'American Idol' Finalist Hospitalized

2/23/2011 10:12 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Casey Abrams -- one of the top 24 finalists on "American Idol" -- was rushed to a hospital moments ago after complaining of severe stomach pains ... TMZ has learned.

Casey Abrams Hospitalized

Sources connected to the show tell us ... 19-year-old Abrams was rehearsing at CBS Television City when he began to feel sick.

We're told Abrams was taken to a nearby hospital -- where he's expected to stay overnight ... possibly longer.

And it gets worse -- now that Abrams has made the top 24, he's scheduled to tape a performance on Friday ... along with the rest of the top 12 men. But if Abrams is not well enough to take the stage on Friday, we're told he will be eliminated from the competition.

Abrams is currently being examined by doctors.

Davey Boy

This guy has some serious talent!

Erik

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Casey needs to be in the competition!

elliott

WAY TO SPOIL THE SHOW!!! I DIDN'T KNOW HE MADE THE TOP 24!!! SHOULD OF KNOWN BETTER NOT TO READ ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH IDOL THAT IS POSTED ON YOUR SITE!!!

missy

Some jealous bastard poisoned him, because he's going to win!

George McFly

swear if those ghost hunters dont stop staring at me Im disbanding you TMZ

Smooch

Thanks for spoiling it for me. Seeing as tonight's show is still in progress you could have at least put a spoiler alert notice up.

Michael

Drama Drama Drama did that last year with the lesbo girl with bad teeth

TMZ@Froggy.biz

He looks like a Hobbit.

stereogirl

Okay seriously... if you didn't know he was going to make the top 24, you haven't been watching. It was clear even from his audition he was going through.

I hope he gets better though. It would be a shame if he had to leave the show. I think he'll be in the top 3. Lauren Alaina's gonna win the whole thing though.

Conspiracy theory people will have a field day with this considering that Jessica girl got so sick she had to drop out.

SpeakTheWord

TMZ wth lol .....spoiled it..who wins survivor plz do tell

edge70

I get severe stomache pains if Im actually near a tv that has American Idol on. I cant imagine how awful it would be actually being there.

jajaredor

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Not Casey!!!! I hope he gets well.. I really really like his Jazz style of music.. He makes it more fun to listen to :-D

Brute Reynolds

he's got swollen red hairy face disease.

tgrfan42069

that sucks..casey and the guy from compton are my two faves to win.

Richard Fisher

My company www.musiccharmer.com will have the next winner of American Idol

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments