Montel Williams Busted with Drug Pipe

1/4/2011 9:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Montel Williams was cited for packing a marijuana pipe at the airport in Milwaukee today ... according to the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office.

0104_montel_williams_BN_getty
Cops say TSA busted the former talk show host with a metal pipe commonly used to smoke marijuana ... as he went through security.

The pipe -- which was in his carry-on -- set off a metal detector. We're told there was no residue.

Montel is a long time advocate of medical marijuana -- which he uses to manage pain related to multiple sclerosis.

Montel was released after paying a $484 citation for possession of drug paraphernalia. The sheriff's department tells us Montel was very mellow cooperative.

anonymous

MONTEL IS AN ATTENTION WHORE, OR HE WOULD NEVER HAVE TAKEN A BIG PIPE THROUGH A DETECTOR OR TRIED TO GET IT ON A PLANE.

MONTEL WILLIAMS IS OBVIOUSLY DRUGGED OUT OF HIS MIND TO EVEN HAVE CONSIDERED DOING THAT.

STOP GIVING HIM THIS ATTENTION. THIS IS SICK...CRAZY CRAP. HE COULD HAVE BOUGHT HIS PIPES AND STUFF WHEN HE ARRIVED. HE MUST BE STONED OUT OF HIS MIND..MONTEL GET IT TOGETHER MAN.

Raejean

There is nothing sexy nor scandalous about someone with MS who is allowed to use medical marijuana and yet is still busted (harassed) by TSA.

One of the ways in which our country and its laws are seriously screwed up.

Ginger

Ginger

The man has MS. My brother died from it. He got so much relief from marijuana but it's not legal in the stat where he lived so he had to sneak it now and then. I think anyone who has a debilitating disease and gets help from marijuana should be able to have it. I'm not a Montel fan but he should be allowed his pipe. # 48 - most people with advancing MS also take shots weekly. Could be that's why he had syringes.

WillOTheWisp

Leave Montel the Eff alone!!!

I stuffed my sister's bong with her pot when she was dying from cancer, it helped her to eat when the chemo robbed her of an appetite!!
I’d stuff Montel’s bong if he’d ask me!
Heck, I’m all for it, as long as they aren’t driving or operating machinery or caring for young kids!!
I don’t understand all these anal-retentive Americans!! Idiots!

Chit, my father battled MS back in the 60’s and 70’s, and his friends would bring him joints to get him to eat and laugh, they brought him pot even after he had to go into a long term Nursing Facility, and most of the medical staff knew he was toking up.
And when he died, one of my brothers put a joint in his suit pocket… just because!

So, I said ‘Let them get high and laugh and eat before they die!’.

If I get sick in my old age and I no longer have to worry about employers popping a drug test, Im’ma see if I can find some ‘medical marijuana’. Fo Sho!!

The very same people blasting the sick people for using pot are getting high themselves on ‘prescription’ drugs!

Again, leave Montel alone!!!

WillOTheWisp

Leave Montel the Eff alone!!!

I’d stuff Montel’s bong if he’d ask me!
I don’t understand all these anal-retentive Americans!! Idiots!

So, I said ‘Let them get high and laugh and eat before they die!’.

Again, leave Montel alone!!!

J.Michels

How can someone be arrested for carrying a utensil which is obviously used to ingest medicine? Because our government says its okay to spend hundreds of dollars a month on prescription drugs which are proven to kill people, yet it is illegal to grow a plant which has been revered for its medical utility and relative safety by the overwhelming majority of cultures throughout history.
Our failed prohibition laws are a prime example of corruption undermining the prosperity of an otherwise great nation, but sadly they are not the only ones. E85, "clean coal" and artificial carbon sequestration are just a few other examples of how misinformation and the manipulation of governmental powers are destroying our nation from within... Accountability is the only way forward, meaning TMZ deserves a lot of credit for covering the story at all. And Montel can do us all a great service by standing up for his right to use a scientifically-proven safe and effective medicine for treatment of chronic pain associated with his widely-known multiple sclerosis. If a jury wouldn't convinct woody harrelson for growing hemp, who is seriously going to convinct Montel for growing and/or using his own herbal medicine?! And, perhaps more importantly--on what grounds? Perhaps his medicine is TOO natural and organic!

WillOTheWisp

“…Because our government says its okay to spend hundreds of dollars a month on prescription drugs which are proven to kill people, yet it is illegal to grow a plant which has been revered for its medical utility and relative safety by the overwhelming majority of cultures throughout history. …”

Posted at 1:53 AM on Jan 5, 2011 by J.Michels

EXACTAMUNDO!!!!

It’s the Pharmaceutical companies and other ‘Special Interest Groups; who put these imbeciles into offices, by offering up monies for their stinking campaigns!!!

Do you know the majority of people on Xanax and Zoloft and all the other ‘anti-depressants’ would fair much better if they just smoked a joint or ate a marijuana brownie!!
However, god-forbid, because then the pharmaceutical companies would go bust!!

Mee

I wonder if he was misdiagnosed. MS is a progressive chronic illness. He has had it for decades and should have been gone by now; probably.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

not all states have a reefer law..so if your in a state that does not your screwed..

emily

THANKS TSA. I don't know what we'd do without you apprehending washed-up talk show hosts and their pipes. Because really, I'd be concerned about getting on a plane if someone was planning on smoking up at their destination!

Cricket

If he uses the drug for medicinal purposes...why was he busted?

green

I don't see nothing wrong with that grown man having that pipe!! Do you thing Boi !

kelly lachapelle

hello, my husband also has Multiple Sclerosis and from time to time smokes pot, for the uneducated pot is a really good MEDICINE for certain diseases one of them being MS. my husband does ALOT better when using pot than when given a perscription from a doctor that knocks him on his ass and cannot function. the pharmacutical companies KNOW that pot works wonders as a medicine and don`t like it because they cannot make MONEY from it, they would rather give you something that keeps you from living an active life and make MONEY off it than actually see people with diseases use whatever it takes to ensure their quality of life without profiting from it. SHAME ON THEM!

Deborah

Montel is cool, leave him the hell alone. He seems to be a caring and honest person to me. No trashing Montel!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments