Lindsay Lohan:

I Just Borrowed That

Damn Necklace!

2/2/2011 2:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan claims she did not steal the necklace at the center of a criminal investigation ... rather, she claims it was loaned to her and a stylist simply forgot to return it on time ... TMZ has learned.

0202_lilo_EX_TMZ_02

Sources closely connected with Lindsay tell TMZ ... Lindsay was in the jewelry store in Venice, CA  on January 22 and claims the necklace was loaned to her.

Lindsay claims she gave it back to a stylist at some point thereafter but the stylist neglected to return it on time.

Lindsay says her stylist is the one who returned it to the LAPD last night.

Lindsay says, according to sources, "I didn't have any part in the non-returning on time."

Roger

She looks pretty in orange.

lou

Aaaaaaaaaaand once again Lilo throws someone under the bus to save her own skin! Really you BORROWED the necklace? And yet somehow or the other the store itself wasn't aware of this and reported it as stolen? Why didn't they simply place a courtesy call to you when you were late returning it, if your story was true? Why involved the police? Oh, I know, don't tell me, let me guess - BECAUSE THEY'RE OUT TO GET YOU, RIGHT???

HarlotO'Hara

She would probably get away with more if she just shop lifted things instead of borrowing all the time and therefore having to be accountable for returning.

Posted at 9:47 AM on Feb 2, 2011 by ??

great suggestion. you should email it to her attorney.

Nancy

A Klepto is someone who has a disease . my great g'ma was a Klepto . her son, an MD would go to all the stores she frequented (back in the 30s/40s) ask how much money and he would pay them back, that was how it worked for my great g'a whom I knew as a tyke and have a few things she gave me, probably stolen. Lindsy needs some help, I feel sorry for her, her family did not bring her up the way I was. I hope she will be OK, not wind up dead or back in jail/prison. Wish I could help her, but she needs professional help, Dr. Drew? Private help and not tattled to TMZ or anyone. IMHO.

Lori

like I said...if this were a BLACK GIRL FROM COMPTON? there would have been NO CHANCE to "return" the necklace after a search warrant was issued!...come on LAPD...you better start doing your JOB.

ilovegossip

If the jewelery store loaned Lindsay the jewelery, there would be some type of receipt that Lindsay signed supporting that. They don't just hand out jewelery on blind faith that they'd get it back. Especially someone with Lindsay's reputation! And... the jewelery store would know who they had loaned it to, and would have called asking for it back. They wouldn't go to the police. Plus, why did they have to look at surveilance video to see who had it last. None of this adds up.

At least Lindsay isn't putting the blame on the Assistant stealing it, I thought that was where she was going with this. Saying she tried it on, and set it down, and the assistant stole it, and that is why the assistant returned it and not her. Whew...

Rollie

It's always someone elses fault. Lindsey and her handlers will harrass someone until they say it was their fault. typical Lindsey. deny everything make counter accusations

Lori

#36 ". Lindsy needs some help, I feel sorry for her, "

OH MY GOD I cannot believe there are STILL people who buy her BULLSH&T! I have a bridge to sell you....

fastdriver

ANOTHER thing- WHO in their RIGHT mind would LEND a $2,500 necklace to HER of all people???? Is this a COMMON thing in Hollywood? NEVER heard of this in my life!

thomas

Any jewelry store that can't keep track of what they have "loaned" is going to be out of business very very fast.

Marilyn

Another question is the sickness of her thinking that she needs another expensive necklace.

What does she need it for now?

Does not she now have more important things to think about rather than jewelry?

jill

Is she really that stupid? Hopefully the jewelry store will press charges .... chick needs to be put in jail or on house arrest where the only person she harms is herself.

dbella

Yeah, just like she "borrowed" that fur coat she stole from Masha Markova and was forced to return after she was photographed wearing it the day after she stole it.

shawn

Someones Going To Jail.

Carl

When something is loaned to YOU guess who is responsible for making sure it is returned to its owner... that's right YOU!