Lindsay Jeweler May Have Screwed Prosecutor

3/6/2011 11:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The "victim" in the alleged Lindsay Lohan jewelry store heist just cashed in on the surveillance video and in the process may have really messed up the prosecutor's case.

0223_lindsay_leaving_BN_TMZ

The jewelry store -- Kamofie & Co. -- has been working with a broker for the last few days and the broker has been on the horn with numerous media outlets, salivating at the prospect of cashing in.

The video has been sold -- but it's causing fits for the lawyers in the case, particularly the prosecutor.

Lindsay's defense is that the necklace was a loan ... the jeweler begged to differ. So intent is critical, and if the jeweler is called to the stand and admits this was just a convenient way of scoring some quick cash from the media, Kamofie will have about as much credibility as (insert favorite celebrity who lied in "comment" section).

We know lawyers in the case have been in touch with the people at Kamofie, trying to dissuade them from selling the tape ... to no avail.

No word on how this will affect plea bargain negotiations. TMZ broke the story ... in the next few days, Shawn Holley, Lindsay's lawyer, and prosecutor Danette Meyers will meet in chambers with Judge Keith Schwartz ... sources tell us Holley is trying to get the judge to commit to a short jail sentence if Lindsay cops a plea.

Stay tuned ...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Olivia3100

GREEDY!!!!!

Zaber

It appears that Diana is back to her old tricks of using a third party to pay off the victim.

ilovegossip

Good for the store owners trying to recoup some of the lost income they've incurred due to the Lohan's dragging their name through the mud!

miz

The Jeweler didn't prosecute or file a suit, The State did.

They probably wanted to beat the Lohans to the punch now that the tape has been in Lindsay's Defense Lawyers hands and could be manipulated by the Lohan team before sold to the media.

I do find it odd that the police let the Jewelers have a copy of the tape before trial but I guess they are the rightful owners of it.

TheBrain

This is why celebrities can commit murder (literally) and get away with it. Everyone is willing to sell out for money. If Lindsay gets a "Get out of Jail Free" card because of this I will be so pissed.

mannequin

Lindsay's name is so mired in filth that she will never make a "comeback" to her non-existent career anyway. People are just sick and tired of all of the Lohans. They're all parasites.
Personally, I can never look at Chanel again without bad connotations. Anyone associated with Lohan loses all credibility.

Christopher Spencer

Dear Harvey and Dax, isn't it true the two of you called me instantly when you found out my company was working on this and were begging me to sell you the rights? I'm confused by your slant.

Readers: Foul ball

Me

As if the Jeweler will say/admit they did all this for some quick cash.

Also what does this mean? Suggesting LILO posted here? (insert favorite celebrity who lied in "comment" section). Anyone know where this comment is?

And broke the story first? RadarOnline had this up since yesterday.

Carvey

Oh well, so Lindsay will skate again due to some sleaze bags who need to be boycotted (and I mean not only the jewelers but the total s*** who are buying the tape). Lindsay will screw up again soon enough. Of that there is no doubt.

Christopher Spencer

@mannequin this literally cannot help anyone get "off" it speaks for itself. It is the recorded account of what took place in the store. Clearly there is no secret here and quite simply an entire public trial would including showing it. The public has the right to see the footage and the Associated Press, a nonprofit organization, is handling the distribution. It's not good Karma to trash Lindsay either. We live in a country where individuals have Constitutional rights and Lindsay will receive a fair trial. Every potential juror in this case will see the video, therefore seeing it now or later is totally irrelevant.

Kelly

Readers: Foul ball

Posted at 4:27 AM on Mar 6, 2011 by Christopher Spencer
----------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't that just just part of the job??

Are you new to the game or something??

Oh..it's self promotion...nevermind!

Fat hand puppet

the Prosecutor's JOB... is to go after the truth where ever it leads. I doubt the prosecutor is "upset" about anything. If the jewler is dishonest then its the prosecutors JOB is to find out. If Lindsay is innocent then she should plead not guilty.
But I "dare" Lindsay to take it to trial i really do..because I also the the "mink coat" case details will be brought up and I think lindsay stole the coat.
this is just drama manufactured by tmz. I am not a lawyer but I don't see any problem with the jewlers selling the video tape, I don't think it changes anything. I think its pretty clear Lindsay stole the necklace.

Mark Proctor

Case over.

chad

Regardless of what you think of Lindsay(I myself think shes garbage), this is a pretty shady thing the jewlery store is doing. It sorta makes the jeweler look like that made the whole story up for a Big Cash cow.... It doesn't matter that the jeweler didn't want to prosecute, what matters is it sorta backs up lindsay's story she borrowed the necklace

Melissa Davis

Lindsey stole that necklace, she is not that good of an actress to pull of saying she forgot she had it on, I do not have a G on my forehead that say's Gullable.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments