« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Super Bowl Parking -- Big Money for Big D Locals

2/2/2011 5:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Move over Green Bay Packers fans ... Dallas area locals are also raking in the cheese -- by charging premium rates to rent their driveways to Super Bowl tailgaters looking for room to party.

0201_superbowl_parking_TMZ_composite_EX2

With stadium parking jam packed -- and street closures all around town -- fans driving to watch the Pack battle the Pittsburgh Steelers are turning to neighbors of Dallas Cowboys Stadium.

We spoke to multiple residents within walking distance of  the stadium who are renting out their driveways for as much as $500 a space ... and we're told they're getting scooped up!

At least one entrepreneur is even allowing the tailgaters to store beer in her fridge -- an especially sweet deal since the stadium is banning all pregame partying in its lots.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

john

I got my parking for $135 from http://www.alleventparking.com

Mark

Hey browneyedgirl I think your name should be Debbie Downer. I am not a football fan but I sure am a big fan of capitalism. It is supply and demand. If someone is willing to pay $500 for a parking space then I certainly don't blame someone taking it. Jesus said the poor will be with you always. That is true and I certainly help where I can, but I am not going to walk around crying all the time because there are poor people. Unfortunately a vaste majority of the "poor' in the US are that way because of bad choices and too many people with an entitlement mentality.

Anonymous

Go Steelers.

Sheri

IT'S NOT DALLAS COWBOY STADIUM . . . IT IS COWBOY STADIUM AND IT'S IN ARLINGTON, TEXAS. JUST LIKE THE SUPER BOWL IS BEING PLAYED IN ARLINGTON, TEXAS. . . . .

Please people, Arlington, Texas does exist. . . . . . I know it's hard to believe but we do exist and we DO take offense to everything Super Bowl related being address as DALLAS . . .

Thanks for your understanding....

Chill_Out

Im from Fort Worth and have lived here my whole life. Yes the new Cowboys Stadium is in Arlington...I think everyone knows that, now that EVERYBODY is freaking out about it! Its just easier to say Dallas because thats what most people that dont live around here know...calm down everybody!

Chill_Out