Ashlee and Pete -- They Were In Different Marriages

2/11/2011 5:03 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

It's as if Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz were in two different marriages ... sources connected with the couple tell TMZ.

0211_ashley_pete_EX
TMZ broke the story ... Ashlee filed for divorce Wednesday. Turns out she's been "extremely unhappy for a long time," so says one source familiar with the situation.  Ashlee has wanted out of the marriage for a while.

Meanwhile, Pete was happy with the marriage and had no idea Ashlee had reservations about the union.

When Ashlee told Pete she wanted out, he begged her to change her mind, our sources say.  As recently as yesterday, Pete has been crying, asking Ashlee to give the marriage another try.

We're told Ashlee isn't budging.  As we already reported, she feels Pete's "erratic behavior" has made the marriage impossible.

0209_ashlee_pete_footer_V2

sem

Huh? She was miserable.... "sources connected with the couple" knew she was miserable, yet he had no idea?! I know when a friend is unhappy. I know when a co-worker is unhappy. Were these people even talking to each other? This makes no sense.

Get Over Yourself

maybe it just came down this....she got tired of being married to a guy who wears more makeup than her and irons his hair. every time they went out she ending up waiting 40 minutes for him to be done in the bathroom. he's a tool.

niles

They both chose poorly and too hastily. It's a shame that a child was born into this ill-fated union, but what's done is done. Hopefully, someone will have the good sense to change its poor name to something normal.

Mike

When Ashlee told Pete she wanted out, he begged her to change her mind, our sources say. As recently as yesterday, Pete has been crying, asking Ashlee to give the marriage another try.

IM CRYING!! I WENT BULL RIDING SUNDAY IN TEXAS WHILE YOU FILED ON MONDAY!! NOW IM CRYING!!! IM CRYING FOR MY FANS ON TMZ!!!

FANS ON TMZ MAKE HER STOP!! IM CRYING TMZ!!! IM CRYING HELP ME!!

From the bull riding photos you sent to facebook sure seems like you want nothing to do with your son.

Marilyn

They were in different marriage but she has a different plastic face.

And what sane 2 people name a new born baby Bronx proof enough they were on different planets than the rest of us!

Morph_Dusseldorf

I'd have stayed my distance after she looked like a moron on Saturday Night Live.

noneofyourbusiness

I think what happened is that she started to resent that she was the one staying home to take care of the baby and he has continuted to work-she was probably feeling trapped?

Maybe she should have spoken up and talked to him about it before filing for divorce. Communication is so very important and when you get married young you don't always realize how hard marriage really is. Most everything can be worked out and people don't want to seem to put the hard work into it.

I feel bad for Pete! Hang in there dude!

Room Monitor

Home Skillet: DO NOT TYPE TO ME

RESUME LICKING THE LOVE SAUCE OFF PEREZ'S BUM

YOU FOOL

you are not sexy

you are a moron

Room Monitor

I JUST MAYBE THINK THAT JOEY SIMP SIMP FIGURED OUT HOW TO DO THE CIRCLE "O" (PROBABLY CAUSE HE WAS THINKING OF THAT FAT ASS OPRAH) ... CIRCLE THE MOTION OF THE "O" TO THE TUNE OF THE OCEAN AND THE MOTION ON THE MATTRESS

YOU GET ME? YOu don't have to get me but you must respect me.

noneofyourbusiness

FANS ON TMZ MAKE HER STOP!! IM CRYING TMZ!!! IM CRYING HELP ME!!

Posted at 12:34 PM on Feb 11, 2011 by Mike
__________________________________________________
WTF does getting your picture on a bull have to do with wanting to have nothing to do with your son? Seriously?

Chef Jack Tripper

noneofyourbusiness, having no career prospects forced her to stay at home, not the baby. she isn't the most talented of whatever the hell she does.

kVd

typical woman.

kimd

I have a feeling there's a whole lot more to this story.

Wiccad

It's easy enough to say "I had no idea she was happy. I thought we had the perfect marriage." That is what my then soon to be ex told our marriage counselor when I finally got fed up and asked for a seperation. He had no idea, even after 11+ years of me telling him that I wasn't happy. Grow up people. Marriage takes two people to make it work.

Ann

OH MY GOSH..........It just sickens me that they think they marriage is gonna be a piece of cake and forever a fairy tale! YOU MARRY FOR BETTER OR WORSE!!! THIS IS NOT a disposable society, if it doesnt fit my needs, get rid of it!! MARRIAGE takes WORK.........something Im sure they are not used to!! GET OVER YOURSELVES!!!