Sheen's Uncle Looks to Capitalize on Charlie's Rehab

1/29/2011 10:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: Joe Estevez tells TMZ the guy claiming to be his manager is just an acquaintance and does not rep him at all. He calls the whole thing a "total and complete fabrication."

Charlie Sheen's uncle, Joe Estevez, is looking to cash in on the problems of his nephew ... by lobbying for Charlie's role on "Two and a Half Men" while Charlie is in rehab.

Charlie Sheen's Uncle Rehab
TMZ has obtained a letter sent from Joe's manager to Chuck Lorre, the creator and EP of "Men." The letter describes Joe as "by far the funniest of the Sheen & Estevez clan."

Joe's manager throws out the idea, "Chuck, just a wild thought ... How about a test episode of 'Two and a Half Men' where Joe comes to house sit while Charlie is on 'vacation?'" Good to know Charlie's family has his best interest at heart.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

Don McKinney

Can't ya feel the love?? Hi SS check must have got the Obama slash. Wow, what a back stabbn.

gayle

Charlie needs a REST. His disease has a complete hold on him and he should NOT be working. He looks absolutely terrible with the weight loss, and his demeanor on the show has changed for the worse. I tried to watch it a week or so ago, and noticed the downhill slide that has taken it's toll on him. It's like watching a crack addict in motion. If Charlie doesn't adopt a meeting habit he will die. Period.
For Charlie, the show must NOT go on right now. Get back to AA, Charlie......it's the only house left on the block for you. Rehab will not help anymore.....unless you are in-patient for 6 months to a year. Some alkies need to be medically separated from the substance.....and Charlie may be at that point. I hope he doesn't end up living next to Ted Williams in a tent somewhere off the freeway....and I say that with all due respect for Ted, who has more talent in his pinky that most working broadcasters today. Alcoholism doesn't care who you are, or how much money you have, or who you are related to, or how much talent you are blessed with.....it only wants you dead. Like ANY OTHER DISEASE. Joe Estevez has nothing to do with this problem, or it's solution, so give it a rest. His manager can try to get him work anywhere he wants to.....it's a FREE COUNTRY.
Cut Charlie out of the show to save his life. Or continue to aid in his destruction. The producers have a choice. And they should all attend Alanon. Martin Sheen is watching his son die, and it's not embarrassing......it's heartbreaking.

Bob

Any one consider the fact that Charlie has passed? Martin Sheen has something going on. No visual sightings of Charlie as of yet. Why go to re-hab. The man likes to party and he always will. He has no reason to go to rehab. Coroners office goes into lockdown the morning after his admission into the hospital? I suspect bad news will be forth coming. Hope not. Charlie is my man as is Jack Nicklson!

gayle

bob, if charlie is your man then i'm afraid you are sicker than he is.

Tami

I think the idea commented by Uma is brilliant!! I think the show should go on and the rest of the cast should not be put out by Charlie Sheens continual drug and sex for hire addiction problems. The writers are talented enough to work around him. We fans do not watch the show "just" for Charlie. The rest of the cast is just as talented. Continue taping!!!!

debschira

HEY #1 ARE YOU THE ROOM MONITOR FOR THE "SPECIAL NEEDS" CLASS?? OR ARE YOU A MEMBER YOURSELF? WHY SO CRITICAL OF HARVEY, YOU SHOULD STEP BACK AND LOOK AT YOUR SLATE AND WIPE IT CLEAN IF YOU CAN, IF NOT, STFU. LEAVE HARVEY ALONE, HE'S DOING HIS JOB AND MAYBE YOU DON'T HAVE ONE (JOB) BUT YOU CATCH MORE FLYS WITH HONEY THAN VINEGAR. WHAT GIVES #1?????

debschira

WHAT IS IT WITH YOU (BRETT) AND HARVEY? WHAT HAS HE EVER DONE TO YOU? AND BESIDES YOUR SUPPOSE TO BE TALKING ABOUT CHARLIE!! LETS PRAY THAT HE WILL BE OKAY, AND STOP DREDGING UP THE PAST FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. HE'S HAD A LOT OF TRAUMA GROWING UP. LETS TRY TO STAY POSITIVE. PLEASE, PLEASE AND PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

m.y.

Uncle Joe doesn't need to house sit. Jon Cryer is already there and doesn't need anyone to help him keep up the house. After all, why would you need to do that while one room mate goes on "vacation"...not normal. Fans will still watch even if he isn't there. While I like Charlie I watch becaused of Jon. Network made right choice.

WahWah

I dunno. Joe looks more like Dennis Hopper to me.

shumaila

I have attended SEO Training as my internship in 3D Educators. They are providing good stuff and training related to SEO. for further info click below

thanks

Dave

Better still feature Martin Sheen and Alan Alda in a futuristic episode..... (hey a there's an alternative series....!)

me not you

Damn, poor Martin Sheen. Guy's a class-act and a good humanitarian, how did he raise such a horrible son?

Travesty

Just ran across this. I know it is long out of the news...I have known Joe a long time and this whole thing was blown out of proportion by someone acting as a Manager to Joe and his letter was sent without Joe's knowledge..I think it is funny how people slam Joe. He cannot help he shares blood with people that happen to be in the same biz. Nepotism has never been a factor with Joe. Charlie and Emilio yes, but not Joe. I am priveledged to know the man not the person that has been painted by slanderous media.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9