Gilbert Gottfried

SHOCKING

Japan Tsunami Jokes

3/14/2011 11:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

As the death toll creeps towards 3,000 ... and the fear of a nuclear disaster looms ... comedian Gilbert Gottfried decided the timing was right for some completely tasteless Japan tsunami jokes.

Japan Tsunami Jokes

Gilbert went to his Twitter page over the past 24 hours and dropped TWELVE tsunami-inspired jokes ... including:

Gilbert Gottfried Japan Jokes

So we gotta ask ...

atk

@Meeka, you are an embarrassment to your race. Shame on you.

MrsBeasley

His day will come and when it does, I will have no sympathy for him.

Rude Boy

@panchang810:

I see it differently. To me, even the most repugnant speech needs to be defended. I have no issues with the KKK, neo-Nazis, Aryan Nation or any hate group speaking their minds (And I’m a black man…). I say this because if they are stifled, where would it stop? And who would be determining what’s “appropriate”? Those same people may someday say that I have no right to speak out against oil paintings of Elvis on velvet (which I find vulgar, BTW).

I would much rather that speech like Mr. Gottfried’s disgusting jokes, no matter how objectionable, be out in the open. That way, it can be refuted and those idiots like him be exposed for the losers they are.

I do appreciate and respect your passion and fighting the good fight, though, my friend.

other jim

panchang810
So let me get this right. No person should say anything that "imparts negative and bad vibes"? You mean something like these words all in CAPS?

"SHOULDN'T BE ABUSED AND BE USED TO INSTIGATE HATRED AND ANIMOSITY AND SHOULD NEVER BE USED TO MALIGN PEOPLE AND OTHER CULTURE AND ETHNIC BACKGROUND AND MUST NEVER BE USED JUST TO INVOKE JOKE AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHER PEOPLE OR NATIONS WHO ARE IN GRAVE THREATS OR SUFFERINGS!"

So we should ALL censor everything we say unless it is nice and sweet and used only for good. Well, there goes our FREEDOM. And 90% of what's posted in this comment section. You can't have freedom of speech if you believe in being censored. You can't have it both ways. Pick one or the other. Freedom or Censorship. Which will you choose. Good or bad I choose to be free. The Communists chose censorship. Where are they now? Even the Communists realized freedom is better than censorship.

"He who controls the past rules the future." - G. Orwell 1984

DWeaver

Seriously Gilbert... You really should stick to doing voice overs for Disney parrots and leave the joke-telling to somebody with half a brain.

BaNEoFhUmANiTY

Iago how could you

jim

katie10

A great post. Just read the posts from most here, laughing and wishing ill, because it's "free speech" and just do the opposite. Your life will have much more meaning by reaching out a hand, not by slapping a needy one away.

TMZ....where small minds think alike.

Suzieque

OMG, I laughed so hard I had tears rolling down my face, hilarious!

AFV

Gilbert is funny as hell (even though these jokes fell flat). If you don't believe me watch the Comedy Central Roast of Joan Rivers. Your face will hurt from laughing so hard.

please

They are completely overwhelmed right now and it shows a major lack of maturity, compassion and basic sensitivity to even print this story.

please

They are completely over whelmed over there right now and it shows a complete lack of maturity, compassion and basic sensitivity to even print this story.

mary

Now I am done with TMZ! I haven't watched in a while. Harvey and his little"posse" are hitting below the belt. Godfried is a a..hole! Just like TMz!!

Priss

Don't know who this idiot is, but TMZ you are just as sick for posting his stupidity!!

Total Moron Zone

please..

Are you forgetting what site this is?? Doy.

jim

Never mind the pathetic comments, Jim...look at the source, now...that's a laugh!

Posted at 11:25 AM on Mar 14, 2011 by katie10

This is true Katie.

Posted at 11:25 AM on Mar 14, 2011 by please

TMZ's greed at its finest.

Posted at 11:27 AM on Mar 14, 2011 by mary

Mary,

We can only hope more do the same.

TMZ.....small minds think alike.