Michael Lohan -- This One's for You, Lindsay!

12/31/2010 5:27 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sometimes a heartfelt phone call or letter just won't do -- sometimes you need to hire an R&B singer to write a dance song for your estranged daughter while she's in rehab. That's how things work in the Lohan family.

1120_michael_lohan_lindsay_lohan_EX
Michael Lohan tells TMZ he has commissioned Delious Kennedy, one of the members of the Grammy winning group All-4-One, to write and perform a track dedicated to Lindsay.

Michael says the song -- a companion piece of sorts to Lindsay's 2005 track "Confessions of a Broken Heart (Daughter to Father)" -- is about a "talented and beautiful young lady who has grown in our hearts, she is badgered by paparazzi, cut down by the media ... She will wilt, but when she falls, I will always be there to pick her up and put her pedals back on."

Kennedy tells TMZ the song -- entitled "My Rose" -- is a club track with a dance vibe like Usher or Lady Gaga. Kennedy says he recorded the song last week, played it for MiLo last night and he "loved it."

Kennedy gave us a sneak peak at the chorus, which goes something like this: "The girl is like a rose garden. She falls back, springs forth and grows stronger with thorns."

Make some room on the mantle boys ... we sense a Grammy in your future.

cloe

Put her "pedals" back on. Oh that Michael Lohan. What a card.

Tess

LA drivers better be extra careful tonight. Lindsay's out and it's New Year's Eve.

Cartman

Barf.

Needy much, Michael?

Nan

She looks awful... omg terrible.

Phil

What is you wrote a song... and no one cared?

jr70895

Not quiet sure how rehab is done in California but in my part of the world unless you are an out-patient you do not have the freedom to come and go as you please like she does.

my2centz

I know we all knew Michael would pop up some time or another. I'm surprised it took him this long to try to get some attn!

Phil

I have a song called "Betty Ford is out of their gourd."

Anonymous

bunch of trash - another balloon boy family that succeeded and refuses to go away

jill

@ my2centz

he hasn't stopped going to the media in the last 3 weeks. he's constantly been on radio or gossip sites or tv talking about lindsay. the one promise he supposedly made to lindsay was to stop talking about her and dina and he couldn't even keep that simple promise to his own daughter.

Jaded

Spare me...

callitfriendo

Are you effin kidding me. TMZ new years resolution; do not post anything about the Lohan's unless one of them die. Then you get a pass.

anni

why don't michael and dina get jobs? Then, just maybe, their daughter could grow up. A blight on America.

tv

My ongoing question is where does this guy get the dollars to commission anything? Moves to LA, drives a Benz, child support on a few levels, holiday dinners, clothes, travel, gas etc?
What's his job description?

Bippy

AREN'T THEY THE GREATEST FAMILY IN TH WHOLE WIDE WORLK?? THEY CALL THE PRESIDENT'S FAMILY THE FIRST FAMILY - WELL THEY ARE JUST WRONG!!!! DOESN'T THIS KINDA THING JUST MAKE YOU WARM AND FUZZY ALL OVER?? FUZZLES ME TO DEATH!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments