'American Idol' Finalist Hospitalized

2/23/2011 10:12 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Casey Abrams -- one of the top 24 finalists on "American Idol" -- was rushed to a hospital moments ago after complaining of severe stomach pains ... TMZ has learned.

Casey Abrams Hospitalized

Sources connected to the show tell us ... 19-year-old Abrams was rehearsing at CBS Television City when he began to feel sick.

We're told Abrams was taken to a nearby hospital -- where he's expected to stay overnight ... possibly longer.

And it gets worse -- now that Abrams has made the top 24, he's scheduled to tape a performance on Friday ... along with the rest of the top 12 men. But if Abrams is not well enough to take the stage on Friday, we're told he will be eliminated from the competition.

Abrams is currently being examined by doctors.

Richard Fisher

My company www.musiccharmer.com will have the next winner of American Idol

kingborg

show was filmed last week how fast u forget!!

kingborg

show was filmed last week remember hearing the guy who's gf in the wheelchair was out of the show!

MIKKI BREINING

COME ON CASEY, I'M PULLING FOR YOU, HUN. I'M TELLING EVERYONE TO SAY A PRAYER FOR YOU. I'M SORRY I'M NOT CLOSER...TO OFFER HELP... BUT I'LL BE PULLING FOR YOU AND "LIVING IN HOPES" THAT YOU ARE ON THE MEND. I HOPE TO HEAR VERY SOON THAT YOU ARE FEELING BETTER, AND MADE IT BACK TO THE SHOW. CUZ, U TRULY ROCK.... AND ALL THAT JAZZ.......
MAMA-MIKKI

Margaret

It would be a shame to lose Casey Abrams. He is so talented. He stands alone. He is original. The show will not be good without him. He already has my vote to win the whole thing!!

Nobel

People still watch American Idol?

hippie 76

He is my favorite!!! Please get better by Friday. And shame on you AI if you disqualify him for a medical emergency. This guy is a unique talented musician...don't let him go. Such a good soul.

tina

thanks tmz! crap!

reaganz

Great NON-spoiler alert TMZ!

TMP

Casey is one of the few guys on the show with actual talent. It would be very sad to see him leave the show over something he can't control, like a illness.

On the other hand, AI has a history of staging these types of things to create drama. (Not saying that they are, but just pointing out they've done it before)

I really hope that Casey is okay, and it's nothing serious. He deserves to make it to the top 3 and it would totally suck to have his journey cut short over something like this.

Dennis Johnson

Damn I did not know that show was still on the air.

jjo

Thank you, TMZ, for telling us he made it before Fox did. And for the person who said if we didn't know he was gonna make it, we weren't watching, we also all thought the guy with the brain damaged fiance would make it and he didn't, soooo......

music4kat

That is complete BS!! Last year Bowersox went to the hospital due to her diabetes and she wasn't cut! So why would he be cut for being sick? Its not his fault. Can't they even switch nights like they did last year??

pammie

dropped from the competition if he's not well by taping on friday that's BS!!

"um i know you're going through some awful pains in your stomach, but ummmm yeah, u have 2days to get better otherwise your dream will be ****tered." REALLY??

Shouldn't we be concerned about his health and not taping the show? If he's not better by then so what! Tape the show with 11 and have Seacrest mention in the show about the situation I'm almost positive America will understand. Should give them at least 1show allowance, if he's gotta miss 2straight tapings then whatever. but really??? It's not like he purposely made himself ill.

Valerie

I would HATE to see him be dropped but.... if that happens would they bring back Chris Medina??? I really hope so if they HAVE to let Abrams go....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments