MJ's 'Moonwalker' -- U.S. Movie Debut Imminent

1/20/2011 8:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"Moonwalker" -- a collection of short films made by MJ in 1988 -- was never released theatrically in the United States ... but one L.A. movie theater is finally trying to make it happen ... for one night only.

0119_moonwalker_EX

TMZ has learned ArcLight Cinemas in Hollywood is on the hunt for a film print of the 1988 cult classic ... after MJ fans flooded the A.C. Facebook page with the challenging request.

According to reports, "Moonwalker" was never theatrically released in America because of failed negotiations with U.S. movie distributors back in the day ... however the flick was eventually released in The States on VHS.

FYI -- "Moonwalker" featured a super-iconic 25-minute featurette for "Smooth Criminal" ... which included an awesome cameo by Joe Pesci.

ArcLight claims they're actively searching for the print -- we'll let you know if the search succeeds.

tis_ruthy

Just wanted to point out...NOTHING AT ALL.

Is Michael's comeback imminent too? Also can we please have more sexy MJ stories, thankyou.

tis_ruthy

He's dead, but the dollar sign is going strong!

NelsonH

Echoing post #2, yeah, TMZ should check their facts as Joe Pesci is a main character. Also, the movie does have a narrative even though it is a "collection of short films".

tis_ruthy

Posted at 5:23 AM on Jan 20, 2011 by tis_ruthy

How are you tis? Where's Five? Missing you both!
Are you now a non beLIEver?
Where did you see MJ's body? Can't wait, wanna go there too.
TY.
SUNFLOWERS AND LOVE FROM MICHAEL!

Posted at 5:31 AM on Jan 20, 2011 by Hannah H.

Hey Hannnah, I am ok thankyou. I havn't spoken to anyone from mjhd as i was banned for mischief making, what's new lol. I hope you are well....re belief....logic says he's dead, heart says he's alive. In a nice rosy, dreamy world MJ is hiding out in some sleepy village, one like where I live hopefully lol. Maybe I should visit the mausoleum and lock conrad murray in there for several hours, see how he likes it!

There is only one thing I know for certain and this is aimed at Mark, people can be acused twice, it happened to my ex and he was innocent...unfortunately he wasnt a multi millionaire...strange how so called caring parents ask for money isnt it.....people like Mark never question chandler or arvizo's morals do they.....want to know who Michael Jackson is...take a look at his three children now...and there is your answer, they are a credit to him and NO ONE including Oprah and co can say a god damned negative thing about them....truth shall prevail! Ooooh I'm so cliche today!

L.O.V.E Hannah x

Ally

I looooved this movie when I was a kid...I would watch it alllll day long lol

Ash

Brother and I LOVED THIS MOVIE AS KIDS!

Moonbeam

I remember the arcade video game that went along with this. It was pretty lame, though; you just walked around as Michael throwing your hat and spinning around.

Barb.A.

Posted at 4:48 AM on Jan 20, 2011 by Mark
===========

Sorry Mark but the movie producer called and said that little Mark JR was to tiny so they couldn't use you in the movie. Better luck next time.

Deb

Moonwalker is brilliant. As for the hateful comments, the same people say the same thing over and over and over. It is old, it is tired and it is all wrong. No matter what is reported, they say the same thing. Your community should be moderated.

Posted at 3:49 AM on Jan 20, 2011 by Smarti

Have a look at what the fans are saying, too, while you are at it. Same thing day after day; quite boring. And it, too, is tired and wrong. They never have anything new to say, yet drive up Harvey's hits with their monotony and THEIR hatred of anyone who dares to think for themself.

sofi

I also have it on DVD and it's great.

mrs.chanels

WOW! I WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT, ALL MJ'S FAN WOULD! PLEASE, PLEASE SHOW IT EVERYWHERE!
R.I.P. MJ YOU WILL ALWAYS BE IN OUR HEART'S...LOL

ambin

Poster is a rip-off from; "Star Trek- The Motion Picture"

mymjj5

I hope this event is a bust and no one goes to see it out of protest because of the way Murray is paraded around. Also because of the hateful lying motor mouth of that shemale dykanne dimond.

mymjj5

_______________________________________________________________
Ahhhh, a change of tempo. TMZ internals and haters cannot handle the fans questioning the outcome of so many unanswered questions. Sorry, Murray no defense for you at the theater either. Murray is a liar and a killer.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments