Ricky Gervais -- I Will NOT Host the 'Globes' Again

1/18/2011 3:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ricky Gervais doesn't care if he's ever asked back to host the Golden Globes"" ... because he's "not gonna do it again anyway."

011810_ricky_gervais_video_inf

A smiling Gervais was weathering the storm in New York this morning -- following his super-controversial statements at the awards show -- when Ricky told us, "I think twice is enough."

After the photog mentioned that Ricky's fellow comics seem to be standing by the performance -- Gervais replied, "Well, it's nice to be loved by your peers ... they stick by you."

TheMachine1

I love Ricky Gervais.

Mariah help!!!

You are all seriously overly sensitive and the reason you did not pick up on ANY of his jokes and humour is because you have been manipulated by the Movie and Television industry to only laugh at politically correct crap. There was absolutely nothing offensive about what either he or De Niro said. Ricky Gervais did not say anything that has not crossed our mind already. He lightened up the GG'S. You are all just stuck on American born celebrities that kiss and wipe eachother's bums on a daily basis. Another thing, there are Homosexuals in the world...movies will be made DEAL WITH IT!

I'll keep my other thoughts to myself...

tobey

One word, GREAT!!! He's the worst host ever.

StarMan2020

Who the hell is Ricky Gervais? Never heard of him...

artie help

at 13 and 15 please put a spoon in your pie holes girls, you are probably the only two people in the world who thought it was bad, bruce willis and downer jr. they got their ***muppance

cmueller

Debbie #13: I'm sure gays get tired of only seeing heterosexuals on TV, too.

NICOLE

Hey Ricky!!!

Rush to a dentist to have your teeth fixed. You look like vampire..

Hahahahaha!

PS/ Oh! you don't liked it? Oh c'mon...it was a joke!

Slacktoo

For god's sake TMZ, learn how to use em dashes (—) in place of the ugly double-hyphens (--).

Anonymous

I thought he was great. He made me laugh and that's what counts to make people laugh. A lot of what he said was the truth. That is his sense of humor. If some of them did not like it too bad.

Midwesterner

I'll keep my other thoughts to myself...

Posted at 11:23 AM on Jan 18, 2011 by Mariah help!!!

I don't find him offensive. I find him tiresome. He's one part out-of-date gossip and two parts insult. Virtually any adolescent could do his act.

Great comedians are and always have been keen observers of the human condition. Their wit is based in keen observation, informed analysis, and creative delivery. The young Bill Cosby, Richard Pryor, Lily Tomlin, Robin Williams, Gilda Radner were great comedians. Listen to some of their recordings to hear real talent.

Skyela

It's the ol' you can't fire me, I quit routine. Good riddance! I agree with Tim Allen who said RG used to be chubby and kinder..neither of which he is, now. I love RG, but he has seemed to lose SOMETHING in his quest to find comedy in as many messy lives as he can. Which makes me realize, he isn't very creative anymore. Nor funny.

James

Okay. For all of the people complaining that he isn't funny and that his humor is offensive, blah blah blah. First of all, there is this handy little option on your remote called the MUTE button. It can help silence what you don't want to hear. You AND the HFPA asked him to host after last year's, so they must have liked his sense of humor. It is clear as to what he will probably say, especially if there is a scandal of some sort. And, as for his sense of humor... the truth hurts. What's great about these awards is that you can look up who will host and the nominees and decide whether or not you want to watch it based on that alone. If you are offended by either of those, I would suggest that you skip it and look up the winners after it is over. And, as was said in this article, his fellow comics support the performance. The other actors made a joke out of him too. Everyone got a jab at everyone. Those who were offended don't know how to laugh at their own situation. I will end my random rant now.

soulofanangel

Spoiled pompous celebrity millionaires have no trouble taking huge piles of cash for unimportant to the universe "work".

Celebrities, put your Big Boy/Big Girl Pants on and take what Ricky Gervais dishes out. Small price to pay, don't you think?

You could also lead the moral decent life and have nothing to worry about.

James

Oh, and if I made mistakes in my typing then I apologize, I was just typing as things came to mind. Hopefully you can make out what I tried to say.

John

Who the hell is this guy anyway?

I don't watch hollyweird fame whore awards anymore.