Lindsay Lohan -- Up for a Role in New 'Superman'

2/8/2011 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird, it's a plane, it's ... Lindsay Lohan?

0206_lindsay_lohan_superman_ex
Sources close to LiLo tell TMZ ... Lindsay's people have had multiple phone conversations within the last few weeks with the people behind the new "Superman" reboot. We're told Lindsay is up for a role in the flick -- and while it isn't Lois Lane, we hear it would be a "major character."

We're told Lindsay is supposed to meet personally with the "Superman" people soon -- but she might be a little busy with that felony grand theft charge thing.

According to our sources, Lindsay is "dying to show people again how talented she is" and is worried this latest run-in with the law (for which she maintains she's innocent) could ruin her shot at the movie.

Apparently that necklace she's accused of stealing is made out of kryptonite.

Reps for Warner Bros had no comment.

0811_lindsay_lohan_footer

Javadude54

Never going to happen, thank God.

Holly

Um Hum sure she is

JLS

Ridiculous! This notion sounds like something Dina Lohan is trying to float!

Nobody is going to dare take a chance on LL being in their flick! She is clearly unstable and unreliable.

Honestly, nobody is this stupid!

miz

Maybe there were some phone conversations in prior weeks. Like just between Lilo, Dina and maybe her begging her agent to get her a role in Superman but...
After this last week there certainly won't be any further legitimate discussions.

The folks from the Inferno Movie have just gone on record in the last day or so to say they would never have been able to do their movie with Lilo attached to it.

duh

C'mon people! How do you all REALLY feel here?!

Stop holding back!!!

Cricket

Has she given the freakin necklace back???

Sheeple Herder

"This must be the work of Dina, because she has shown that she clearly thinks that the laws do not apply to any of them"--corrected.

None of these people in this family believe the laws apply to them, until they are trying to frivolously sue someone. They are in for a big shock when they find that stealing is actually a crime and is something that society will lock you up for.

Holly

Maybe as an Extra

JayVegas

Not Lois Lane, huh? Well, that's kind of a supporting character anyway...I heard she's going to play SUPERMAN!!

But why stop there, why not just play ALL the roles? Plus, she can produce, direct and do production design and principle photography. Costumes, no problem.

The only remaining interesting thing about these people (aside from their claims that there will be a Machete franchise) is that I can't figure out where they are getting their money.

Granted Lindsay lives in a garden-variety street rental and I don't think the LI place is a palace, but I'm stumped as to how they can all hang around the house like they do.

Does TMZ/ROL really pay that much for those posed trout-lipped pics? Even still, aren't there like 8 of them living off each other. There's something amiss with the income versus expenses.

JayVegas

Plus, WTF - she has the same hairline as Kelsey Grammer. If I look at TMZ on my blackberry, I can't tell from the pictures if the divorce from Camille is final or Lindsay's going to jail. Flip some bangs down or somethun girl.

casting couch

Time to put a lock on the Fortress of Solitude, Supes!

hehe

shes playing supervillainess "klepto", with powers to make things disappear and beat raps

INeverLie

Ladies and Gentlemen you are seeing Lindsay's latest defense. "Your Honor, you can't send me to jail I have a potential job looming in the distance.

I don't remember where I read this but they say in California the court system is in the pockets of the movie Industry/sponsors and that's why celebrities get special treatment.

I think we should all go to the judge's website and send emails asking for justice in this case. I want her to get treated fairly, like you or me. She won't be in jail for 3 years, she'll get something like 6 months and then be on probation for about 3 years.

FruitSalad

This is the ----8th---- time since 2008 she has been accused of stealing cloths/jewelery.

I just read that. Anyone else and they would be in prison.

FruitSalad

And just in case the producers of the movie Superman are reading this , I would never watch any movie with LL in it.