes a remark that isn't politically correct. This is coming from a 54 yr old female too.

Chi Chi

Oh and did I forget to mention his life was threatened but yet he has to be the one who apologizes gtfoh!!!! This is complete bull**** **** all the haters seriously!!!! Like it or not Chris Brown isnt going anywhere!!!

stonermoog

well at least we know he can afford a p.r. hack to come along and try to clean up his messes for him.
this guy will never change. he's full of hate & rage. he can't control himself. he needs to have DANGER tattooed across his forehead.

Allie

People need to stop being so ****ing sensitive. He wasn't bashing gays, he was bashing Raz-B. Raz-B started it, clearly trying to get attention; nobody even knew who he was before all of this started. Chris Brown may have done some bad things in the past, he's HUMAN after all. Doesn't mean he can't stand up for himself when some attention whoring nobody is disrespectful. I think the public should take the sticks out of their asses and see this situation for what it really is. If somebody would have been disrespecting YOU like that, I'm pretty sure you would have reacted the same way or even worse.

yo

When I was 19 I did not beat up any women, ever.

Bashing is only by Chris Brown.

End of story.

Jaquelynn

Chris Brown doesn't need to apologize AT ALL, He didn't start it RazB did. But since NOBODY cares about him, you won't say how he started it and was still talking about it today. Raz B needs to apologize for starting everything, and opening up old wounds (especially since Chris had to apologize) and it all started over Rihanna, Raz B could have been more respectable & did all that in private, instead of on twitter and pulling other people into it. Rihanna has yet to replied to none of it because SHE DOESN'T CARE !

Tamala

All this bashing on Chris for everything he says and does is rediculous. People have the right to freedom of speech and his rights are being violated. Chris is truly a talented soul, who is constantly having to defend himself for things a regular joe can get away with, no questions asked. Stop hating, and if you don't like him, don't follow. Look in the mirror and cast the first stone, haters.

KB

I knw sometimes things r better left unsaid but dude was tryin to get at RiRi first tryin to "FLIRT" then he didnt get a response from her so he hits up C Breezy comin at him statin first hes a #womanbeater(which he has done his community service fo)Raz c'mon son u salty that ur 1st attempt at comeback didnt work so u try to do sommin like this ya it got ya 800000+ followers but fo what u really aint got much to say. ppls life aint for ur entertainment!!! TEAMBREEZY