'Two and a Half Men'

Shut Down After TMZ Story

2/25/2011 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned "Two and a Half Men" will immediately stop production for the rest of the season ... because of Charlie's escapades in the last few days ... most recently what he said to TMZ.

Two and a Half Men Shutdown
CBS and Warner Bros. say, "Based on the totality of Charlie Sheen's statements, conduct and condition, CBS and Warner Bros. Television have decided to discontinue production of 'Two and a Half Men' for the remainder of the season."

The decision comes several hours after TMZ posted a story in which Charlie Sheen challenged creator Chuck Lorre to a fight, calling him "a stupid, stupid little man and a pu**y punk that I never want to be like."

Sources connected with the production tell us ... Charlie's comments to TMZ were the final straw.

No word on whether production will resume next season.

Stacy

I think Charlie's biggest mistake was talking to TMZ, they're NOT your friends ! If they were your friends they would never report
anything that would hurt you.
It brings to mind a quote from an old Saturday Night Live character, John Handey, "Never make the mistake of thinking that the court appointed psychiatrist is your friend " :)

Never mistake TMZ for your friend ! Don't talk to them !!

Bruno

I bet Brooke is relieved that she isn't on that island with him right about now...

kea

NOOOOOOOOO me my lil neice and 2year old nephew love that show :(

Sammie

Looks like Charlie's little world is starting to collapse. Not only have they stopped the show but his business team is trying to stop him buying that $6.5 million dollar mansion for Brook who also, btw, left the island. Guess she couldn't stand to watch Charlie melt down.

pink_sapphirexo

It's sad for the rest of the show's crew, but definitely the right decision.

I wasn't offended by Charlie's lifestyle, but I am appalled by what he said about the show's creator. I am officially a former fan.

tik

Come on guys, I love two and a half men. I love Charlie Sheen too.... This is an addiction. I don't believe in the tuff love sh$$, my brother died from his drug addiction. Where is Martin and Emilio? This man needs help, he need INTERVENTION...who cares what the psychologists say...he is CRYING out for your love and affection. Please someone, rescue this great man before he dies.

btrask3

Sheen is a great example of HOLLYWOOD and the Producers, Writers, Directors, and Actors.

No morals.

acorn

I will always savor this moment.

You go to far when you mock a Jewish person.

Charlie Sheen will be dead very soon, and I won't shed ONE tear.

Bet Denise is freaking, now.

You Know Who

Bend over Charlie, You just got spanked!

annoyedcracker

what a selfish ass!

Bubbles

Re: "Sorry Jon and rest of the cast and crew. He screwed you guys by his ego."

He has a DISEASE. CBS employed him fully knowing this and they created a character that would mimic his real life. They made billions of dollars off of the tabloid character 'Charlie Sheen.'

I doubt that Lorre is offended by the ramblings of a drug addict. He probably shut down the show because Charlie is not sober.

Charlie needs help. The show is the least of his worries. He has to get help to save his life!

sam

Thanks a lot I loved that show

Sammie

Saw somebody else up there send a shout out to CBS for doing this. I say the same thing. Kudos to you CBS & Warner Brothers.

leafsfan1977

Are you still WINNING Charlie????? As much as I love the show, I totally get why they pulled the plug on the remainder of the season. His comments as of late sound like that of a man possessed. I genuinely think this was the final nail in the coffin. No one worth his/her salt will hire this guy now. Goodbye Charlie! Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!!

diogenes

reality check--five children and two ex-wifes to support.