John Mellencamp and Wife End Marriage

12/30/2010 10:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

John Mellencamp is ending his marriage of 20 years.

1230_john_mellancamp_elaine_irwin_bn_Getty
John and his wife, Elaine Mellencamp, a model, have split, although his rep isn't saying if they've filed divorce papers yet.

The couple says they "are proud of their 20 years together and are very happy with their accomplishments both as parents and as a family."

John and Elaine will continue to raise their two kids in Indiana.

A 20-year marriage is a good run for sure, so we ask ...

lanastaslem

Glad his wife is leaving is crazyazz behind.

I saw melonhead in an interview saying we should have tried "talking" to hitler instead of waging war on him. Can you believe this?

He probably thinks we should "talk" to the taliban too. What a complete utter "dhimmi" (google it) he is. Completelty clueless and a world class liberal wimp. I hope she takes him for as much as she can.

sparkie97_

#22 she doesn't and hasn't ever needed his money. She was and still is making her own money. She's been a sucessful model for more than 25 or so years. I'm sure she got fed up with his bull and infidelity. Good for her.....

Stewart

Did he marry bucky beaver?

jengo

two american kids done the best they can..

shay

20 years is a long azz time i say SUCCESS!!!!

MissAnn

Til death do you part not until it's "had a good run". That's not a success. That's a waste of 20 years of life.

E

I don't know how banging that for any time let alone for 20 yrs can be considered a failure. That's a touchdown in my book.

Michael

Mellencamp is another celebrity ego that will be dead in five years because he could never conquer his demons and failed to embrace his strengths. Even when he had something good, he could never join in and chose to smoke, drink and abuse those who loved him. Pity.

TrixLaRue

Yea...I think I have heard he is a chronic cheater. He's admitted it, she's forgiven...must just be too much.

Sad sad

He looks like a total alcoholic.

Becca

Sad. I have seen Elaine in interviews over the years, and she always presented herself as a gracious, well-spoken woman.

She will find a better man quickly.

Manimal

Yeah...but ain't that America! Right Johnny??

Fredo

DLOL!!!

Short guys......

Fredrick j frenger jr.

I used to hate his song ‘hurt so good,’ but now that I’m getting older, so much older I love it! Conjures up fantastical fantasies about getting freaky with a hot chick who enjoys mixed-wrestling and has a propensity for face sitting. No, not one of those insipid Barbie dolls who does it simply because she thinks YOU enjoy it, but a hot, mean-spirited chick who does it because the ‘primal reptile’ lurking in her DNA wants to exert its dominance over you in the most humiliating way possible, proving with absolute certainty that in this evolutionary battlefield we call life; a brainy man is still no match against a beautiful woman’s derrière.

Disregard: Um St. Jude you are a douche and I am publishing it anywhere I can cause it has been 19 years to the day and you never answered my prayer to become the greatest actor ever. I had a feeling you were a douche, but I never wanted to come out and tell you in case you actually came through, but yup. . . douche.

Den

I feel sorry for you people. 20 years living as a couple is an incredible run. And frankly, no one else's business.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments