Halle's Race War with Gabriel:

Our Daughter IS Black

2/8/2011 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Halle Berry says it point blank ... her daughter is Black -- a direct message to her ex Gabriel Aubry who, according to sources, "went nuts" anytime someone called Nahla Black.

0207_halle_gabriel_BN_Getty_01
Halle says in an upcoming interview with EBONY magazine, "I feel she's Black. I'm Black and I'm her mother, and I believe in the one-drop theory." The one-drop rule was used during segregation to describe anyone who wasn't 100% Caucasian.

As TMZ first reported, sources connected with the former couple say Gabriel insists Nahla is White.

Truth is, they're both sorta right ... and both sorta wrong.

So, we gotta ask ...

Halle Berry

devon

i can't f'n stand halle berry! funny bitch how you've had SO much plastic surgery to NOT LOOK BLACK! google old pix and she doesn't even look the same, yet she claims to be all natural. f'n please! embrace your race when it's convenient for you. your daughter is mixed and stop w/the race card.

Tony

Who cares what the race is.. it makes no difference.. she is a beautiful little girl.. I wish her father would just be a father and stop all this drama. Halle is a beautiful person and great Mom..

Posted at 5:05 AM on Feb 8, 2011 by nette

I guess you didn't read the article, allow me to correct you

Halle is a beautiful BLACK person

Halle is a great BLACK mother

Halle's daughter is a beautiful BLACK girl.

Did you miss that part? No you didn't you don't see the problem. Niether does Halle.

That's the issue.

When you see your African neighbor strung up by the neck the first thing you do is look for a white man to blame. While your brother puts away the ladder.

ccj415

Unfortunately the only one losing here is Nahla. Halle and Gabriel NEED to put aside their differences and be thankful they have a HEALTHY, happy, beautiful little girl.

Observation

Unfortunately, Halle pulls out the "abuse card" at the end of every relationship. Clearly, she has major issues that she refuses to address/correct, and her venom is unstoppable once a relationship ends. Her now playing the race card where her daughter is concerned is the lowest of the low, as is her continued attempt to paint Gabriel as a bad father. Heck there are numerous taped, as well as print articles, where she goes on about what a wonderful father Gabriel is. I would think any man in the future, as well as her current boyfriend, ought to think long & hard about becoming seriously involved with her. I think she doesn't care about the effect this custody battle will have on Nahla, as long as she gets her way in the end.

CDS

I hope she gets help before she seriously messes that little girl up.

Tony

Afrikans in America should stop calling our ancestors 'slaves' because they were kidnapped free people who were made slaves. Our children think we were brought to this country as slaves, that we were already slaves when we got here. But we weren't slaves in Africa and then just transferred to America. We were captured and then enslaved here. There is a real difference.

Posted at 5:11 AM on Feb 8, 2011 by Nubian King

Ignore the millions of slaves that still live in Africa, easier for you to do nothing to help them. It's easier for you to teach your children to hate than it is to do something about your shame.

Your shame. Your children know your shame.

TiredofthisCrap

LOL at all of the white people commenting about one drop, YOU CREATED THE RULE ! Actually Halle was born before the law was eradicated, so that is how she was raised. Her mother raised her to identify as a black woman, because that is all people see when they look at her. **** reading the comments it seems like the white side rejected her. If you have problems with Halle identification issues, see her white momma. :)

Tony

Posted at 5:14 AM on Feb 8, 2011 by ccj415

Happy beautiful BLACK girl. We all MUST change ourselves and correct ourselves for Halle Berry. She wil sue you, don't doubt it.

Halle Berry wants to segregate her children away from white children. Her children are special and deserves better treatment than white children. Halle believes that white's are responsible for all the suffering blacks have endured for hundreds of years. You will never tell Halle to her face that her child is white and not be corrected.

Halle Berry hates white people.

christina

There is no such thing as a border-line racist, it's like being border-line pregnant. You either are or not.

TRUTHSAYER

Halle is: 1/2 black & 1/2 white.

Gabriel is: 100% (or 1/1 white)

So......

Their daughter is 1/4 black, 3/4 white.

Lol, and Christ Rock is a pure racist saying, "Being half-black is like being half pregnant." This insinuates that white is equal to nothing. That's pretty racist of both Halle & Chris. And yes, black folks can be racist!

FYI, I'm neither black nor white. :)

chrissy

Halle is the one that is sounding racist and all she is doing is hurting herself by going to the media. Halle is mixed, she has a white mother making HER BI-RACIAL and the father of the child is white so the child IS BI-RACIAL.

You CAN NOT legally put a bi-racial child down as being either african american or caucasian , you MUST put mixed race. I have friends with babies who have black fathers and my friends are white and on there birth certificates and any papers they fill out they put mixed race..

bagladey

I'm sickened by Halle making this into such a low, banal race war but I'm impressed by Gabriel's dignified silence, and I hope he can hold out and continue doing that.

Scott

As Halle's mother is white she is being so disrespectful to her Mother and her Mom's parents.

Halle is half white, which makes the baby 3/4 white.

Stop being such an idiot Halle. YOU are the one being racist !!

Aisver

She has lost her ever loving mind.That child is of mixed race.It seems to me that Halle has decided that her mother doesn't count.If she were my daughter,Halle that is, I would give her a good calling down.
I am mixed and my mother is white and my father bi racial.I happened to end up looking more black then white,but I define myself as a human being 1st and formost.

I think if Gabriel was a racist he wouldn't have touched her with a ten foot pole.

Poor Nahal is going to be one messed up kid with that nut for a mother.

Tony

Posted at 5:19 AM on Feb 8, 2011 by TiredofthisCrap

I am not white and I am offending that you assume I am a "white commenter" simply to suit your expression of hatred. I did not create a "one drop theory" and when Halle Berry expresses her desire to keep her child segregated away from the white race I will expose her bigotry.

You can try all you like to disguise Halle Berry's bigotry but that kind of hate doesn't disappear from view, it's always been there and always will be. Halle Berry will always been a racist bigot.