Mel Gibson Extortion Investigation Headed to D.A.

2/4/2011 7:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The Mel Gibson extortion case will go to the L.A. County District Attorney next week, and we're told the D.A. could decide days later whether to charge Mel with domestic violence and Oksana Grigorieva with extortion.

Mel Gibson Case

L.A. County Sheriff's Department spokesperson Steve Whitmore tells TMZ the extortion case will be presented to the D.A. next week.

As TMZ first reported, the D.A. has been waiting for the file and wants to make a joint decision on both the domestic violence case and the extortion case.

Sources familiar with the case tell TMZ ... the D.A. is expected to make a quick decision.  If the Sheriff presents the file early next week, Mel and Oksana could learn their fate by week's end.

Stay tuned ...

DudeLebowski

How many lawyers has this airhead bimbo hired and fired at a cost of how many millions of dollars to Mel? I wonder what he was high on when he married this loser....

Posted at 3:09 PM on Feb 4, 2011 by DudeLebowski

HE DID NOT MARRY HER!!!

Posted at 3:11 PM on Feb 4, 2011 by Confused

Then why does he have to pay for all these lawyers? What was he high on when he screwed this goofy b*tch?

azlee

when Richard Davis first posted we had no idea who he was, that is when I did a search and found out he is a PR person for the group. I don't know what else he does, but I found that.

cluesarethere

Just in case I missed something.... Did Horowitz/Garbus put out any official statement/spin since Herzog claimed that he switch to Mel's side last week?

Awful quiet from her legal team.... doubt if they will go down without a fight (wonder what their game plan will be)

Different Rules Apply

Hopefully justice will see the truth and prevail...No one deserves what this woman has done! Come to America and manipulate, lie, cheat, even get pregnant for the money. DON'T LET HER GET AWAY WITH THIS. On the other hand, MEN DON'T BE SO QUICK TO JUMP INTO BED with these gold digging women.

~TEAM MEL - hang in there Mr. Gibson and INNOCENT Lucia.

Just Saying

Slightly off tangent here, but I really do have a BEEF with a few Mel supporters who have been posting on the Berry/Aubry custody battle. I have always suspected a small minority of Mel supporters of being "borderline racists" and I have some confirmation now after reading their posts about Halle.

Halle is NO OKSANA, PLEASE !!!! Some of you have claimed she is worse than that Ox. ARE YOU NUTS ?!?! Maybe just RACIST ! The only similarity here is that both women are playing dirty/hardball to get full custody of their children.
1) Halle has never sponged or smooched off men
2) Halle has never had children to get money off men
3) Halle has never gone on public television to slag Gabriel..not yet anyway. Somehow I doubt she would do this as she has an image to protect, not Ox with absolutely zero reputation to begin with.
4) Halle has never photoshopped pictures and tampered with evidence. Halle has also never recorded Gabriel illegally.
5) Halle has never demanded money from Gabriel to shut up.
6) Halle has never gone to the trouble to setting up elaborate plans to trap and extort money from Gabriel.

To those of you who says Halle is worse than Oksana, YOU ARE ALL RACIST !!! Or just out of your minds !!

By the way, I am no fan of Halle's either. I don't think she is a great actress and it was by fluke she won her oscar - like Marissa Tomei for My Cousin Vinny.

realist

Sam - Thanks.

marknyc

good
deport her and let's get anna chapman in exchange. oh wait... she's not that pretty , we have much better looking girls here , so forget about anna chapman, just deport this one.

Majestik

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight, so, how many posts can we punch in, Mel Gibson, going to DA and will come up under past threads in this place. We've been hearing this for months, next week...THE D.A. will now FURTHER investigate both charges.

Shuffle Demon

Posted at 3:23 PM on Feb 4, 2011 by cluesarethere
------------------------------------------------------------------
clues they have't really been that quiet..ROL(a.k.a OxSanity's PR team) have put out more than a few stories in the past week and a half...I suspect we will see a lot more as well... I also believe they are staying relatively quiet due to an Extorsion charge coming down in a short period of time...I think it's more self persevation with a dose of damage control...

cluesarethere

~TEAM MEL - hang in there Mr. Gibson and INNOCENT Lucia.

Posted at 3:25 PM on Feb 4, 2011 by Different Rules Apply

I'm not going to get too hopeful... the real law that we all know does not apply to California.

Shuffle Demon

1) Halle has never sponged or smooched off men
2) Halle has never had children to get money off men
5) Halle has never demanded money from Gabriel to shut up.

Posted at 3:25 PM on Feb 4, 2011 by Just Saying
------------------------------------------------------------------
I haven't been posted in those thread involing Halle... but I am curious as to why your specifiying it that certain people are racist... juding by the points you outlined, I don't see where that fits?

Just Saying

Posted at 3:23 PM on Feb 4, 2011 by cluesarethere

Not on TMZ anyway. There was an article about Herzog jumping to Mel's camp on CelebrityDirtyLaundry. In that article, a lawyer for Oksana was quoted as saying Herzog has no credibility whatsoever, being a felon and all that. The same lawyer (not mentioned by name) also claimed Herzog was jumping to Mel's ship because Oksana had spurned his advances.

fuddyduddy

MyLife -- I posted to you on the other thread if you're reading here now...

cluesarethere

Shuffle,

I won't go to ROL, won't give them the hits. Usually anything post on there isn't worth reading anyway.

fuddyduddy