Rock Legend Arrested for OD'ing in Front of Son

3/14/2011 3:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former "Social Distortion" drummer Casey Royer was arrested in Orange County last week -- after the 52-year-old punk legend allegedly OD'd on heroin in front of his 12-year-old son.

Casey Royer
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Casey was watching TV with his son when he experienced an overdose ... at which point his son ran next door for help ... and the neighbors called cops.

According to law enforcement, his house was littered with garbage and drug paraphernalia -- including needles -- when police arrived.

Casey -- who currently sings for the punk band D.I. -- was immediately hospitalized nearby and survived. He was arrested soon after.

Casey was officially charged today -- with one count of child endangerment, and one count of being under the influence of heroin. He's currently being held on $120,000 bail.

0311_celebrity_mug_shots_mel_footer

Lux Interior

I laugh at all the h8rz for not knowing who SOCIAL ****ing DISTORTION is. Go back to your easy listening and country sh.it music.

John

Trash!

Donna

How sad is it for that poor kid to see his father shooting heroin and then ODing? Guy has no business being around a kids.
Grow up you loser! I'm sure he won't be having any unsupervised visits with his son any time soon if any at all.
Pitiful. You can HAVE LA!!!!!

How now brown cow

wow poor little boy hope he is not doing it with him!!!!

MIDNIGHT TOKER

thats why people should smoke pot.
A nice mellow buzz is what the world needs right now

Rocco

Yeah, I'm not getting the 'legend' part. Heard of the band, never heard of the guy.

Anonymous

I have met and worked with Casey on numerous occasions.. although he has his problems, he truly isn't meaning to harm anyone. He really is a good guy, deep down.. maybe rather than bashing people who have problems, we should be trying to help them..

Marlina

TMZ is so stupid. Who puts these ri_****_ulous stories online anyway? This will be my last time wasting another minute of my life on TMZ stupid S***.

anony

WINNING!

Jim Pitts

I put on several Adolescents and D.I. concerts in the 1980's. Casey really is a nice person, good surfer, but he's an addict who needs help.....I hope he gets it!

CrashAndBurn

Legends are usually reserved for those that have OD'd. Next time baby!

paigehop

Too bad the kid called 911!

paigehop

Disgusting and unforgivable that a "father" would do this to his child! Hopefully the boy will be placed with good, loving people, for a looong time. He deserves a chance in life.

Conservatives are Cowards

What kind of losers don't know Social D? I know most of the people who post here are losers and society's trash, but the level of how out-of-touch the people here constantly show themselves to be is amazing. Bully victims and social outcasts unite on TMZ message boards!!!

And like most of you, this tool was sitting at home while Social D is still running strong. Saw them live last summer, and Mike Ness sounds as good as ever, and I just picked up their new album last week, which is as strong as anything they've put out (except for the Greatest Hits)

Trent

This guy is no lengend. Just a washed up OC punk loser, who plays dive bars. Grow up loser!!!! Sucks for his kid. What a waste!

Oh yeah, your band sucks!