Flavor Flav

The Ad That

Sets America Back 60 Yrs

1/25/2011 1:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Flavor Flav loves his fried chicken so much -- he put his own GIANT face right on the menu at his new joint in Iowa.

0124_flavor_flav_chicken_TMZ_exp_2
TMZ has obtained photos of Flav at his new "Flav's Fried Chicken" restaurant in Clinton, Iowa yesterday -- where he debuted his eye-popping yellow and orange menus ... and his self-indulgent sign out front.

So we gotta ask ...

dd

#30 LAMELAMELAME/ So Harv it's ok for u to put u'r face all over TMZ commercials but it's a setback for FLAV!!! Go figure..

Gloria Unread

Potatoes IS the correct spelling for the plural of potato, according to Webster's Dictionary (anybody use them anymore?) What sets back America is his prices.... they seem a bit high to me. I don't live in the sticks or New York City but 99 cents for 1 wing sounds a bit steep!!

Posted at 9:43 AM on Jan 25, 2011 by Markieb
---------------------------------------
Here the signs use an 'E' in the singular form of potato: "Potatoe Salad" and "Baked Potatoe". (See picture #3, side dishes.)

But, you are right about the wing prices. That's insane! But I guess people are buying chicken from Flav's for the novelty of it, not for the quality of the food or prices.

Holly

Harvey seems to have issues with people of color.
Does this make him feel better about anti-semitics & homophobics?

samson

How does this set America back 60 years? Are you saying that a Black man can't sell or promote fried chicken because of your acceptance of the associated stereotype? Perhaps TMZ should stick to issues its writers know something about, rather than concerning itself with whether or not Black people are selling out.

samson

dd

Know one knows the size of the wing..I'm sure it's not the size of a buffalo wing.

Crackhead

Hey Flav, Dan Quayle would like to have a word with you about your menu.

TmZ845

that is some expensive food all the way around compared to our KFC.dont he know welfare doesnt pay that good?

TmZ845

can i get a side of crack with that? oh and a 40 oz

Posted at 10:01 AM on Jan 25, 2011 by whatever
________________________________________________________

NICE! hahahha

balanced

As Dave Chappelle said in one of his standup routines...I thought I liked chicken because it was delicious...come to find out, I'm genetically predisposed to liking chicken. I have no choice in the matter!! LOL!!

whatever

Do they take food stamps? If so I would like to super size that!

Tommy

With all this attention now set to race what do you think about the white business partner? Do you think for a minute the stereotype wasn't presented to Flav and his partner? It isn't that a black man is promoting chicken but rather how they present the black man. There are other black men promoting chicken but they don't market there products in this unacceptable manner.

William Drayton Jr. has intentionally promoted the stereotype over his entire career. He is an embarrassment to his race and to our country. Why else would he pick a small town in Iowa to open his first chicken joint. An intelligent man with his so called success would naturally open a business to the masses, maybe 3 hours to the East in downtown Chicago.

Dana

I think this is great. Who cares if he put his face on his menu? The man likes chicken, so he opened a chicken joint. And not only that, but he has good wholesome homestyle cooked sides. Reminds me of Rosco's Chicken & Waffles in Hollywood where I use to go on a regular...now I live in Iowa and I'm looking forward to visiting Flav's new place. Shame on all of you that made the racial comments, "watermelon" that's exactly why this is still an issue. If it weren't for people like you, this would just be a fun new restaurant but now it's bringing negativity to his accomplishment. stupid.

karlew

If this place lasts a year I'll be surprised. Way to many fried chicken places as it is and I just don't think his name is enough to fill the front room. Besides it's right next door to KFC, first BIG mistake, how many more will there be.

kim

FFC reminds me of the movie Coming to America" The slight name change "Mcdowells" for Mcdonald's "FFC" KFC!