Lorre: Sheen's Fall From Grace is a 'Sprint'

3/1/2011 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chuck Lorre just posted an existential statement on his website with a vanity card from tonight's episode of "Mike and Molly" -- and if we're reading it correctly, it sounds like "Two and a Half Men" is over and out.

0228_chuck_lorre_vanity_card_EX

The statement is long and rambling -- it seems he's mocking Charlie's recent ramblings.  Lorre says, "I believe that consciousness creates the illusion of individualism, the false feeling of being separate."  Translation:  Charlie may think he's blazing his own path but he's still on the well-traveled trail of life.

Lorre goes on:  "I further believe that this existential misunderstanding is the prime motivating force for the neurotic compulsion to blot out consciousness."  Translation:  Charlie is living in a dream world.

There are other gems, but Lorre ends by writing, "The Fall from Grace is, in fact, a Sprint from Grace.  Or perhaps more accurately, Screw Grace, I am so outta here!"

As for writing, "I am so outta here!" could be Lorre talking or it could be what Lorre thinks Charlie is saying.

The more we think about it, it seems he's referring to Charlie, but either way, what really seems "outta here" is "Two and a Half Men."

The Watcher

Charlie should just hook up with Lindsey Lohan & they can self destruct together!

He's a total nacissist, alcoholic, drug addict who blames everyone else & wants everyone to think he is the victim!

Sad sad

justmyopinion Lame. It was very deep an insightful and really about each and every one of us. I liked it.

Kristy at CandleForex

Charlie needs to get his head examined.
That post or letter sounds like someone ranbling, and as if somebody was in mania mode. He should leave stuff like this to his PR team.

chacha

The Grace comment is clearly a reference to "Will and Grace" that Charlie makes when he talks about shows that petered out after a good run (which 2 and 1/2 hadn't yet done when production had halted). Chuck is saying that 2 and 1/2 is done just like W and G.

Fan

Hmmm, Charlie seems rather simplistic when compared to Mr. Lorre, don't you think?

Charlie keeps trying to convince us he is a complex god beyond our understanding. What a tool.

Team Lorre!

eff em

Lorre was probably referring to his experience as producer on the show Grace Under Pressure, which stopped production after its star started flaky, self-destructive behavior. But, hey, TMZ, thanks for the "translations" You deserve your own vanity card with two words on it "pompous idiots!"

Puckett

"TAHM is the only runaway hit that CBS has had in a long time,"

NCIS started at the same time and has five million more viewers. I'd say that has run a tad further.

Posted at 9:35 PM on Feb 28, 2011 by Meme

~~~

OK you may well have me on that count... however it can not be overstated how important TAHM was and still is to CBS's bottom line.

I'd suggest you read this article about what they stand to loose, and how much they've gained from having TAHM on CBS. It's really eye opening just what a financial mega hit the show is.

As Sean Compton, president of programming for Tribune Broadcasting, states at the end...

The show, Compton said, "was an immediate game-changer that significantly elevated the performance of our stations, and we have never looked back. This is one of those rare shows -- like "Friends" and "Seinfeld"-- that will continue to deliver for decades."

That pretty much sums it up. Loosing 8 episodes from season 8 and a lost season 9 (of which the syndication rights have already been sold through 2020) of TAHM will end up costing close to a billion dollars or so in first-run and syndication revenue.

Financially this is a HUGE clusterf*ck for Warner, CBS, Lorre, Sheen, Cast and Crew.

That's why the all need to collectively pull their heads out of their egotistical asses and resolve this and move forward. Nobody's ego is worth that much to stoke.

The resolution of this will either be win-win for all or lose-lose for all. There isn't going to be any separate winners and losers here. They are all in it together.

Laura

Good grief! What planet did this guy come from? He's a blithering nut case! TMZ is going over the hill to "interpret" this loonies chatter, and if they have to do that, that even proves my point moreso. Brother! And, Lorre thinks Charlie is in bad shape??

Furthermore, if this is an example of the "pretend" people in Hollywood & their new age ideology, I think we need to stop funding these maniacs, don't you?

Bu

They are both acting like little boys on the playground that keep having fights! Both are behaving childish!

Fan

Now I get it... Charlie's "great war" involves having his drunk friends stumble through a comment submission on TMZ.

Drug addicts stop maturing when they start their addiction. Charlie is locked in the his late teens. So are his buddies who post here. Their contributions resemble letters to the editor in a high school newsletter.

Grandma Cracker

I heart Sam
I heart Sammie
I heart Superman
I heart CN

Bromsnor

I really loved his quote (was it him?), when he said, I'm doing all of this healthy stuff I'm really gonna be pissed if Charlie Sheen outlives me.

C

Chuck you’re in the wrong, you produced Two and ½ Men. You told the actors they could do anything they wanted for 10 years and it brought you the almighty buck. Now when the end is near you lost control of your show when someone told you to clean the actors up. Are you paying the actors the additional Medical for the drugs and alcohol you provided all these years? By allowing these women to go public is your fault also; you did not protect your investment. Denise Richards and Brooke Mueller are nothing but trouble, it brought you a dime and you turned your back. What did you think would happen when you told them that being heterosexual is no longer the right way? Everything that show stands for is adult consented.

Charlie you need to calm down. You can tell you’re hurt and angry and rightfully so. When your father and brother's curtain went down they took their final bow. Right now you might not get that final bow, but our curtain is flapping in the wind. Get rid of the girls in the end it’s an empty nest. As for your movie no one can get rid of the “Wild Thing” and thinking it would be a success. I am not a fan, but would never go see any major league without you in it. John Stamos would give the WB what they want: Homosexuality. Keep your chin up, keep things real and just protect your children in the end it’s worth it. If the show airs again I'll turn CBS back on. Good luck.

Kate

A LEGEND IN HIS OWN MIND: CHARLIE SHEEN.

river rat

The Mentalist
Blue Bloods
Mike and Molly
Undercover Boss
How I Met Your Mother
The Defenders

Shows I have NEVER watched on CBS...

Two and a Half Men

The whole world does not revolve around an egotistical little weenie named Charlie Sheen!