Dr. Conrad Murray

Ordered to Stand Trial

1/11/2011 8:41 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Conrad Murray was just ordered to stand trial in the death of Michael Jackson.

Conrad Murray Trial

Judge Michael Pastor ruled there is sufficient evidence to warrant a manslaughter trial.

In his closing statement, Deputy District Attorney David Walgren told the judge, "It was not Michael Jackson's time to go.  Michael Jackson is not here today because of the negligence and reckless acts of Dr. Murray."

Walgren said Murray cared more about covering up evidence than helping MJ.

Judge Pastor's ruling follows a 6-day preliminary hearing in which more than 20 witnesses were called.

If convicted Murray faces a maximum of 4 years in prison.

UPDATE:  Murray's lawyer, Ed Chernoff, tells TMZ, "We are disappointed but not surprised.  We knew we would be in trial and that's where we're going to end up."

LJ

OMG, Cathy, you need to get a life. Don't you need to feed your cats or something?

SallyChi

The bottom line, is the doctor got greedy. He got sucked in Jackson who shopped doctors and pharmacies. I feel sorry for the doctor, but that's what greed does. When they promise you $150,000 a month to be a doctor -- don't believe it.

Master Po

It amazes me how stupid these mj fans are. It clearly says MAX 4 years and somehow they still think he will get more. Learn the judicial system before you make up wacky theories. Michael may have been able to buy children but he cant buy the fact that Murrary will not see a jail cell and be under house arrest for 6 months the MOST.

Cathy

Posted at 5:48 PM on Jan 11, 2011 by LJ
_________________________________________________

Nah. I don't even like cats. :)

JJ

Can someone tell me why...he only will get 4 years???? Why? He should get life!!!!

HumanNature

I WILL TAKE A SUSPEND MEDICAL LICENSE INDEFINITELY, ANY DAY!!

Siggisiss

This went beyond neglect and the charge should be homicide like the coroner’s had it in their report. Four years is nothing, Murray will be with his kids again but what about MJ he will never be with his children again. They are all at such a young age to grow up without their dad who loved them so much. Murray changed what happened so many times it isn’t funny he is obviously lying and has been since the beginning. Why did the police wait two days to talk to Murray, that gave him plenty of time to make up good stuff. If charges can go down in trails why can’t they go up if the evidence is there which in this case it obviously is. I’m also sick of hearing what Michael did through the years as far as drug abuse. How do we really know if he did or how bad it was? If you lived the life which the media served up for him it would be hard to deal with. And the media always juiced it up when it came to MJ to sell more. Justice for Michael but not enough as the charges should be homicide. I love you Michael. Your fans will always defend you and fight for your justice forever.

Posted at 5:23 PM on Jan 11, 2011 by renee irey

Beautiful post. I agree with what you say.

_____________________________________________________________

How did this thread end up being about Michael´s kids being his or not, him bleaching his skin or not blah, blah, blah, blah and more blah.
This is about DR. MURRAY being judged to stand trial for MANSLAUGHTER.
Are you guys mad that he didn´t go free? So you resort to the same old, same old about Michael Jackson, who by the way, in case you forgot, was the VICTIM of said manslaughter.

Roseilicious

So. Bound over for trial (good), but no increase in the charge, nor adding of any additional charges...

M'eh. **sigh** Well, then... at least it's gotten this far. Never know til you KNOW... and, this could have gone very differently, as in worse. At least they suspending him. Whew.

Moving on...

Haven't found anything out at my end, so far, concerning the court having set a date for the trial to begin... has anyone else?

Namaste

BarbieJean

Why would this doctor INTENTIONALLY destroy his meal ticket???? Come on people, you are smarter than that.

Posted at 5:21 PM on Jan 11, 2011 by Rich
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I don't believe for a moment that Murray killed MJ on purpose, BUT he was neglectful, that's why he is on trial for INVOLUNTARY manslaughter. Get it? He is not on trial for murder, although IMHO, he fking well SHOULD BE!

Roseilicious

** nearly forgot **

Anyone else find it a bit... unexpected.. odd (?).. that LaToya and Randy had absolutely nothing to say post closing of the prelim?

Pfftt... COULD be either of them MAY have, just the TMZ EPIC FAIL of a cameraman, didn't catch that either - like NOT catching ONE WORD of Flanagan's statements either. SHEESH.

Did LOOK to me though, that the both of them just went straight from the door to their vehicles - Randy, soon behind LaToya, although not together - and didn't even utter a "No Comment" when asked, for comment....

Struck me as REALLY odd.

Anybody?

Thanks.

Gotta run for now...

Anita

Why should he be able to walk around scott free. While MJ is laying in a coffin.

mymjj5

Haha, really?? "recycled nonsense?" what does the race of your family have to do with the fact that MJ bought sperm and paid off women to walk away from their kids?
Posted at 5:03 PM on Jan 11, 2011 by LJ
________________________________________________________________
Okay here I go again. my family is multicultural. Yet we identify with our black american heritage the most regardless of our skin tones. Michael's family is the same way. therefore I understand perfectly the dynamics of the skin tones of his children, nieces and nephews.
If the women in MJ's life went into an agreement or arrangement to have his children and move on with their lives, is not an issue for me. All this recycled sperm donor talk really has played out......and it's a lie!
Michael had perfectly healthy sperm right up until the day he died. If I read the Coroner's report correctly, I think his sperm was still active 30 days after his death as well. What else you got? What else you got?

btw: i'll be more than happy to recycle why MJ did not adopt PPB and how TPR/adoption would have prevented DR from reinstatement forever. I've got some time on my hands before I doze off from the same ole same ole complaints about MJ's choices for "his" life......................Oh LAWD!!!

mymjj5

This is about DR. MURRAY being judged to stand trial for MANSLAUGHTER.

Posted at 6:02 PM on Jan 11, 2011 by Siggisiss
_______________________________________________________________

Great Post Siggisis. Murray should be charged with murder a homicide!!!!!

mymjj5

We knew we would be in trial and that's where we're going to end up.
________________________________________________________________
Murray's attorney is a colossal nut!!! A sheer laughing stock!

LJ

Posted at 6:47 PM on Jan 11, 2011 by mymjj5
Well, I am new to TMZ, so I haven't heard your diatribes on race, but, the point is, he paid off women to have his kids. And, then, the drug addict OD'd with 3 kids without mothers. Can't dispute the facts. All your Oh Lawd's in the world won't change the facts. The guy was fatally flawed. Anyone close to him knows that. They all tried to intervene but he had such a God complex that he couldn't accept criticism or intervention even from his loved ones. Obviously, he loved his kids soo much that he spent his days drugged up. Good dad.