Gilbert Gottfried

Fired by Aflac

Over Japan Tweets

3/14/2011 6:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gilbert Gottfried was fired by Aflac from his gig as the voice of its duck mascot in the wake of his controversial series of tweets about the earthquake in Japan.

Gilbert Gottfried Fired Aflac
The company released a statement saying, "Gilbert’s recent comments about the crisis in Japan were lacking in humor and certainly do not represent the thoughts and feelings of anyone at Aflac ... Aflac will immediately set plans in motion to conduct a nationwide casting call to find a new voice of the iconic Aflac Duck."

Attempts to reach Gottfried were not successful.

Kim

AFLAC HAS DEMONSTRATED EXEMPLARY ACTION IN RESPONSE TO THIS ASININE AND HEARTLESS IDIOT. WTF IS THE MATTER WITH GOTTFRIED?

jim

Ball`s has no Ball`s

Oh my.

TMZ....small minds round the square table.

Bob

Dear Gilbert,

I made it real simple for you. I sent an email to JLesh.

He now has ALL my contact info...

Bob

Sammie

Tasteless and heartless, yes, but worth firing over? Naw. If I didn't read these pages, I wouldn't even know about it.

Notaparazzzi

Attempts to reach Gottfried were not successful ... because he is a hurtful coward.

I hope his career tanks more than it already has

Notaparazzzi

"If I didn't read these pages, I wouldn't even know about it."

That's okay ... I have not even begun to cause noise about this.

GetSomeHumor

His jokes were mild. He's a comedian. Freedom of speech. Why would we support actions that scare people away from making a harmless joke on a "tweet"? Humor in the face of sadness and disaster is OK. What people should be taking seriously is the narrowing confines of what is allowed to be spoken aloud in this free country.

Jasonsal

What about 50 cents comments. Or is it because he is a bigger star then gilbert.

Kabala

It seems like he was going out of his way to joke about a disaster of epic proportions, which isn't very cool. However I must say they were funny. I think they're overreacting a bit.
But nowadays everybody has to apologize for something.

tlcmk

When are comedians going to realize that "edgy" is not funny. Never has been.

Puckett

haha, FINALLY something funny involving Gilbert Gottfried. I didn't think that was possible.

BB Jones

Everyone is allowed the exercise of free speech. What I particularly like about it is that everyone has the opportunity to make f'n fools of themselves. This obnoxious a-hole is no exception.

Scott

Those weren't tweets, they were quacks!

Truth

GG has worked for Aflac for 11 years and THIS is what gets him in trouble?

Where was Aflac until now? They knew his comedy. What wimps.

RonBurgundy

What's the least popular detergent in Japan?

Tide