D.A. On Verge Of Charging Mel Gibson

2/28/2011 11:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with the Mel Gibson criminal investigation tell TMZ ... Gibson is about to be charged with domestic violence, but Oksana Grigorieva will not be charged with extortion.

Mel Gibson Charged
Multiple sources say the die is not officially cast, but the powers that be think there's enough evidence to prosecute Mel, however not enough to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Oksana extorted him -- notwithstanding that she demanded $15 million from him in return for keeping the tapes secret.

All of our sources say ... the turning point for prosecutors was the fact that prior to Oksana going to the Sheriff's Department and accusing Gibson of domestic violence, Mel's family law attorneys filed a declaration in the family law case, in which Mel admits to slapping Oksana -- he says because she was shaking baby Lucia wildly and feared Shaken Baby Syndrome.
0227_mel_doc_rip_2
We're told the likely charge against Mel will be misdemeanor domestic violence -- he will not be charged with a felony.  Misdemeanor domestic violence carries a maximum penalty of six months in jail.

Sources say the extortion investigation has become a bone of contention between the D.A. and the L.A. County Sheriff's Department.  We're told Sheriff's investigators believe there is sufficient evidence -- much of which has not been made public -- to prosecute Oksana, but the D.A. doesn't agree.

As for a timetable ... we're told the decision is expected in the next two weeks, and very possibly this week.

0708_gibson_fotter_550

emerald

If you aren't happy now...you WILL be...:P Have another.

Posted at 7:22 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by Sam

Whoa Sam, these are goood brownies, mellow yellow lol!

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

emerald

John, Have you figured out who'd play Octomum's twin's part in the audio yet lol?! Perhaps I should practice, Laaarrryyy...I need your help! lol!!

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Can a pool party be complete ever again without brownies?

Midwesterner

Has Hellnurse been by yet? I'm eager to hear what hubby has to say. I'd especially like to know what made him pick today in the first place.

Celtic

I see all kinds of weird stuff when Im selling homes. Here are a few.
-Divorce case. She left first and had to arrange to get her things later. All of the boxes had the word c.unt written all over.
-Divorce case. A nasty floater left in the toilet as a parting gift.
-Divorce case. All toilet seats removed.
-Divorce case. Central air conditioning unit stolen from outside. Found being sold in the want ads.

I have dealt with cat and dog feces. Couples who have forgotten about a showing and I walk in on them having sex. I was once appraising the home of a single man and found an industrial size jar of vaseline and a vibrator beside his bed.

Sometimes you just have to laugh.

emerald

Sam Roflol! Nope, we need brownies at the pool party, it wouldn't be the same lol!! Nice little lounger near the pool to enjoy the view but far enough away not to get wet lol, nice and warm, enjoying a laugh and a joke as well as the cheese curls, the wine, the beer and DEFINITELY the brownies lol!! Maybe a little dancing on the bar or limboing under it perhaps lol?!

Belinda

-Divorce case. A nasty floater left in the toilet as a parting gift.

Posted at 7:37 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by Celtic
___________________________________________________________

LOL ... I have tears in my eyes.

john

John,
Great idea with the splicing and dicing a tape just for Ox. I would love to see something like that go viral.

Posted at 7:22 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by Celtic
..........................................

Yeah!
I'm hoping we have some creative types that could put a tape together.
Sooner , rather than later, if it went viral, it could put the DA in a pickle.

Especially since this thing went VIRAL in the first place because of oskana splicing and dicing the tapes of MEL and putting it on RADAR.

If one of you guys want your 15 minutes of FAME, if you can make a FUNNY and reverse tape of OKSANA acting crazy (which shouldn't be too hard) and Mel or person interviewing her (you) with studio mic, asking her Questions and then have OFF the WALL answers coming from oksana (priceless).

This tape if it went viral would SHOW the Media what can be done with spiced tapes and give the DA pause about what to do about OSKANA in this light.

Would be very COOL KARMA, the edited tape she made ruined Mel's rep, so ... edited tape of her could make everybody "rethink" the whole Mel type rant again, and realize this "evil witch" did edit the tape and that is why he sounded so crazy and she sounded so cool and calm.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

I used to inspect homes. MAN! Some of the things one sees--some of the nastiest, filthiest ugg. Words can't describe them...I don't understand HOW some can live like that--but they do! I tried very hard to NOT be judgmental--after all everyone is different, right? But i gotta say: I would have been HAPPY to see a big ol tub of Vasoline and a vibrator! It would have been refreshing!

Midwesterner

The Embalmed One has a story on ROL. They describe her as--are you ready?--a "civil rights attorney." Yeah. Like we will be confusing her with Morris Dees. Unpleasant as it is to give ROL the clicks, you all really should take a look at the photo. She is wearing the tackiest wig you will ever seen.

Celtic

-Divorce case. A nasty floater left in the toilet as a parting gift.

Posted at 7:37 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by Celtic
___________________________________________________________

LOL ... I have tears in my eyes.

Posted at 7:42 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by Belinda

I have tenant stories too. You would not believe the things they'll do to prevent the house they're renting from being sold.

Belinda

Posted at 7:43 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by Sam
________________________________________________________

What was your absolute worst experience?

Celtic

Posted at 7:43 PM on Mar 2, 2011 by Sam

No you wouldn't. The guy was also hitting on me.

Celtic

Sam, have you seen maggots in a house?

Previous 15 Comments | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments