Steven Tyler -- The 'Idol' Audition

That Made Him Cry

1/18/2011 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Steven Tyler had an extremely emotional moment during an "American Idol" audition, when a contestant brought his disabled fiancee to watch him compete.

Chris Medina American Idol
Sources connected with the show tell TMZ, the "Idol" judges were in Milwaukee when 27-year-old Chris Medina walked into the room, accompanied by his disabled fiancee, Juliana Ramos.

We're told Chris told the judges he proposed to Juliana two years ago ... and the couple was making wedding plans when tragedy struck.  Juliana got into a horrible car accident on her way home from work in October, 2009, and was left nearly paralyzed with significant brain damage.

The video below was shot one year into Juliana's recovery.

011810_chris_median_video

Chris' singing was great, but Steven was so moved by Chris' story ... he got up out of his chair, teary-eyed, walked over to Juliana, and hugged and kissed her.

Tyler, we're told, is becoming the star of the show, with big emotions ranging from snark to Paula-style sincerity.

Chris, who will appear on next week's show, made the top 40.

As for Chris' wedding, it's been placed on hold.  The medical expenses are so great, a website was launched to help cover the costs.

0118_chris_juliana_GALLERY_LAUNCH

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Rebecca

It's great of you to put a link to her website. Anonymous people can contribute. Thanks

johnny33405

That's nice.
I would cry too if I were Steven Tyler.
"You've come a long way baby".
Now smoke a Virginia Slims cigarette and shut the f up.

Vinny BoomBoom

Anonymous my ass... Its all about the ratings and Steven aint stupid!! Atleast something good came out of it... Now back to JLO and the debating why she is the hottest and worst choice Idol ever made!!! I would almost rather see more of that annoying Deogaurdi!

Jack

Harvey, crack out that fat wallet and match the TMZ watchers/readers donations!

Straight Talkin Texan

Wow. I admire his commitment. Even though I think I'm a good person, I don't know if I would stick around if I was in his situation. And that makes me NOT feel so great about myself.

Scott

OMFG I am so gld I live in Canada and have free health care!

I have a feeling with making the top 40 and the publicity that comes with it will she will have nothing but the best of care.

May god bless her and give him the courage to continue to follow this path.

A truely inspiration story, bring on the movie!!!!!!!

My two cents ;)

Who cares about ratings except AI lol on a serious note I really admired this guy for sticking with his fiance. Idol or not his life is blessed and he will go so far! Bless you and your beautiful Juliana

Tess

If I was a plastic surgery victim like Steven Tyler, I'd cry too.

Bill Ring

Steven Tyler: Would a woman who looks that much like a walking cadaver created by a Hollywood special effects department ever get a gig on TV? Just wondering.

Ron

mAYBE NEXT TIME THEY CAN EXHUME SOMEONES GRANDMOTHER
I'm sure ratings would be great for that show

ignorant non-apple user

NOBODY CARES!

geowhiz

Tyler, Cro Magnon man.

Areader

I pray for Juliana!

V

May God bless them both, that is heartbreaking. What a man to stand by her side and not leave her....
That really hit home that we all need to thank God for our health and another day, it can happen to any of us.

jhinga dev

Chris is the next aerosmith, simply the best

---