Lindsay's Jewelry Store -- AUCTIONING the Necklace

3/9/2011 11:48 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The $2,500 necklace that Lindsay Lohan allegedly stole from a jewelry store is officially hitting the auction block ... TMZ has learned.

Lindsay Lohan Necklace Auction
A rep for the Kamofie and Co. jewelry store announced, "We have decided to sell the diamond necklace through auction, and give the proceeds to charity."

As for the specific charity -- the rep states, “We invite the public to make suggestions as to the most appropriate charity to receive the benefit of the sale’s proceeds."

According to the rep, the auction will not take place until AFTER the criminal case is resolved "by plea bargain, or trial or some other means."

The necklace is currently being held as evidence by the L.A. County District Attorney.

0202_lidsay_lohan_accessories_fame_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20

KK

Jewelry store owners are freaking crooks. Plain and simple. Go freaking take advantage of your own mother selling her that overpriced piece of shiizzzz. I'm a jeweler and can tell you it doesn't cost $2500.

The funny thing is that they "sold" the necklace for $35k plus free publicity.

cool breeze

Well said blue eyed lady. I have read most of the posts, and it makes me sick how much hate some folks on here have. I like cool breeze too. And life's a Lou. The rest keep saying things are facts when most of what they say is heresy and speculation. There is also a lot of things being listed as fact that have been proven to have been lies put out by people who later retracted and backpedaled on their statements. does anyone else think the judge told her if she accepts the plea that he will put her in jail to discourage her from accepting because he has seen the tape and knows the case has no legs to stand on? I think he may have been telling her to fight it because she has a good case. Does anyone know what happened with the Betty ford staffer who decided to not press charges? The sheriff went out of his way to push for charges to be filed. I think all prosecutors in California want to be famous and have high profile cases so they can be on t.v. like Marcia Clark. Some of this stuff is funny, but most of it is just below the belt juvenile hatred. One person said it is not like we are posting it on the street corner so everyone can see it. Wow that was stupid. Obviously way more people see it on the internet than on any street corner. I guess the mentality of them is that no one will see it except the ones that agree with them and like to bully people without impunity. Notice how they quickly dismiss and try to discredit the ones who disagree? I bet they are in the tea party. That is a favorite tactic of them. Just tell more lies to make them seem like victims. I have never seen on any post anyone who blames anything on anyone else, yet when someone disagrees, that is where the haters go. I guess it is in their DNA to automatically become defensive. Liars are like that.

LYNNE

YA KNOW I JUST DON'T GET THAT BEHAVIOR?I MEAN SHE HAS $,LOOK HOW LONG POOR MISS RYDER HAD TO GO THRU ALL THE STUFF OVER HER MESS-UP,BUT FOR LINDSEY TO SAY "TMZ" IS THE CIA,IT JUST SEALS IT ALL UP,SHE'S LOST IT!!!!
CHARLIE SHEENS HITTIN THE PRE-WROTE OBITS. TOO,THEY GOT WHAT WE CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE,WHY DON'THEY LEAVE L.A.AND LIVE THEIR LIVE IN COMMUNITIES THAT WON'T HOUND EM AND GET THEIR LIVES BACK. i FEEL SORRY FOR THEM.
GOD BLESS

sean

Lindsay and DINA LOHAN hate the truth the made up posters they hire or pretend to be will not confuse that FACT.@Cool Breeze you are a pathetic excuse for mom.The case has no legs to stand on??What ?The store sold the tape Dina sold 2 interviews and some how you trolls never mention the hush money paid to Dawn Holland or the $30,000 Dina got paid for them by NBC..

Fredenburg smith

I want to demand for this Woman that strictly punished.
Lean Muscle X