David Arquette

Checks Into Rehab

1/3/2011 10:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

David Arquette checked himself into rehab during the holiday weekend ... TMZ has learned.

David Arquette Rehab
We're told David is seeking treatment for alcohol and other issues -- but not drugs. Arquette partied at Beacher's Madhouse at the Roosevelt Hotel on New Year's Eve before checking into a live-in facility.

A source close to David says he is doing it because it's "the right thing to do for his family."

UPDATE: Through her rep, Courteney Cox tells TMZ, "I really admire David and his choice to take charge and better his life. I love and support him."

See also

laurie

Good for him!

DANA

please no more news on this untalented brat
noone cares

fargone

Nothing here for David to be ashamed about...right? He's following a very long and distinguished list of "actors,actresses or celeberties" that have fallen out of love with the bottle or drugs(for a few months). I give him credit for doing it before he was arrested for driving drunk, spousal or papparazzi abuse. Its his New Year's resolution. Fashionable and the in thing to do this time of year. He also gets bonus points with Courtney.

DANA

each time I see this idiot I trow up in my mouth

get real

Best of luck. Good Choice.

Joann

Alcohol and "other issues" but not drugs. Maybe Courtney told him if he straighten up and stop drinking and take care of his "other issues" she would take him back.

David said he was doing it because "it's the right thing to do for his family" but he made sure to get his party on for New Years Eve before he went in. LOL...if it was for his family he wouldn't have cared about partying at a New Years Eve bash before going in.

He'll be in for what...30 days...then he will say he's cured and is ready to make a bunch of changes that will never happened. LMAO. These celebs crack me up with their never ending BS.

StevenB

I didn't know they ahd jackass rehab.

DANA

he is a talentless looser not able to get single role in a low budget movie

sunshinerad

stupid drunken bitch.

Big Daddy

Good for him. I saw him in Hollywood a month ago at 10 a.m. at a 7-11... so f*cked up that he couldn't talk. I hope that he gets the help that he needs.

WhoCares

I'm not so sure a mental institution wouldn't have been more fitting. The guy is off his rocker.

shark

and that is why Courtney dumped him- this guy just can't get it together..

Lori

Seems ALL the Arquettes are a bunch of NUT BAGS...

Manimal

I give David Arquette a lot of respect. He broke up with Cox...because he has a problem and he publicly admitted it. He's going to rehab because he knows it's the right thing to do for himself AS WELL AS his family. I wish him well and with the attitude that he has I'm sure he'll be successful at it.

Angie

Courteney should just divorce him already, I liked him before they announced their split, but now he seems like a total waste of time. L O S E R