« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Super Bowl VIPs -- The Most Expensive Menu in Texas

1/26/2011 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The Super Bowl ain't just about the game -- it's about the food -- and TMZ has learned the BALLERS who shelled out thousands for a luxury box in Arlington will be gorging on some GOURMET Texas grub!!!

0125_dallas_cowboy

According to Legends Hospitality Management -- the people in charge of feeding the fat cats at Cowboys Stadium when the Green Bay Packers battle the Pittsburgh Steelers -- the suites will be stocked with everything from  a truffled Mac 'n Cheese bar to Moon Pies!

We're told the theme for the menu is "comfort food" -- and the meals will be served in 3 AWESOME shifts ... including:

Pre-Game

-- Hearts of Palm w/ Black Pepper Croutons
-- Texas Slow Smoked Brisket
-- Dublin BBQ Sauce and Miniature Kaiser Rolls
-- Truffled Mac and Cheese Bar
-- Chopped tomatoes, Apple Smoked Bacon, Bourbon Ham
-- Pastry Desserts
-- Mini Moon Pies, Texas Blueberry Pies, Apple Empanadas, and Blueberry Caramels

Half Time

-- Warm Texas Peach Cobbler w/ Mascarpone Whipped Cream

And of course -- the suite occupiers will also have full access to unlimited beer, wine, and soda.

WE WANNA KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GRUBBING ON AT YOUR SUPER BOWL PARTY -- POST YOUR RECIPES IN THE COMMENTS SECTION!!!!!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Cella

Hey Snoogs-
I guess our little hole in the wall town must not be known for the Texas Rangers, the original Six Flags, national Bowling museum, General Motors, and one of the most prominent boosts in jobs along with one of the best cost of living according to many news outlets.

Posted at 8:18 AM on Jan 26, 2011 by justcause
============================
You guessed correctly - lol

lizzimmer

I have to move to Texas in about 6 months because of my husband's job. I'm debating how much I REALLY love him, lol

Chickflix

Yum. I'm more interested in what they paid for the suite.

soulofanangel

Where's the stool softener?

Jojn

How many toilets does that suite have?

susan britwar

Brats...Brats...and more brats rinsed down with Miller beer ... now that"s a Green Bay Super Bowl meal

girlietexan

I could eat the whole bowl!

Susie's avocado green sauce 'n' chips.....

# 3 medium avocados
# 3 medium green tomatoes
# 4 fresh tomatillos
# 3 garlic cloves
# 3 sprigs fresh cilantro
# 2 -3 jalapenos
# 1 1/2 cups sour cream
# 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste

1. Peel avocados and place them in a blender.
2. In a medium saucepan, boil tomates, tomatillos, garlic, and jalapenos for 15 minutes.
3. Remove from saucepan and place all ingredients in a blender with avocados.
4. Add sour cream and blend until smooth.

femonanon

I'll stick with my menu. Best local Pizza, all kinds of Doritoes, french onion dip, pretzel chips, mexican 7-layer dip, my 5-alarm chili, Old World french onion soup, pigs in a blanket, bruschetta, loaded nachoes, fried chicken, chesy spinach dip, mini veggie tray, tomato/avacado/onion salsa dip, chicken wings, salsa verde enchiladas, home-made mac & cheese, artichoke hearts with crab, asparagus and avacado wraps, smoky chipotle hummus, stuffed sweet piquante peppers, baked radicchio and herb goat cheese, olive stuffed goat cheese bites, Bella Melone, cashew and fig roll-ups, pineapple/apple salad

femonanon

I just hope the rapist loses.

Tressea

Really folks, is Arlington so needy for recognition? How many years has it been called DFW? I live 25 miles north of Dallas and still answer Dallas when someone asks where I am from. Get over it!

Cella

@#39 I concur

pam

Actually, it was TMZ that called the food "gourmet." The stadium caterers called it "comfort food." The whole idea is that it's the same kind of food most everyone likes to eat when they watch football. Jazzed up a little, but based on common favorites. I find it amusing that the high rollers are having chips and dip just like me.

Opinionated

As someone that lives in Austin, I get why the Arlington peeps are in a tizzy about the Dallas mix-up. Blame the crappy Dallas Cow****s for the lack of love.

daniel silva

omg i cant believe tmz posted da menu from my job... im one of the chefs there and the reason its gourmet is because we make everything from scratch and i mean EVERYTHING we cut our fruit by hand, bake our own breads, make our own sauces, and make our desserts by hand including the moon pies, pretty much everythin on the menu is done from scratch and plus we're not just cooking for the suites we're cooking for the events outside the stadium and thats why its so expensive.

ProudTexan

Hey Cella...

SCREW YOU!! Texans dont have class? Let me guess, class to you means a bunch of rich people needing someone to wipe their asses for them? Haven't you ever heard of Southern Hopitality?
Look it up!!! Sorry if people mistake being nice and courteous for not having class? And there's no history is Texas...you're kidding right? Educate yourself, Please!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments