Aerosmith 'Crazy' Model -- Arrested on Rape Charge

2/12/2011 8:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Dean Kelly -- the ripped ex-model who skinny dips with Alicia Silverstone in Aerosmith's 1994 music video for "Crazy" -- was arrested on Monday on suspicion of rape ... TMZ has learned.

Dean Kelly Arrested

Law enforcement sources tell us, 39-year-old Kelly allegedly lured an unidentified woman into his New Orleans home last November ... where he got her drunk, and then raped her.

0211_crazy_video

The incident wasn't reported until last Friday, which explains the belated arrest. Kelly was released on $35,000 bail.

The Tulane University Police Dept. had been looking for Dean Kelly, aka Tyler Durden (Brad Pitt's character in "Fight Club"), who allegedly had been trying to get girls on campus to pose for nude photos. The Tulane P.D. helped capture Kelly and now authorities in the rape case want info from the Tulane students.

Tulane Student

Yes, it took her three months to report it because she got drunk and had some man shove his penis inside her vagina without permission. Sometimes it takes women a long time to rationalize what has happened to them; especially if they were drinking, particularly underage. Also, rape victims know that when they come forward, their character and sex life will be called into question. Having personal experience (and choosing not to put myself through the agony), I can empathize with the fear she felt and why she waited. I know too, that women sometimes make these things up for attention or revenge. But this is a man who posed on my campus as a 28 year old grad student working for ESPN who approached three people I am close to. Might i add, they told me about the weird goings on PRIOR to his arrest and suspicion. The victim's allegations are supported by several others who had the same EXACT experiences. Followed by twenty or some odd more who say that he made an attempt; including my roommate, an old coworker from a town 34 miles away from campus and a Tulane Faculty member's freshman daughter. IT IS COMMON for a woman to fabricate these stories, but for the love of God, have some respect for the tiny chance that you are wrong and that there are truly women having to deal with the trauma of being raped. And a 50% falisty to all rape allegations claim might be statistically true, but take into account the brevity of the situation, how easily a woman can be scared into dropped charges, recanting, how many witnesses are tampered with and the sheer fact that defense attorneys do everything in their power to defame a victim's name, dragging her personal life through the mud. Prostitutes and whores get raped, and though they're in the sex business, they have the right to decide what man does and doesn't enter their body, let's not even mention the several women who have come forth, who are young students pursuing a degree at a college most of you heartless people couldn't touch with your average IQs. Let's have some respect for these women while they are victims and stop screwing with the already corrupt system by making it more penetrable with your ignorance. I am lucky this wasn't my best friend, because it was someone else's and very easily could have been mine.

Tulane Student

Might I add, it wasn't one woman. That's all he's been charged for thusfar. So please do your research before posting crude comments judging the character of victims; one day it might be your daughter.

Help!!

noway- for anyone who believes your post on how his parents ditched him is crazy. Dean grew up in a house in Pass Christian MS with his parents also living with him. His parents home was nice but it was no big old mansion. He went to a very nice school and had family around him all the time. He was not mistreated in any way by any family member. His only problem was he thought alot of himself and was very spoild. The guy soon after high school started spinning more out of control and now has himself where he is today. He is a threat to all women, people around him and has become a waist of space. It breaks my heart to see him and the person he has become. He was given ever oppurtunity in the world and has seemed to waist it all away. To whomever is posting this BS "poor Dean was left and bla bla bla". The people of your home town Dean Kelly and when I say your hometown I mean Pass Christian and not New Orleans. We know the truth and the truth is the only person who ruin Dean Kelly life is Dean Kelly.

CanDoAttitude2011

Well, he apparently was just in Dallas pulling similar BS around SMU.

Jackie

HUH!!...Those who proclaim to be the victims in his past. Here is the question. Why didn't you all press charge him? why f!cking come on net and expose your **** now?

TSIG

"...he got her drunk..."
---------------------------------------------
You mean he somehow immobilized her and poured the alcohol down her throat against her will??? Please explain further, TMZ.

Mickey Von Dutch

There is a lesson to be learned here for women everywhere: never let yourself be lured into anything. When a man invites you to his home or his hotel room, his intentions are pretty obvious. Nonetheless, him not stopping at the first sign of protest makes him a rapist in my book.

slimjim22

Rape is pretty surreal. It happens, folks. Not everyone reports it. Especially when its done to you by someone who seems so normal. It takes alot of soul searching to decide to come forward. And Im sure for every 1 person that reports it on the same guy with same M.O., theres at least 3-5 who DON'T report whats happened. From personal experience, as someone who didn't report, it wakes me up at night to think of what could happen to next wife/girlfriend/ stranger. It really Takes ALOT of inner courage for a woman who has been violated to actually go to Authorities. Only a sociopath would lie about being raped.

Lisa

First I want to say that my heart goes out to the victims. I've read enough about this character to believe that he is creepy and could very well be capable of rape. I feel for those women.

It's not hard to come forward and report a rape situation. Especially if you know the person and willingly went out with them. The victim sometimes feel it was there fault and they are ashamed to come forward. It's a very surreal experience.

Also, please - enough with the ugly comments saying "did he force drinks down her throat!" Please. Just stop. He may not have forced her to drink with him, but it's a fact that men slip things in women's drinks all the time. It happened to me by someone I knew for years and trusted. So please, do not re-victimize the victims.

I hope justice plays out the way it should on this one. My heart goes out to those women. If any of you all are reading here - STAY STRONG and God Bless.

Lisa

Also, I just wanted to say thank you to TMZ for reporting this on their site.This is serious business people. And for once I feel like TMZ is doing something really helpful. If he did this, maybe more women will have the courage to come forward now knowing they aren't alone.

Lisa

regarding my post #82 - I made a huge typo and have to apologize. I meant to type that "It's not EASY coming forward in a rape situation" - not that "it's not hard" JEEZ! I am SO Sorry for that typo. It's very, very, very hard.

I need to proof read before I hit "add comment"!

I did a little more reading on the internet about this guy. He sounds so scary. Someone even mentioned on Model Mayham that they thought he could be a pedofile (spelling?) and predicted that he would be arrested some day. Scary stuff.

dawn

I'm glad TMZ put this up. I live in Hollywood. This guy sends out creepy texts that sound like something a five year old would write. He sends his new bbm pin number at least once a month and is constantly inviting me to VIP red carpet events. After the first text I knew this was not a guy I wanted to be seen with in public. I could tell from a mile away he has been rolling around on a creepy bus from far too long.
When the texts come in I just laugh and ignore them, but I always kind of wondered what would happen with this guy. He's a nutbar for sure. Google what he did at SMU in Dallas.

Lisa

OMG...Apparently he has raped SEVERAL times before! There are woman and young girls all over the Internet saying that he raped them. There are posts that date back to 2006 so far that i have found. The girls were scared to report it, but were making posts to other models to stay clear of him. Same stories over and over. I am shocked that this guy is not in jail. I think more girls are going to come forward now that this is out in the open. And I won't be the least bit surprised if this guy has killed before. I can't believe he posted bond and is out running the streets! My God this story is scary.

Sam

Label him a sex offender and he'll never work or live in this town again. Or any other for that matter.

Emilio

Oh my God, I was a huge fan! So dissapointed in... what's his name again?