Mel Gibson -- He's a Granddaddy Again!

3/14/2011 1:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson had a busy last few days -- not only pleading no contest to misdemeanor battery, but becoming a grandfather for the third time ... TMZ has learned.

Mel Gibson Grandchildren
Sources close to Gibson tell TMZ his daughter Hannah gave birth Saturday night to a baby boy. It's Mel's third grandchild -- two boys and one girl -- all from Hannah and her hubby, blues singer and guitarist Kenny Wayne Shepherd.

We're told Mel hit up his church in Malibu yesterday (see above) -- but ducked out early to spend time with the new baby, who has yet to be named.

Barry Limbaugh

Good to hear and congrats to Mel and his family. Mel's about as close as your going to get to being a 'regular guy' wealthy actor.Good to see.

Midwesterner

Congrats hannah and Ken.

Mel looks good! I think that's Robyn's bacsid and she looks good too. (eat your heart out nasty Oxgina.) :)

Posted at 10:16 AM on Mar 14, 2011 by Sam

_________________________________________________

Would Robyn be at the church these days? I have no idea, but I am wondering, considering the divorce and the fact she is Episcopalian.

Tellthetruth59

I'm astounded that people manage to find away to express throbbing, burning, near psychotic hatred of Mel into a thread about the birth of an innocent new baby. It is really twisted.

Tellthetruth59

Congrats hannah and Ken.

Posted at 10:16 AM on Mar 14, 2011 by Sam

_________________________________________________

Posted at 11:24 AM on Mar 14, 2011 by Midwesterner
------

That is not Robyn. Her hair is shorter.

Curious

Posted at 11:26 AM on Mar 14, 2011 by Tellthetruth59
-------------------------------------------
Soory to tell you this, my friend, but you shouldn't be.

It's that whole "edgy" thing. The simple minded think it's impressive.

Midwesterner

in gibletz case, it is a cult

Posted at 10:52 AM on Mar 14, 2011 by TMZgossip

__________________________________________

Traditionalist Catholics are now a cult? That remark is unworthy of your usual high standards.

gibbs

It is really nice to hear some good news. Blessing to Baby and parents, and grand-parents too.

mama9

Congrates Mel. What a blessing. I hope mom and baby are doing great.

Michael

I'm very happy for Mel, he deserves a break!
Congratulations! Grandchildren are wonderful...

But...
You have to know an aging Sherman Oaks piano whore is steaming over losing another piece of her future fortune, the portion that will surely be left to the new baby.

Hell, she probably has his fortune worked out to the exact penny on an excel spreadsheet, and she and her lawyer-lover dream of how they will spend it.

The problem is, her beau has about as much chance of winning a big award in Civil Court, as he does of being elected president.

It's going to be fun watching him crash and burn in the face of real attorneys with real courtroom savy. Flashy media outlet antics won't carry much weight against seasoned Civil attorneys toting facts and evidence.

Do the math

25: It's no secret that Kenny Wayne Shepard is Mel's son-in-law. It was widely publicized when he married Hannah, and more recently I read about a road trip Kenny and Mel took together. It sounds like they get along very well.

Best wishes to all!

beercan thick

who cares...i have 4 grandkids and their better than his as i`m a better person than him.......i`m going to rail my neighbors wife he`s at work and shes horny.....

GrannyDawletter

Mel is a grandfather! Great news! That means my old Tennessee granddad no longer holds the record for being the craziest, anti-semitic, drunkard grandpa.

Hahaha

Pray for forgiveness. Your church will forget everything Mel... just like the Holocaust. Oh and say hi to your father the Nazi for me. I hope Oksana takes you for 100 million. She has already beat you once and she will do it again. It's good to know that your angry telephone rants will stay in the headlines a bit longer. Must be a nightmare for ya, huh?

Posted at 10:07 AM on Mar 14, 2011 by Phil

Stop whinning about the Holocaust...as if Jews were the only people ever wronged on earth! You don't hear native americans, Africans, Haitians (1937 massacre by Trujillo), Palestinians (Israel occupation) Gypsies, Armenians to only cite a few whine everyday do you? They move on, own up to the history of human brutality and try to avoid it from happening instead of carrying hatred and a disgusting grudge around...

Congrats Mel!!! This must soothe your pain! Forget the useless ho...the heart of the matter is that she's jealous of you and your beautiful family, your success, the fact that you're living on imprint on earth: your kids and your talent! What will she leave when she dies: the legacy of spreading her legs for money and destroying those who comes into her life!!!!

Majestik

Wonderful news for the proud parents and for Mel and Robyn and the rest of the family.

Sorntolc

I never understood why people hate large families and they ridicule the people that have them. Its discrimination and it's hateful but somehow it's politically correct to bash people with lots of children. My friends with large families put up with rude comments and stares on a regular basis. Disgusting.

Posted at 10:55 AM on Mar 14, 2011 by Tellthetruth59

Who would have the right to say that you should never have brought your sons and daughters into the world? What if you could only have two? Which two would you do without?

I could reasonably argue that my two children merely replace my husband and I upon our deaths. You having four doubled the population.

See how sticky such an argument can get?

Posted at 11:03 AM on Mar 14, 2011 by Curious

----------------------------------------------------------------------

TTT59: It's not my intention to spew hate on large families, still it shouldn't be a taboo beyond debate. But the catholic church (including Mels' & Hutton's sect) & other dogmatic religions simply refuse to realize the problem.

Curious: I´m well aware that it´s difficult questions, and no easy solutions can be found. I'm not supporting the "chinese" way either. The basic thing is a free debate, and (I believe) social wellfare, making it possible to live a secured life & thus break the old patterns in the 3. world.

It's different in the rich part of the world. Here the problem seems to be, that people in general have very few children. The women are occupied working, resulting in alarmingly low birth-rates. Hence it gradually becomes a privilege of the creative classes to have many children or, if not your own, adopting some.

Still among fundamentalists, like Hutton, Mel & the sister-wife family, it's a major theme to "become numerous as the sands". I'm not drawing any conclusion here, just saying that the consequenses should be debated openly.