« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ben Roethlisberger -- BOOZING at Texas Piano Bar

2/3/2011 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ben Roethlisberger is paying extra special attention to his diet this week -- because when he was pounding drinks at a Texas bar Tuesday night ... he wanted his rum mixed with DIET COKE.

Ben Roethlisberger Piano Bar
TMZ has obtained FOOTAGE of the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback hanging out at Pete's Dueling Piano Bar in Fort Worth Texas ... where he sang his face off from 11:00 PM until 1:15 AM the next morning.

Sources inside the bar tell us Big Ben arrived with two massive teammates -- and bought several rounds of drinks for himself AND the entire bar.

We're told Ben racked up an $800 tab -- and tipped an additional $200.  People inside the bar tell us Ben was "nice, fun and took care of everyone."

In the clip, Ben can be seen singing along to the Billy Joel classic "Piano Man" while his teammates joined in on the fun.

So, we gotta ask ...

UPDATE: This morning, Ben told reporters about his big night out ... saying, "It was a superstition and tradition on Tuesday night. I take the linemen out to dinner. We went out for barbecue and then we wanted to hear some live music. We just had an enjoyable night."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Atlantaguy

So did Ben "take care of everyone" in the bathroom like he did the girl in Georgia, or did he just stay at the bar this time?

Maybe he and Sheen need to share a house for rehab together.

dd

@#7 sad sad That is a great tip more than 20% Not cheap at all..

jim

how come everybody is dumping on ben, what about his team mates that were there.

Sundy-1

I have no rescept for ben after past screwups, great on field player piss poor judgement off the field, however, let the man be, let all stars be, its only fair to allow them to enjoy life as we all do as long as they dont make a stupid decision in the process,

Steelerologist

20 years from now people will still be talking about what happened with Ben in 2010. Ben is HUMAN! 99.9% of everyone in this thread doesn’t have a clue about the life of million dollar quarterback. He made a mistake, yet some people act like that mistake is unforgivable - Who the hell are YOU??? Jesus?? He is at a karaoke bar.... SINGING.. and having fun with his teammates. And last time I checked he's old enough to drink alcohol. This has nothing to do with the media... it all stems from people like YOU who have nothing better to do than to hate a man for making a mistake - while sweeping your own faults under the rug. Half of you are probably smoking crack while reading this. The media gives YOU what YOU want – something to talk about or debate. There is nothing to debate here anymore! Give the man what he deserves - to be forgiven. Move on people - it's old news... and there are other human beings who just happen to play football that are making mistakes too. But I guess if I sent a text message with a pic of my penis no one would really care... because I'm no millionaire and I’m not playing in the Super Bowl.

Steelerologist

eazyrider

this is how we do it in pittsburgh...im sure ben isnt doing anything that he doesnt do for every other game...judge him by his performance...maybe the other quarterbacks in the league need to follow what ben does...he did win 2 superbowls going on 3...ha ha

grace gallagher

Let him drink....I'm going for the Packers!!!!

BBob de bo

Leave him alone, he's a grown-up for crying out loud. Some of the folks he beat to get here didn't party and still turned out to be losers. Another case of being hard up for Super Bowl week news.

Debulator

I see singing. I see a happy man who obviously was polite and kind to the crowd (as your article indicates). I see a man who is sitting upright, speech obviously not slurred. What constitutes "boozing" in your world?

Ron

Really, what is the big deal! He did everything correctly and left a generous tip. Get a life people.

spud

who said he was falling down drunk? how does anyone even know how many drinks he had? people talk like they were there and know what happened. keep you stupid opinions to yourselves

Dave Rusk

I'm a Browns fan we never had a Super Bowl game. I also have no love for the Steelers. But how many people that are bitching will be drinking Sunday. Come no drinking in Green Bay.

burg

this article is stupid. only meant to paint ben as a bad guy which im sure he isnt. first of all, 11pm until 1:15 "the next morning" is TWO HOURS AND FIFTEEN MINUTES. its not like he was there from 10 til 4am hammered out of his mind. he'll be fine by sunday. he has won 2 titles and knows his body and how to prepare it for a football game, which btw, is what the superbowl is, but crap like this on this site make it out to be so much more

JS