Steven Tyler -- The 'Idol' Audition

That Made Him Cry

1/18/2011 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Steven Tyler had an extremely emotional moment during an "American Idol" audition, when a contestant brought his disabled fiancee to watch him compete.

Chris Medina American Idol
Sources connected with the show tell TMZ, the "Idol" judges were in Milwaukee when 27-year-old Chris Medina walked into the room, accompanied by his disabled fiancee, Juliana Ramos.

We're told Chris told the judges he proposed to Juliana two years ago ... and the couple was making wedding plans when tragedy struck.  Juliana got into a horrible car accident on her way home from work in October, 2009, and was left nearly paralyzed with significant brain damage.

The video below was shot one year into Juliana's recovery.

011810_chris_median_video

Chris' singing was great, but Steven was so moved by Chris' story ... he got up out of his chair, teary-eyed, walked over to Juliana, and hugged and kissed her.

Tyler, we're told, is becoming the star of the show, with big emotions ranging from snark to Paula-style sincerity.

Chris, who will appear on next week's show, made the top 40.

As for Chris' wedding, it's been placed on hold.  The medical expenses are so great, a website was launched to help cover the costs.

0118_chris_juliana_GALLERY_LAUNCH

lucy

THANK YOU for posting this!!!! I hope it will really help the family!

debi t

What a TRUE testament to this man's character....at such a young age, to stand by his fiance'...I know many 40ish adults that would have split after this travasty...kudos to this young man and his parents, for raising such a VERY worthy young man....if he doesnt make it on Idol, the good Lord will certainly bless him for being such a worthy person. The world would be such a truly better world with more people like him in it. May the good Lord bless you both...u deserve it more than most people in this country!!!!

z girl

i love Juli and Chris!! you are a beautiful couple!! you r an amazing cousin Juli! Chris you are an amazing singer God Bless you both!!!!

Rich

I hope something good can come out of this for Chris and Juliana. Wishing them all the best. I'll be watching Idol because I enjoy watching the delusional auditions.
I also agree with #6 and #18 opinion was not an informed comment. No one Canada has ever gone bankrupt over medical bills. Everyone is treated equal and the thickness of the wallet is irrelevant. The only waiting we have would be in the emergency department at the hospital in the middle of the night. Other than that, I make appointments with my gp and don't wait in any lines.

ErinAndrewsIsAFameWhore

You think he still hits it?

DeeDee

Of course he cried he is a human being.
I admire him for sticking with her and taking care of her.
He will go far with or with our AI.
Rock on Steven Tyler........

kinm

sounds like publicity

Audie

Now that's a TRUE man.....God bless him!!!

Giorgia

So proud of you Chris!!!! and to everyone writing that this is fake...it isnt! Juli and Chris are friends of mine. Good luck to you Chris! you have an amazing voice and you will go far in this competition. Love you both <3

Sad sad

Horrible tragedy. What a great guy he is. Best of luck to them.

toto

I wish him the best. To all you making negative comments, just curious how it feels to have no heart?

Aileen

Went to high school with Juli, never had the opportunity to get to know Chris, but I wish them all the best. They deserve everything in the world!

Sonia

To Ginger : You are so wrong. I live in Canada and if you are sick, you do not wait. Of course, if you show up at the ER with a cold or a sprained finger, you will wait. I was at the ER with my niece last month, in Quebec. She simply had a bad stomach flu. She was seen within 30 minutes with expert and compassionate care. They kept her for observation even if she was much better, just to make sure she would be ok. They ran every possible test. My sister died of cancer last year. She had lived in another country most of her life. She was wrongly diagnosed where she lived and the cancer spread all over her body. She returned home to Canada for the last months of her life. She received the best medical care, even free psychological help. Her doctor even made home visits and the nurses would come every two days for dressing changes, pain management and anything else she would need. During the last weeks of her life, when her condition deteriorated, she was admitted to a beautiful, peaceful palliative care facility. She was treated by doctors and nurses who are specially trained to care for dying patients. We were allowed to sleep there as well, with her, in her room. People who say our health system does not work right are wrong. Of course, there are waiting lists for non-urgent procedures, but sick people get the proper treatment. After my sister's death, I even got free counseling to help me deal with her loss. I would not call this "a joke". Sure, we pay lots of taxes, but if you knew our system any better, you would know that the taxes we pay as individuals are calculated according to our yearly income. Does income tax ring a bell ? Rich : you pay more, Poor : you do not pay much.
Of course, some people will pay all their lives and they will not use the health care system much. But contributing as a society for the well-being of your fellow citizens is what makes Canada what it is. The envy of people like you, Ginger.

I hope this young lady gets all the help she deserves. Her boyfriend is a gem. I truly admire them.

Mikey

I think its terrible that the guy would use his disabled wife as a prop to get on the show.

Mikey

How come they never let midgets on the show?