Mel Gibson Extortion Investigation Headed to D.A.

2/4/2011 7:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The Mel Gibson extortion case will go to the L.A. County District Attorney next week, and we're told the D.A. could decide days later whether to charge Mel with domestic violence and Oksana Grigorieva with extortion.

Mel Gibson Case

L.A. County Sheriff's Department spokesperson Steve Whitmore tells TMZ the extortion case will be presented to the D.A. next week.

As TMZ first reported, the D.A. has been waiting for the file and wants to make a joint decision on both the domestic violence case and the extortion case.

Sources familiar with the case tell TMZ ... the D.A. is expected to make a quick decision.  If the Sheriff presents the file early next week, Mel and Oksana could learn their fate by week's end.

Stay tuned ...

Bruno

How many times have we heard that it's being turned over to the DA's since this whole fiasco started? Please do us all a favor and wait until they actually have a decision before printing this again.

Tellthetruth59

@Just Saying - are you referring to me? I think she is using Ox tactics. Spreading fantastical lies and trashing a father that wants involvement with the child and subjecting the child to unnecessary public scrutiny. How exactly does that make a person racist?

Shuffle Demon

Shuffle,

I won't go to ROL, won't give them the hits. Usually anything post on there isn't worth reading anyway.

Posted at 3:33 PM on Feb 4, 2011 by cluesarethere
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh come on now, I am sure they have some of their crack writing staff from the National Enquirer helping them put up those Pullitzer prize winning fact based stories ( insert your roaring laughter here )

Janeny

How can a JOINT decision ever possible on two different charges?

GreenEyes

How can a JOINT decision ever possible on two different charges?

Posted at 3:36 PM on Feb 4, 2011 by Janeny
--------------------------------------
Because if Ox is charged with extortion, it'll prove she's lying and then they can't believe her DV charges against Mel Gibson.

Majestik

To those of you who says Halle is worse than Oksana, YOU ARE ALL RACIST !!! Or just out of your minds !!

By the way, I am no fan of Halle's either. I don't think she is a great actress and it was by fluke she won her oscar - like Marissa Tomei for My Cousin Vinny.

Posted at 3:25 PM on Feb 4, 2011 by Just Saying

So, I'm a racist because I'm siding with Gabriel? Sorry, but I think Halle is WORSE than Oxymoron for one fact. She's in a position of power to destroy the father of her child, she has some credibility in Hollyweird where oxymoron has none. I appreciate what you are saying, but until I see Halle cough up PROOF for her allegations then I'm siding with the man. Whether he said/she said allegations are true, that whole thing, like the Oxy/Mel saga should've been done in a courtroom, privately for the sake of the babies involved.

Shuffle Demon

How can a JOINT decision ever possible on two different charges?

Posted at 3:36 PM on Feb 4, 2011 by Janeny
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I think it's more of a strategical move, due to the fact there is a lot of public opinion and the fact that the cases were intertwined with one another. If they decided on one at a time I thinmk if there were charges to come in one, they would have been giving an advantage to the one case where no decision had been made... almost like tipping their hand if you will... not only that this is a political football, that nop one wants to srop, they know this will be under media scrutiny.... So I think they are trying to make the decision on both to be released to the public at the same time

Majestik

Posted at 3:36 PM on Feb 4, 2011 by Shuffle Demon

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You are still my hero!!!

BTW, I have two drunk adult men in my house, they just bought another two cases of beer. I have had to confiscate both sets of keys from said drinkers. I need a place to hide these bloody things other than my bra or panties. Sigh....I am also now nursemaid as one is taking meds and I have to make sure, first thing in the morning that he gets his pill or have a Charlie Sheen missing a 150 thousand dollar watch on my hands.

Welcome to Friday night in Surrey, B.C. Canada.

FLO

Mel admitted to hitting oksana so why has he not been charged.
If she extorted him them she deserves to be charged.

GreenEyes

@shuffle, I think your answer's better... :)

Majestik

Mel admitted to hitting oksana so why has he not been charged.
If she extorted him them she deserves to be charged.

Posted at 3:44 PM on Feb 4, 2011 by FLO

Far as I can get, FLO, yes, he hit her but in defending his daughter who was allegedly being handled like a ragdoll, according to California law he used due force in bringing the situation under control.

As for the Extortion, like we have stated, time and time again, most of us here think there is a lot more than just extortion and a lot more game players than Oxymoronic. It also needs to be said, to bring a felony charge against someone the D.A. needs to make sure they have a cut and dry case, you want all the I's dotted and T's crossed. If they are going to do this, it has to be right.

Stacy

This is exciting ! I think Oksana's going to go down for her crimes !!

@FLO, Mel admitted to slapping Oksana when she was hysterically shaking his 2 month old daughter like a rag doll. He was trying to get her to snap out of it. He never, ever physically abused her.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Please let's not feed the possible stalkers out there lurking or amongst us. Please think about this. No addresses need to be posted again.

Tellthetruth59

Mel admitted to hitting oksana so why has he not been charged.
If she extorted him them she deserves to be charged.

Posted at 3:44 PM on Feb 4, 2011 by FLO
----------------------

Gibson alleges she was shaking the baby (2 months old) and used necessary force to stop her. Rumor has it she had a habit of dragging the baby into the middle of heated arguments because she knew Mel would respond in a protective manner. Mel was within his rights if he was protecting his child. There were pages or paragraphs missing from Mel's declaration that were posted on this site where Mel admits slapping her. Some have speculated that the missing paragraphs could be where Grig got physical with Gibson during that time, since it was her likely her camp that was leaking the do***ents -- so that would make sense. The courts will have to sort it out.

diogenes

Do you think there are anxiety panic attacks running rampant at Sherman Oaks? fear and worry will do that.