Mel Gibson Strikes Plea Deal -- NO JAIL TIME

3/10/2011 7:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson has struck an agreement with prosecutors and has made a plea deal in his looming criminal case ... sources connected with the L.A. County District Attorney tell TMZ ... and Mel will not get jail time.

0309_mel_gibson_plea_deal_EX_4
Our sources say Mel will appear in court Friday and will plead no contest to simple battery -- a lesser charge than corporal injury on a spouse.

As we first reported, Mel had been agonizing over the impending criminal charge -- related to the January 6, 2010 blowout with Oksana Grigorieva -- worried that a prolonged court fight would be a strain on his family, particularly his children.  We're told ... even though Mel believed he could win the case -- he struck the deal to protect his loved ones.

We're told the deal involves counseling but NO JAIL TIME.

When contacted for a response, Mel's lawyer, Blair Berk, released the following statement to TMZ:  "I know from almost 20 years as a criminal defense lawyer that sometimes justice can come for a client at too high a personal price.  That is particularly so for Mel, whose right to due process can only be exercised in this case with an enormous media circus attached."

Berk goes on, "Mel's priority throughout all of this has been that the best interests of his young daughter Lucia and the rest of his children be put first in any decisions made.  It is with only that in mind that he asked me to approach the District Attorney with a proposal that would bring all of this to an immediate end."

0309_mel_gibson_years_footer

M. Gabriel

@Azlee: There really is a lot of information we don't know! So I have no answer regarding KH.

Confused

Does this mean Ox isn't charged for anything?

rg1

I agree. This is a far cry from the gun toting maniac who had blood pratically everywhere.

Posted at 8:48 AM on Mar 9, 2011 by Ray
*********
EXACTLY! Ox's tales are full of shyte and even the DA knows that they were a joke. This just proves that they believe Mel's side of the story and no matter how much doctored "evidence" Ox comes up with, they know she's a liar.

TMZgossip

OMG
I hope TMZ has Team LUNATIC on suicide watch!!!!!

The PMG

Looks like he'll be out in "Melibu" calling people "Sugartits" in no time.

christy

I 'm glad this part is over and I'm sure Mel is. This is
a big weight off his shoulders. Ox will get hers in the
trial coming up. Can't wait for all her crap to finally bite
her in her ass. Go relax in the rain forest Mel. Love you!

anonym

It's time to charge this criminal prostitute grigorieva. Don't stop to spread the truth about this trash

DON"T stop, Mel! Bring the truth about this "woman"

azlee

chris, I could see how you could have a hard time with it, but you know you hear that you are forgiven of your sin and go and sin no more? Well, I think he knows this whole affair whalloped his kids and maybe, just maybe this time he is thinking with his heart instead of the head he was thinking with while with ox.

M Gabriel, cause we know what she tried to do and stood up against injustice. I wonder if this is the curtain call or their is more to come.

Tellthetruth59

OMG
I hope TMZ has Team LUNATIC on suicide watch!!!!!

Posted at 8:52 AM on Mar 9, 2011 by TMZgossip
-----------

LOL! You're a piece of work.

dreamon

Well done Blair Berk for your client. Lindsay Lohan take note.

azlee

so gossip, you like the fact that the wench looks free to do this to more men? ugggg.

Tellthetruth59

I hope the "good stuff" starts leaking out now. All the stuff LASD gathered on Picasso face. I want to know what was on that laptop of hers.

AS

Okay, just one more person to get and that's Okie Dokey. Although, I'm curious to see what antics she will pull next since Charlie Sheen has taken over the role of total insane Ruler of all that is media....

M. Gabriel

@Azlee; Yeah, me too! But to be perfectly honest with you! I hope the that sack of beans rips wide open!

Bubbles The Chimp

HA HA HA. Another mark on Racist Nazi Mel's record. Rot in Hell, Mel.