Christina and BF -- Poppin' Bottles Before Arrest

3/1/2011 4:53 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Christina Aguilera and her boyfriend drank at least one -- possibly two -- bottles of expensive wine at a famous L.A. restaurant just hours before they were arrested ... TMZ has learned.

Christina Aguilera Matt Rutler Arrested

We've confirmed ... Aguilera and Matt Rutler had a late-night dinner date at Mario Batali's restaurant Osteria Mozza ... where they hung out in the private dining room past midnight.

We're told one of the restaurant patrons recognized Christina and asked the server to send her a drink ... but the server replied, "She's already drinking a bottle of wine... or two."

The patron sent over a dessert instead.

So far, no word on when Aguilera and her BF left the joint -- but sources who were at the restaurant tell us the couple got their entrees AFTER midnight ... when the place was closing down to the public.

As TMZ first reported, the couple was arrested around 2:45 AM this morning -- cops say Matt was driving drunk and Xtina was too drunk to take care of herself.

eyecandy

#14- I bet she's thanking her higher power she got caught/him too!!! It would be sad that Max had to grow up w/out a Mother

Lia

I agree with you Tia 100% A fancy pansy restaurant should take care of those who are spending a lot of money at their restaurant and advice them to call a cab or they'd be forced to call police!
I thought restaurants or bars were supposed to do that. Im not saying it was all their fault Christina and her gold digger should have a driver if they were going to drink! Come on Christina you have a kid what if your man killed someone while he was driving? You two put innocent people in danger!! And it wouldnt be just one night in jail you'd be in for manslaughter! Think before you drink or dont do it at all!

Puckett

Oh and Tia... He's also been sued for labor violations, illegally low wages, forced overtime, skimming tips etc. The complaint also alleges physical and sexual harassment at his restaurants.

Even if he did caution his employees to look out for his patrons... i doubt they would give a sh*t given how they are allegedly treated.

ElliE

..hehe..lol..an adult woman out on a binge one night with a dude..that counts as gossip when ur'e not doin it yourself??.. Hope u had a good time Christina..

Blake

It never fails to amaze me why people drive after drinking when they could easily afford to hire a driver or simply take a cab. That restaurant was very irresponsible for letting them get that way, and to have let them leave that way.

They way I would have handled this would be to ask, "May I bring your car around?" If no car, no problem. If they handed me the keys to get the car, I would call them a cab immediately, take the car key off the ring, go back and say, "I'm very sorry to do this, but I have a cab waiting out front. If I let you drive right now, you may get hurt or hurt someone else. You may pick up your car key tomorrow. You may hate me now, but you'll be much safer this way. You know how the cops are around here and everyone they catch gets in the news paper the next day. I don't want either of us to be in there in the morning."

giz

to think that she broke her family to have this kind of life

Stella

a bottle of wine between 2 people does not = drunk.

mike

This is newsworthy?
Think anyone in the Middle east cares about it?
Someone famous for being famous gets drunk and busted?
I care because?

mike

This is newsworthy?
Think anyone in the Middle east cares about it?
Someone famous for being famous gets drunk and busted?
I care because?

kat

Please if your under 18 don't watch

@funyunsbag

It wasn't wine... geez... fact check people. She was knockin' back Yoo-Hoo & Grey Goose all night. I was there. Check the pics under my favs & follow this crazy-a$z bags exploits at http://www.twitter.com/funyunsbag

orangista

To everyone saying the restaurant should have called them a cab, if they had their entrees at midnight, but didn't get arrested until almost 3 a.m., I'd say it's likely that they went somewhere else to drink more after dinner.

Bob Goodden

I'm prayin' for rain in California,
So the grapes can grow and they can make more wine,
And I'm sittin' in a honky in Chicago,
With a broken heart and a woman on my mind.

I matched the man behind the bar for the jukebox,
And the music takes me back to Tennessee,
When they ask who's the fool in the corner, crying,
I say, that little ole wine drinker me.

I came here last week from down in Nashville,
'Cause my baby left for Florida on a train.

[ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/little-ole-wine-drinker-me-lyrics-dean-martin.html ]

I thought I'd get a job and just forget her,
But in Chicago a broken heart is still the same.

I matched the man behind the bar for the jukebox,
And the music takes me back to Tennessee.
When they ask who's the fool in the corner, crying,
I say that little ole wine drinker me.
I say that little ole wine drinker me.

TrueDat

In NY they would have had a driver available, it shouldn't be any different in LA. If both are going to get hammered like that, then they need to go ugly early and get home before all the cops come out. But at 100 lbs, she probably just needs 2 drinks to hit .08 and after 2 bottles over 2 hours would have been bombed. She's got gaps in her memory today....

John

F-U Christina and your loser "*uck" buddy!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments