Mel Gibson -- Someone Stole My Beaver!

1/28/2011 4:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson's mailbox was broken into Wednesday ... and cops are now on the hunt for a beaver.

Mel Gibson Beaver Stolen

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Summit Entertainment -- which is distributing Mel's upcoming movie, "The Beaver" -- gave Mel the final cut of the movie on DVD.  Mel screened it at his home, and at 10:45 AM put the DVD in his mailbox so a courier could pick it up and return it to Summit.

We're told the courier showed up at 2:30 PM Wednesday, and the DVD was missing.

The L.A. County Sheriff's Department is now on the case.  But here's the sad part -- It's being investigated as a petty theft.

But don't worry Mel -- it's petty theft because of the value of the DVD.  We're sure the movie is awesome.

Stacy

Stacy, thank you for the VF editor link – hope it will be useful to many ;-)
I also am a long time VF reader. Actually since even before they had an English edition and in London one could only get a US copy, only in ONE place:) - in a tiny newsagents com tabac outlet on the ground floor of the Carlton Hotel/Casino!
I am going to write to VF regardless of what I might read in the full article once the issue hits the UK n-stands.
I can’t believe that such an old magazine would put it in print hearsay, a story that even to the most imbecile mind doesn’t ring true and, quite frankly, is pathetic. Can you imagine ANY policeman to be stupid enough to want to kill a VERY well known celebrity for being drunk or mouthy – an utterly ridiculous idea!!!!!!!! Not to mention, a year + into the saga it wasn't mention by anyone .. until now

VF Editor was obviously aware that the snippet was going to make headlines around the world – how cheap and hypocritical of them to go ahead while having a claim to be a serious, deep searching mag that has STANDARDS! Makes me mad )) STFU!

Posted at 12:01 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by champix_o
-------------------------------------------------------------
Your description of the story was funny.lol Yeah, can you imagine a police officer going back to the station after shooting a famous movie star and when they ask him why he did it..."he asked me if I was Jewish and then he said Jewish people start wars."
Why would anyone even suggest something so crazy ?

Vanity Fair usually is very timely with their articles about current events so I'm wondering if they expect some big news soon about the case. I can't wait to read the article !

Majestik

LAW has been telling Downey to step away from Mel, leave that friendship behind, put distance between the. Of course, Downey b eing a stand up guy and honest is not going fo rit. LAW doesn't know Mel well I would guess, hasn't worked with him for sure, and appears to have itty bitty ones and is doing Ari's bidding, like Zach did, like Ryder did, like B. Walters and Joy Behar. Coincidence? HA! All bad press leads back to ARI!

Posted at 1:14 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by Sam

Wow, so B-list actor, Jude Law is telling A-List actor Robert to back away? Wonder if Sienna Miller ever told Jude that after his indescrepencies in EVERY relationship. Jude Law is one of the MOST disgusting individuals I've ever had the misfortune of reading about. Another bit player in Hollyweird who thinks he's word means anything. He's the one man in the world I would love to have in front of me and deck so hard he wouldn't wake up until next Thursday, I'd then make sure I was there and deck him back to today, hehe.

Tellthetruth59

From Vanity Fair article -

Mel is a fan of making fart noises with his armpit. So you KNOW he wants to be on Team Fart Joke with me, mama9 and all the dogs!

champix_o

@ Sam
Coincidence? HA! All bad press leads back to ARI!

Posted at 1:14 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by Sam
-----------------------------------------------
Sam, did you mention in your previous post(s) or mayby it was a link that you have posted that Ari has connections to/part owns VF?
If so, can you re-post, please (if it's handy:))

Majestik

I was thinking about KH. As an author and being mixed up in this Mel/Oksy business, shouldn't he have an agent, a publicist, and an attorney? He seems to be winging it on his own. Maybe Dr. Davis is representing him in things. As I recall, Davis and KH both received some flack when posting here. Maybe they felt unwelcome and decided to go to ROL. Just an idea. This whole thing has become so bizzaro. I read a few comments on Halle thread and I saw a lot of positive comments re Mel from names I have not seen before on our threads. I'm hoping there are alot of people out there who don't go on line who support him. Can't wait for the Beaver to come out.

Posted at 1:17 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by just curious

Feel better and heal up real soon.

As for Dr. Nobrains and Mr. Clean feeling unwelcomed well they better get themselves a thicker skin. That's one body guard I wouldn't hire if he lets a board full of faceless monikers hurt his feelings. They think they got stepped on the tootsie's while here just wait till that book hits the shelves, Mel fans may just go crazy if he even tries to paint Mel in any kind of light as if HE KNEW HIM!!.. Seems someone has delusions of Grandeur.

fuddyduddy

Just Curious -- I hope you are feeling 100% very soon. I'm looking forward to the Beaver movie also. But first, I am anxious to know how the deposition goes tomorrow and then the hearing this month. I would love to see a picture of Mel and KH coming out of the office building tomorrow smoking stoggies together and just grinning for the cameras! Good thought!

fuddyduddy

Tell -- that's funny about Mel's armpit farts!!! I bet his boys got the biggest kick out of him growing up!!

Tellthetruth59

@Fud - when I first started reading the article it sounded like a real hit piece. As you get into it it's gets better. Lots of interviews with people that have worked with Mel that have nothing but kind things to say about him and what kind of person he is to work with.

It galls me that the article does not have a pic of Robyn but they have one of the "sloe -eye Russian with the lips frozen into a perpetual pout." One of Mel's friends thought she seemed ignorant and unattractive when he met her. Ha ha ha!

anonym

Posted at 1:26 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by fuddyduddy

Lets just keeping a positive thoughts and pray; hopefully, the truth will come out.

fuddyduddy

Posted at 1:34 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by Tellthetruth59
________________________________________________________________

Thanks for sharing, Tell. It sounds like Mel needs to listen to his friends more often. LOL!

Well, I'm glad it's a decent article then. It sure sounded like it was another Mel-bashing article from what some of the media was reporting. Do you think that perhaps there was no picture of Robyn because she didn't want her picture in the article? I think Robyn is very private; maybe?

champix_o

.. when I first started reading the article it sounded like a real hit piece. As you get into it it's gets better. Lots of interviews with people that have worked with Mel that have nothing but kind things to say about him and what kind of person he is to work with.

Posted at 1:34 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by Tellthetruth59
---------------------------------------------------------
TTT, thanks - I am beginnig to feel a bit better :-)

Midwesterner

The National Enquirer reports, “Tensions are running hugh between former friends Jude Law and Robert Downey Jr. during the filming of ‘Sherlock Holmes 2′ – and it’s all Mel Gibson’s fault!”

Huh?

According to the tab, Downey is still friends with Gibson, who was recorded “threatening and screaming vicious insults” at Oksana Grigorieva, “and that’s not sitting well with Jude.”

The Enquirer quotes a so-called “source” as saying Law “thinks what Mel did to Oksana was appalling, and he doesn’t think Hollywood should be supporting someone who’s behaved that way.”

Downey and Law had “a genuine friendship,” writes the supermarket tab, but now “they barely speak between scenes.”

Really?

Gossip Cop looked into this, and not one person we know involved in the production could back up these claims.

Additionally, a rep for Downey tells us the report is “BS with a capital B and a capital S.”

Couldn’t have said it better.

_______________________

I think these Jude Law stories are all copies of the older National Enquirer story.

champix_o

ha and I remember KH saying to me "ROL lies" so now what are we to think?

Posted at 12:52 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by azlee
--------------------------------------------------
Azlee, I think Chris H knows what he is talkin about :))
As for the 'BOOK' I am sure ROL is just speculating and pushing theOx take in it by insinuation (my take: book not in Discovery, book not finished, or even started) - ROL emphasises EXAGGERATES the 'book' issue as to say that the value of KH info is nil because he is a fellon, he is 'greedy' etc etc
Ox & Co are getting themselves ready for the onslought :-)

Lets wait until tomorrow, can't wait for Harvey's 'leak' re KH deposition SOON ))

azlee

wonder if ox will be cool as a cu***ber or squirming like a squid tomorrow as tale by tale starts coming out. I'd sure like to be there.

azlee

c.u.c.u.m.b.e.r

Previous 15 Comments | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments