ABC Star -- Cops Pulled a GUN On Me!!!

3/9/2011 4:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Romany Malco -- from ABC's "No Ordinary Family" -- tells TMZ he had a gun drawn on him by a police officer last night ... for no apparent reason, he claims ... and he even videotaped the aftermath of the incident.

The video shows a verbal confrontation between Romany and a police officer in Hawthorne, CA  -- just outside L.A. -- moments after she pulled him over ... and approached his car with her gun drawn. Here's what Romany says went down right before he started recording the incident.

The officer pulled him over shortly after 7PM, and Romany claims she immediately began yelling, "Roll all the windows down and put your hands out the window ... everyone!!"

Romany says he grabbed his wallet and put his hands out the window -- which is when he noticed the officer had her gun drawn.

Romany says he shouted, "Since you've made the assumption that I'm a criminal ... you've got your gun drawn .. are you gonna shoot me?  I dare you, please."

He says the officer approached his car -- a white Lexus sedan -- and began to explain, "Two guys were seen ... " Romany claims the officer cut herself off when she looked into his car and saw his dog -- an American Bulldog named Doodle -- sleeping in the back seat.

Romany says he gave her his wallet and when she walked back to the patrol car ... he began recording on his phone.

In the video ... Romany asks the officer for her name and badge number -- which she provides. Ultimately, he was not cited for anything and went home.

Hawthorne PD tells us they had just gotten a call from a nearby T-Mobile store that three black males -- suspected of casing the store -- had fled when a security guard approached them. Police say Romany drove out of the same parking lot where the suspects had fled.

Police tell us they've reviewed their in-dash camera and Romany's video and believe the incident was handled correctly.

Romany says he just wants to know why the gun was pulled. He went to Hawthorne PD this AM to discuss the incident and request records ... and says he'll only get lawyers involved if he feels he was treated unlawfully.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

WetChiliFart

Cry baby.

Ari

Idiot grabbed his wallet?? THAT is why she drew her gun. He put his hands out of sight and she is trained to expect the unexpected. Stop your whining you baby.

Regulator

You drop your shoulder, or make any sudden movement while a cop is pulling you over then they have every right to assume you're hiding something or reaching for a weapon.

The best thing to do is not even go for your wallet. Just roll down your window, hook your thumbs under the top of your steering wheel and extend your other digits to the sky.

Oh I forgot to add, if you're black driving in a car that's not busted, this goes doubly for you.

jojochicago

Casing a place and driving off warrants a police chase and guns drawn? No crime was committed even if she pulled over the right people! Idiot racist cops!

Steve

The cop was doing her job, you self absorbed prick.

Chris

as a former military police in the Army, I can tell you she did the right thing.

Chris

So tell us Romany, what were you really looking for in Hawthorne last night??

CrashAndBurn

Should've jump out the car so you can give her a reason to unload on your stupid a@#.

Jen

For those saying he deserved a gun drawn on him because he pulled out his wallet are ridiculous! You always need to get your ID ready for the cop. If this officer is genuinely doing this without just cause then she is too paranoid to be on active patrol.

Mark

I gotta admit. If I was black and that happened to me I would be angry as hell. I'm in Canada and I'm not sure how things in the U.S. work but can you imagine having some idiot actually point a gun at you? That's no joke! And for doing absolutely nothing????????

Can you imagine the freaking embarrassment of sitting in your car while some cop treats you like a freaking serial killer in front of all the white motorists passing by?

One of the problems (and I know this sounds like bigotry too but too bad) is that I've seen too many cops that absolutely NEED the gun for nearly every situation because aside from "bullying" and "projecting dominance" that gun is really the only thing that stands between them and a certain death if things get physical.
And it's not just women. In Vancouver I've also seen RCMP officers lately that look like 14 year old boys. Cops have to be a respectable size and stregth if they are going to command authority. Otherwise they'll have to rely on the gun for respect and that just causes problems.

James

Romany is a punk cry baby, get over yourself ya little bytch!

Mark

Sara

Absolutely justified. I work for a police department and am academy trained. If a car splits from a security guard, in an area known for robberies and bad guys, as cell phone stores and the city of Hawthorne are both, then I would absolutely pull a gun on the car if I stopped them. You have to assume they're fleeing for a reason, possibly a weapon in their car, and you don't want to be the one slow to the draw when it means your life is at stake!!

Ed

I've had LAPD pull a gun on me before, When I was a teen. BTW I am white, they were white and I was not the person they were looking for. What's the big deal. That's their job you idiot.
Thank you PD, keep up the good work!

fliplid

He said to a police officer "I dare you to shoot me." When I get pulled over I don't do anything the officer doesn't tell me to do and everything works out. People mouth off to cops they resist arrest and then they say oh I wasn't doing anything, yes you were!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments