Lindsay's Jewelry Store -- AUCTIONING the Necklace

3/9/2011 11:48 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The $2,500 necklace that Lindsay Lohan allegedly stole from a jewelry store is officially hitting the auction block ... TMZ has learned.

Lindsay Lohan Necklace Auction
A rep for the Kamofie and Co. jewelry store announced, "We have decided to sell the diamond necklace through auction, and give the proceeds to charity."

As for the specific charity -- the rep states, “We invite the public to make suggestions as to the most appropriate charity to receive the benefit of the sale’s proceeds."

According to the rep, the auction will not take place until AFTER the criminal case is resolved "by plea bargain, or trial or some other means."

The necklace is currently being held as evidence by the L.A. County District Attorney.

0202_lidsay_lohan_accessories_fame_footer

jus-sayin

#9 Dan, HAHAHA
Gross, I hope they washed the skank off the necklace first. I have the willies just thinking about it.

Too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Areader

Shawn Holley will will easily win this case at trial for Lindsay!

Mikey

No doubt there's some nut out there who's thinking, 'I will buy that necklace, give it to Lindsay and she will become my wife.'

ketjo

thats the back of the dam necklace idiots at least try to show it right....but wait if you show it worn the right way you might see the diamonds that hang down the front and blow you cheap necklace story right out of the water

rob

Something isn't right about this. Why doesn't the police have this for evidence? I'm starting to thing they really are trying to make money off Lindsay! SMH

isa

Areader # 37

I AGREE.

NICOLE

I am not LL fan at all. But the jewelry store owners they took a huge advantage with this situation for money. (what a surprise,uh?)

They sold the video for 40K. C'mon.. Now they want to send the necklace to "auction"...That's also free advertising for THEM.

John the Lawyer

I want to donate the proceeds to a charity I just formed, the "Send Lindsay Michael and Dina and every other Lohan genepool receipent To Small Self Sustaining Hut In Antartica With No Outside Contact, To Save Humanity and Small Furry Animals From Exposure To Them." It's located near the Gibson creche and next to the Sheen Condo O' Goddesses. (C) 2011 John the Lawyer, all rights reserved.

isa

Charity my ass...

awards

Lindsay,

Join the fun and spirit of the gesture: you toss in taking a pearl necklace as part of the package deal. Raise a little money for charity and get ready for prison!

moe l.

Whatever she wants to claim, she stole the necklace plain and simple. And that's the cheesiest $2,500 necklace I've ever seen.

reily

Any self respecting charity would do well to refuse to have anything to do with these parasites .
It is way to late to repair the PR of this store,

Grandma Cracker

If the jeweler has the necklace back in their possession it is because LINDSAY HAS ACCEPTED A PLEA DEAL.

Come on speculators, this isn't rocket science!

Now I'm really outta here trollhans

stargazer

That's a great idea. You can bet the Lohan clan would never donate ANYTHING to charity.

R

I agree about that being a cheesy looking $2,500 necklace. First, it doesn't look like it weighs that much. Even if it's 18KT it looks rather light and flimsy. So, are the teeny diamonds in it of brilliant cut, rare color and almost flawless?