'Dodgeball' Star Busted for DUI

1/31/2011 4:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Alan Tudyk -- best known for his role as Steve the pirate in the comedy "Dodgeball" -- was arrested on Sunday for suspicion of DUI.

Alan Tudyk Arrested
Tudyk was pulled over around 1:00 AM after California Highway Patrol officers saw him speeding in his Land Cruiser. Tudyk declined to take a breathalyzer test, but was arrested after he performed poorly on a field sobriety test. Blood test results are still pending.

He was arrested and released without incident and is due back in court March 1.

(*Nerd version -- Alan Tudyk is best known as Wash from "Firefly")

1103_celebrity_DUI_footer

Javadude54

He was like an alcohol soaked leaf in the wind.

Talia

Firefly!!! Best show ever! Thanks for the nerd version. People should look that show up on Netflix!

Nichole

hahaha Javadude54 ... epic.

DarrenBeckley

Was awesome in knight's tale!!

Brad

What a douchebag. He's lucky he didn't kill a family with children.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Argh! Another criminal filthing up me highway & be makin it dangerous for us landlubbers! Of with his head!

Bree

Saw Dodgeball...but don't remember him in it. Definitely known as Wash in Firefly, and that is not nerdy...though there is nothing wrong with the nerd. Second thing he is known for: he didn't just do the voice in IRobot...it was actually him in like a green suit with all those balls on it...watch the special features. Guy didn't get enough credit for that! :)

Ali

Poor Alan. It's sad when this happens but he is so lucky that it's not worse (him injuring or killing someone.) Hopefully he'll learn from this mistake and be careful while at the same time being thankful for the "wake up call" and moving on. I wish him the best and hope this is all we'll ever hear of it.

note4

Publicity!

Rachel Rothechild

He should have ate some tripe.

angelwolf333

to me hhe is fireflys captain.

John

I thought Alan was great in Death at a funeral, but i too know him best as Wash :D

Bucket

His role in A Knight's Tale with the HOTTIE Health was definitely his "Best Known As" <3

deathonacracker

he is also in the new Transformers Dark of the moon on July 1st 2011.

and don't forget the original Death at a funeral...he stole the show.

brilliant actor!

Scarabbean Pirate

Alan for President!

"There's a report out tonight that 24-years ago I was apprehended in Kennebunkport, Maine, for a DUI. That's an accurate story. I'm not proud of that. I oftentimes said that years ago I made some mistakes. I occasionally drank too much and I did on that night. I was pulled over. I admitted to the policeman that I had been drinking. I paid a fine. And I regret that it happened. But it did. I've learned my lesson."
—President George W. Bush, CNN Larry King Live, November 2, 2000

Rules for Drivers during traffic stops:

1. Never confess to drinking even 1 sip of alcohol (that's called a CONFESSION = sucker alert)
2. never admit to eating dinner at a restaurant that serves alcohol
3. never speak to cops since "odor of alcohol" does not exist
4. never volunteer for Field Sobriety Tests that have no passing score and there is no punishment for refusal (sucker alert)
5. never volunteer for breath alcohol tests where the failing score is 0.00% or above and such tests cannot even measure alcohol (scam alert). A person is already under arrest for DUI before an alcohol test is given (scam alert), and charges are never dismissed against innocent people for risk of being sued for false arrest (scam alert).

Alan Tudyk didn't read Rule #4, and probably Rules 1,2,3.

BTW there is no law against drinking and driving.

"A driver can register a BAC of 0.00% and still be convicted of a DUI. The level of BAC does not clear a driver when it is below the 'presumed level of intoxication.'"
-TN Driver License Study Guide
piratenews.org/theprohibitiontimes.html

At least the TMZ headline wasn't "Firefly Serenity Star Busted for DUI".

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments