'Idol' Singer's

Sweet Hometown Treat

3/13/2011 7:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"American Idol" country singer Scotty McCreery’s hometown bosses have his back in the competition… and to show their support they baked him a giant cake.

0310_scotty_mccreery_cupcakes_launch
McCreery’s hometown of Garner, NC has been holding big “Idol” viewing parties -- and this week the market he works for sent over a giant cake made out of 1,000 cupcakes.

The Bakery Director at Lowes Market tells TMZ they plan on showing their support by sending more of the mammoth cakes -- which take 12 hours to bake and use 100 pounds of icing -- to future viewing parties as well.

And just in case "Idol" doesn't work out ... we're told the market is holding McCreery's job.

DatDogBitez

1000 cupcakes arranged on a table doesn't exactly qualify as a giant cake. C'mon... it's 1000 cupcakes arranged on a table. Snark snark.

SistaToldjah

That is sweet. I love him and he has a great voice.

SistaToldjah

I love Scotty, because he is so down to earth and seems like a very sweet person. He also has a great singing voice. He is perfect for Country.

CubanB

This guy shouldnt make top ten, he's LAME

Herpies Fully Loaded - The Sequel

Not my favorite idol this year. He sounds the same every week. Doubt he makes it past the next couple rounds of elimination.

Janet

What a great town you live in Scotty! Everyone knows you could be a country music recording star RIGHT NOW!, American Idol show or not.

Love your humility to! Good luck in your career!

Donna

Wish Scotty the best of luck.

Barb

Mr.One Dimension. Eat that cake now, 'cause we won't see you in the finals.

Rosie

I don't like country music at all but love Scotty's deep voice and he sure can sing the country music. It is so sweet what his old place of business is doing - all you complainers, "would your place of business support you?" He does seem like a genuine sweet guy and should go far.

HH

The first time I heard Scotty sing, in the auditions, I was blown away.

I wish I was a music agent, I would sign that kid up. I think he's going to be a huge country star, and he'll have a long career. He has an amazing voice.

Woot

Oh, and that's not a cake... it's cupcakes. How blind do they think we are? Just askin'.

Woot

I hate to pick on a kid, but he irritates the flock outta me. That side-of-mouth singing, eyebrow raising and sideways neck craning grates on my last damn nerve.

And he sounds exactly the same no matter what he's singing. The guy can carry a tune for sure, but I personally wish he'd carry it out the back door.

And I think Brett should have had his place!

Freddie

Scotty has a great voice and a great future. He has my vote week in and week out. I will buy his CD
when it is produced.

wmlmusic4life

SCOTTY is amazing! The first time I heard his voice he blew me away, he better win it! :)

McCreerian all the way!

KMCountry

Boys gotta down home, deep, sweet true country voice. When you look at singers, who have longer lasting careers? Country or Rock artists? Country, by far. Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, David Allen Coe, Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn, even those who have passed, or who aren't singing still today, are still selling records or are still writing music today. They are still holding on strong. Scotty has one of those very present, very strong voices. Whether he makes it far or not in Idol, he will make it far in music.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments