Teen Bully Video Fallout

Both Kids Suspended

3/16/2011 7:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's the video that has taken over the Internet -- an Australian kid, fed up with being bullied, viciously body slams his tormentor -- and TMZ has learned BOTH kids were reprimanded for their actions.

Australian Bully
TMZ spoke with a family member of one of the kids ... who told us the bully was suspended for twenty-one days following the incident and the kid being bullied was suspended for 4 -- since he was violent as well.

We're also told the kid on the receiving end of the vicious body slam did not suffer any serious injuries ... despite the fact he came off the ground with a severe limp.

Sources tell us the kid who was being bullied is handling the media attention surprisingly well -- and is "very happy" he's received so much support.

TheRealJerseyShore

That was so nice I had to watch it twice!!! It was great when the bigger kid came over after this little piss ant was slammed(incredible slam by the way) and he even thought twice about anything, then a chick came over a pushed him away.

STARR C

Yo dat wuz dope!

Allen Ridak

Laughing at all the people calling for the parent to sue. That's why Australia has one of the world's strongest economies and America's citizens can't even afford basic medical care. This won't end up in court and no lawyer is going to make one cent from this everday occurrence. Would love to be a lawyer in the US, with your neverending stream of hobos looking for an easy payout.

meg

I think the guy was hit by the bully - what was it? - 4 times before he showed the bully what for. Looks like the bully got what he had coming. I'd like to see bullied kids take martial arts and other disciplines to defend themselves in cases like this (which happen multiple times every day all over the world).

Shread

Advice to anyone who is being bullied.....Punch the Bully as hard as you can in the nose and when he grabs his face in pain kick him in the balls as hard as you can.
I think you will make your point.

John the Lawyer

THE kid doing the punching gets body slammed, and then limps over to the camera-kid. It was a setup to get a video on the web, thats the sad part.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

The bullied kid should have the suspension taken off his record, & his grades should remain the same as they were the day of the fight. On top of that, the bully's grades should be brought down a point, & he should stand in front of the entire school at assembly & tell them why his INFERIORITY COMPLEX led him to pick on someone he thought was weaker than him. He should be held up as an example, & I am so glad the kid fought back. Good for him.
I guarantee you the bully will never bully him again.

Doug

Of course he should be suspended for protecting himself because violence is not the answer. However sometimes you have to defend yourself and this was definitely one of those times. You either stand up to losers like that skinny little punk, or chance always being a victim.

Jen O.

Way to go, kid! Too bad all bullies can't get the **** beaten out of them.

azlee

gossip, glad you did the heads up on this.

Josers

As much as I don't want my own child to fight back because he would be punished....I'm proud of this boy for defending himself. He should have continued to beat the bully for a bit longer, proved the point a little more.... Wonder if I can get him to beat up my kids bully? My 13 year old has been victim to bullying. Yes, the child that defends themself from attack is punished as well. My son blocked a hit to the head and was given the same punishment as the child who hit him in the head and broke his glasses??? So my son, continues to be bullied and will not fight back. I called and complained repeatedly, the school finally gave the kid 6 days detentions, on his first day of detention, he threated to have two other kids help him jump my son... again I called the school and this time threatened lawsuits, news crews, police and protective orders. The bully is currently suspended from school for 3 days. I fear my son will be jumped or beat up :-( I'm almost ready to tell my son to use his karate skills and dish out a beat down and just deal with expulsion and home school him. I am so fed up with bullying!

Allen Ridak

I take that back. The lawyer his family engage to handle all the American media offers is going to make a small fortune.

ssdddss

umm this shows that most of the people on this site are idiots.. ... .the bully is the fat kid duh.. ... .the kid that got body slammed was sticking up for himself from past abuse.. ... .but the fat kid was being a fat kid and eating his punches.. ... .then the fat kid channeled his inner sumo and body slammed the kid.. ... .fat kid bad.. ... .awkwardly little kid with limp good.. ... .

Pimpcessa

Although I agree with the comments about the boy who was bullied, shouldn't have been suspended, I have a difference of opinion of it being the schools obligation to "handle these situations".

My sister is a school teacher and she often complains that she's a glorified babysitter, because the parents drop their little angels off at school and don't give a damn what goes on, many times. They think it's the schools responsibility to raise THEIR kids. Well it's NOT.

How is a teacher supposed to control kids these days when they are:
1) Not allowed to even touch the kids, much less reprimand them physically, which would be necessary to break up a fight.
2) Not allowed to even speak to them in a harsh way, otherwise their little angel goes home and lies about what the teacher says to them. Lawsuit begins....
3) Many kids come to schools with weapons, and no teachers salary (small pittance) is worth being harmed just trying to teach the little ****s.
4) Basically, the parents don't have enough balls or care enough to teach their kids the difference between right and wrong.

The fault of what we witnessed in the video, LIES ENTIRELY WITH THE PARENTS of that little ****. He was obviously never taught an ounce of compassion or civility, and you can bet his parents are going to be totally indignant and whine about their precious angel getting unjustly suspended. Even if they see this video, they will have some excuse.

Face it folks, parents have lost the right (or desire) to discipline their own kids in many ways as well. The kids are running our schools, and don't be stupid enough to believe otherwise.

I don't care what the law says though, if I saw my kid do that, HE would be getting the next beat down. And if that didn't work, his little ass would be going off to that kiddie boot camp where they break the little bastards spirit and build him back up into a functional member of society.

But, NO, this is not what teachers are supposed to be made to put up with. Raise your own kids right and take the time to check up on them, to see if you're getting bull****ted by them (you may be surprised). I don't give a hoot about their "personal privacy and trust and space" either. Any parent that believes that garbage is a lazy buffoon that doesn't have the time nor inclination to raise a kid right.

End of rant.....

nacholibre rules...

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHA THATS STUPID BULLY WAS OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1