Ashlee and Pete -- They Were In Different Marriages

2/11/2011 5:03 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

It's as if Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz were in two different marriages ... sources connected with the couple tell TMZ.

0211_ashley_pete_EX
TMZ broke the story ... Ashlee filed for divorce Wednesday. Turns out she's been "extremely unhappy for a long time," so says one source familiar with the situation.  Ashlee has wanted out of the marriage for a while.

Meanwhile, Pete was happy with the marriage and had no idea Ashlee had reservations about the union.

When Ashlee told Pete she wanted out, he begged her to change her mind, our sources say.  As recently as yesterday, Pete has been crying, asking Ashlee to give the marriage another try.

We're told Ashlee isn't budging.  As we already reported, she feels Pete's "erratic behavior" has made the marriage impossible.

0209_ashlee_pete_footer_V2

Michelle

Sounds like Jessica all over again. She wanted out of the marriage with Nick and then had regrets afterwards.

Oh no!

"Erratic behavior" is code for liking boys.

i love Pete

He is way to hot for her any ways

ohlalala

Stop bashing on the Simpsons!!! I like Bart.

Luke

What idiots, you have a kid! Give the marriage a try or tie your tubes because a marriage is about working through things, not giving in, especially when you have a young kid.

SHELLZ

I THOUGHT THEY DEVORCED AWHILE AGO...LOL

Typicalwhitewoman

"ROOM MONITOR: p.s. good luck Egypt but really, the bodies are going to start piling up.
Obama you were too slow to enter that game.
I am sick of listening to your crap on tv...."
Thank you Room Monitor for seeing the big picture!
I'm ready for General Patraeus to stand in, and have our own special reelection, and send the Obamas back to their Chicago Hooverville.

DarrenBeckley

Ashlee has ZERO talents, as a Mom, Wife or Lip Sync Skank....Additionally, Ashlee is FUGLY!!

Inouno Nyx

Another clueless male.

If your woman has gone from wanting to talk about the relationship to keeping silent -- it doesn't mean all is good -- it means she's given up on you ever listening to her and is making her plans to get out.

Listen up, and if you don't hear anything, start talking, pronto!

Posted at 2:31 PM on Feb 11, 2011 by Cam

SO True. Guys don't listen when you warn them a thousand times and then are surprised when they are dumped.

Inouno Nyx

I was shocked when all of this came out. I mean, I didn't expect them to get to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary or anything, but I did expect them to show some kind of distress befor pulling the plug. When I read about HIS "erratic" behavior, I literally scoffed. I know I wasn't there, but it doesn't get any more erratic than looking happy while strolling hand in hand and then filing for divorce 2 days later. So it seems to me like she's a not job. Of course, I think Jessica had a hand in this. Her little, less famous sister had everything she will probably never have and she couldn't take it. I expect this two to get back together before calling it quits for good.

vaderslith

and her behavior has always been perfect.. this is what happens when kids who think they are adults make decisions...

MrsBeasley

Its a lot easier to simply get a divorce rather than sitting down and talking your issues out and then doing something about them besides getting a divorce. I think there are GOOD reasons for divorce such as physical abuse and the like, but most people get divorced simply because they don't have the guts to tough it out. Divorce is easy, trying to make it work is hard. I've been married for 32+ years now and walking out MANY times would have been the easy part, but we both decided long ago to take our vows seriously and STAY TOGETHER. Its unfortunate that busting up a family is the way to go. Besides that poor child having a name like some Amazon Jungle creature he now has a destroyed family. Way to go! Divorce is for quitters. Time to stop thinking of just yourself and start thinking of ways to IMPROVE your family. No one said it would be fairy-tale like and anyone who thought that (Eva Longoria comes to mind) should NOT get married. Married life can be rough, so get your head out of your bum and think about this kid. Tooooo many kids with no fathers around....why do this to him? Its not his fault you had no idea what you were doing. I got married at 19. It CAN be done.

sam

Ashley totally used him to keep her profile in the public eye and restore her credibility after the lip synching fiasco and drunk in McDonald's entitled Lohan 2.0 video.

Ryan Cabrera wouldn't commit even though Daddy was his manager. Fall Out Boy was hot and she got a lot of attention for dating him and her nose job.

She thinks she can do better. He deserves better. God Bless the child.

pk

This happens everyday. The wife wants out and the husband is clueless. Welcome to the end of a marriage.

w

My goodness Ashlee, The guy loves you, he never does anything bad and he seems like a decent guy, give him a second chance, unless hes a piece of sheet wife beater or hes bad to his child get rid of him but if not at least try to keep your family together, dont be a dirty hollywood statistic.