« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chyna Wants to Teach Japan a Lesson ... In English

2/2/2011 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Former WWE champ Chyna is known for a lot of things, but her brain has never been one of 'em -- until now ... maybe.

0131_chyna_EX_TMZ

TMZ spoke with Chyna (real name Joanie Laurer) who tells us she's currently enrolled in language classes at UCLA night school and is studying to teach English as a second language to kids in Japan.

Chyna doesn't have a job lined up yet, but tells TMZ ...  "I love TV but I'm ready to move on. I'm glad I've finally figured out what I want to do."

Good luck Chyna. At the very least, Japanese kids will learn some killer moves for the playground.

1208_wrasslin_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Cartman

Herro, steroids did not give me oversized female genitals.

This should go well.

Nikki

She actually is pretty smart, she just took the wrong path for a while. Read her book

Steve-o

I think it would make more sense if she taught Chinese in China...

mija

This is wonderful news. She has always enjoyed Japan and the respect she got from the people in the wrestling industry over there. Now that she's learning the language, she can go back and actually communicate with everyone. It's also nice to see her respected by anyone, so I think it's wonderful what she's doing.

cindy

That ought to be interesting

Derek

This woman has a double major in spanish lit from the University of Tampa so she does have a brain in her head

anon

She studied French, Spanish, and German in college so she can probably do it...if she's sober.

Melissa

Is it me or does Chyna look a lot like Khloe K.?

who dat

What she is doing is admirable.

sc1432

Hopefully all she teaches them is English..Chyna's favorite subjects for years from what i have read have been : drinking,druggin, and whatever else goes along with that.

I wish her the best of luck and i hope this keeps her on a path of soberity, if she is sober.

lordroy

Oh, and BTW, she legally changed her name to Chyna (it is no longer Joanie Laurer) so she could keep it from WWE. ( http://www.tmz.com/2007/11/09/chyna-changes-name-tells-vince-mcmahon-to-bring-it/ )

Jim

Wow a good article for a change. Good luck to her.

Truth

ESL TEACHERS GET PAID CRAP. I KNOW TONS OF GRADS WHO TO JAPAN TO TEACH ESL. IT'S LIKE A 2 YR CONTRACT. PAYS ABOUT 35-40K YR.

femonanon

She, actually, is intelligent...but I thought she passed away.

darko1982

i actually spent three days with china she's smart she read to me her book and performed various songs on the cello for me. she's a sweet girl crazy lady to party with but she means well.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments